144Hz not being reached ingame

Fatal_Experiment
0 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
Hi all,
I'm having the weird issue that in game I never get 144hz my max is 90+/-. Ingame menu is no problem at all but when in a match I immediatly get a drop. Dx12 is not on all the specs are on auto, except for the frame rate which is set voor 144. When I bought the screen some time ago I was able to reach it and in other games it is no issue but ever since an update I never get the same result.
Any advice?
Run i7 6700 + 1080GTI + 16GB DDR4

Comments

• CSO7777
    1081 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Try using DX12, works better for many players (myself included).

If you insist on running DX11, make sure FFR is on, otherwise you will not be able to reach max FPS.
  • Jinko_itx
    686 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    you will prolly need a i7 8700 in order to reach the full potential of that card, the i7 6700 is best for the GTX 1070
  • Lahoo_Eckbert
    1244 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    6700K will hog after 100fps.
    My 7700K OC'D to 4.9ghz can't consistently give me 144fps either.

You might want to limit your fps to 120. Reduce post process, effects and lightning quality as well as FX amount. Crank up everything else. Might also increase the resolution scale(will give you some input lag  though).

• FierceBrosnan007
    1002 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Dx 12, FFR off, video settings - "min latency".

Set framerate limiter in game video options to monitor refresh rate.
  • XDCFluffy
    224 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    My frame rate with a 6700k doesn't look too bad.  Framestimes are abysmal :(
  • BassMan_PC
    182 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hi all,
    I'm having the weird issue that in game I never get 144hz my max is 90+/-. Ingame menu is no problem at all but when in a match I immediatly get a drop. Dx12 is not on all the specs are on auto, except for the frame rate which is set voor 144. When I bought the screen some time ago I was able to reach it and in other games it is no issue but ever since an update I never get the same result.
    Any advice?
    Run i7 6700 + 1080GTI + 16GB DDR4

What is a 1080GTI? A new VW?
  • CaptHotah
    1061 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I7 8700k/gtx 1080ti, i get stable 140fps with dx11 and future frame rendering ON. DX12 is stuttering as hell
  • bigguyhawaii
    353 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    In the in game video menu make sure you set it to your resolution and refresh rate. I just got a 1440 144 monitor and thr game shows [email protected] 60hz