I had been using the 1st person bombing sights wrong all these months

Hawxxeye
5350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
edited July 7
As a habit from BF1 I was clicking multiple times the trigger instead of just holding it down until all the bombs are out.
Just today I realized that if you hold down the trigger "full auto" with the first person bombing sights in BFV, then the bombing sights will  after the first bomb is dropped move downward in order to put each bomb on the place that you were aiming when you first pressed the the trigger, resulting in a much more precise strike if  it is a multi bomb drop.
This only works on the first person sights as the third person one does not have that function. Seriously DICE I would not mind buying a game manual separately if it would help knowing exactly how everything is supposed to work instead of having to figure things out each game.

Comments

• okiie_918
    128 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Lol works with the rockets as well!
  • YourLocalPlumber
    2800 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    BF1 bombing sights worked exactly the same way...
  • Hawxxeye
    5350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Seriously? I was sure that I could not unload all the bombs by holding down the trigger in BF1. That however had never prevented me from nailing tanks in a barrage of bombs in BF1, it just shows how weaker then BFV vehicles are, you actually need to know what you are doing.
  • Matty101yttam
    871 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've flown a plane once in bfv for a tides of war unlock...i dropped 1 payload of bombs and figured it out about a second in when the next bomb dropped.
    Like when a weapon fires another shot you instantly realise it's auto, i figure that's why they don't bother telling people.
  • Hawxxeye
    edited July 8
    I've flown a plane once in bfv for a tides of war unlock...i dropped 1 payload of bombs and figured it out about a second in when the next bomb dropped.
    Like when a weapon fires another shot you instantly realise it's auto, i figure that's why they don't bother telling people.
    Because you had not already had a wrong preconceived notion about how it works.
    Lets assume that for example you had a full auto rifle that fired at the same slow RoF as the bomber drops bombs and you for some reason believed it was a semi auto weapon. Would you ever try to use it on full auto aka just holding down the trigger in the heat of the battle where you really need to kill someone instead of experimenting?
    I know it is stupid but it happens...just look at the safety warnings on most instruction manuals to see what people might have done in the past with an electric appliance.
    Even now there are thousands of people who were not sure which scopes have how much glint as shown by how the video I made showing what has glint in BFV has more views than any other video I ever made combined. (5100). It does show that some vital information about the game is only accessible from personal experience of third parties.
    Post edited by Hawxxeye on
  • dirtyglasses
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Never use sight... Probably should XD
  • Hawxxeye
    edited July 8
    Never use sight... Probably should XD
    At least if you want to nail that guy chilling in his red zone with an AA tank, spamming explosions at your bomber ;)
    I never expected that the 3rd person sights were a noob-trap for anti tank bombs on the bhenheim/ Ju88
  • Agent_Talon
    439 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ok dumb question but how do you use the 1st person sight?  I didn't even know it was a thing.  Do all the bombers have it?
  • fisknyllet17
    1727 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    As a habit from BF1 I was clicking multiple times the trigger instead of just holding it down until all the bombs are out.Just today I realized that if you hold down the trigger "full auto" with the first person bombing sights in BFV, then the bombing sights will  after the first bomb is dropped move downward in order to put each bomb on the place that you were aiming when you first pressed the the trigger, resulting in a much more precise strike if  it is a multi bomb drop.This only works on the first person sights as the third person one does not have that function. Seriously DICE I would not mind buying a game manual separately if it would help knowing exactly how everything is supposed to work instead of having to figure things out each game.
    Interesting. Sidenote, a convo seems to be going on in the chat about some swedish cops from a small town in Sweden. Odd.
  • Hawxxeye
    Ok dumb question but how do you use the 1st person sight?  I didn't even know it was a thing.  Do all the bombers have it?
    be in the 1st persom mode in the plane aka the cockpit and then click the ADS button if you are in the blenheim or the Ju88
  • Agent_Talon
    439 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    be in the 1st persom mode in the plane aka the cockpit and then click the ADS button if you are in the blenheim or the Ju88
    Ahhh ok so it's only in a small selection of the planes, that makes sense. 
  • xKusagamix
    933 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So maybe this is why other people seem to be more successful at destroying tanks and killing infantries than me. Thank for the tip xD
  • ASaltyAlpaca
    48 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If they added the bombsight window onto the Stuka I would be using that more often. But for some reason our pilots can’t look at our invisible feet for some uncanny reason.
  • Hawxxeye
    If they added the bombsight window onto the Stuka I would be using that more often. But for some reason our pilots can’t look at our invisible feet for some uncanny reason.
    Technically the Stuka does not really need it cause its good bomb (1000kg) is a single bomb instead of a barrage.
    The mosquito on the other hand however is in trouble cause unless you use the overnerfed blockbuster bomb its other bombs are barrage type
  • ASaltyAlpaca
    48 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ASaltyAlpaca said:

Technically the Stuka does not really need it cause its good bomb (1000kg) is a single bomb instead of a barrage.
    The mosquito on the other hand however is in trouble cause unless you use the overnerfed blockbuster bomb its other bombs are barrage type

Yet it seems that the bombs barely do any damage now, When I use the 1000kg i damage tanks for 95 but don’t destroy them, same with the 4000. I can’t tell whether it’s a server side issue or just damage output.
  • ProAssassin2003
    3314 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This would be nice if the sight wasn't buggy half the time. I don't fly often but will try this next time I do. I did fly tonight and got a 10 Banger on Breakthrough on Hamada.
  • NLBartmaN
    3182 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Having the latency variation icon and hit claim confirmation that compensates for that variation helps too ...

With a poor connection you only have to drop bombs in a circle of 100 meters around a target or shoot in front of the target and you still get the kill ... you don't have to aim ...
  • barnesalmighty2
    1477 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    YourLocalPlumber said:

Seriously? I was sure that I could not unload all the bombs by holding down the trigger in BF1. That however had never prevented me from nailing tanks in a barrage of bombs in BF1, it just shows how weaker then BFV vehicles are, you actually need to know what you are doing.

He's correct it was the same in BF1 too.