Adrenalin 19.7.1 Anti-Lag Drivers

SneakyGunman
384 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
In order to enable this go into AMD Radeon Settings (right click on desktop).  Go To Game.  Open the profile for BFV by double clicking on it. 
Turn on Radeon Anti-Lag.  Use the back arrow in the upper left corner to go back. Enable the Profile by right clicking on it. 
Start BFV and you should hear a series of beeps.  This indicates that it's enabled.  Make sure that Enhance Sync is disabled.

Do you notice any improvement in mouse input in BFV?

Comments

• BaronVonGoon
    7051 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I've been waiting for this. Did it release already?

Waiting for reviews to see if it's a marketing gimmick or it actually does help with lag.
  • SneakyGunman
    384 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2019
    Yes, the driver has been released.  Grab it and see if you notice a difference.  I will do the same. 
  • BaronVonGoon
    7051 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
  • SneakyGunman
    Oh wow, this works a treat. 
  • Tuco_Ramirez_1
    219 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Decent improvement?
  • SneakyGunman
    edited July 2019

Decent improvement?

Yes there are.
    This game plays so much better now. 
    Post edited by SneakyGunman on
  • SneakyGunman
    There are situation in which going from:
    prone to standing to firing at an enemy
    Healing to firing at an enemy
    etc
    which take a lot less time.  In other words if I do one action but need to fire my weapon because of an enemy I notice as I'm doing that action I can now fire a lot quicker then I did before. To the point where I can get the shots off  1st before they do.  I've never seen that before this driver. 
  • SteveZee
    359 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah anti lag is interesting. Ive heard things but i dont totally know what it does. Nvidia says it basically is the same as maxprerendered frames =1 or some lower value, but im not entirely sure of that. Well have to wait for reviews and performance tests. 

Hardware unboxed is coming out w/ a review of it soon.
  • SneakyGunman
    SteveZee said:
    Yeah anti lag is interesting. Ive heard things but i dont totally know what it does. Nvidia says it basically is the same as maxprerendered frames =1 or some lower value, but im not entirely sure of that. Well have to wait for reviews and performance tests. 

Hardware unboxed is coming out w/ a review of it soon.
    No that's simply not true and I found it hard to believe that another company would say something like that.   There is an interview with an AMD rep who explains it more. 

It starts at the 5 minute 50 second mark of the video. 
    Basically it's how AMD fixed their drivers to reduce latency. 
    You have to turn it on though once you are in game.
  • OskooI_007
    1288 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2019
    I watched the video. The AMD rep. is describing the pre-render frame buffer for the CPU. He specifically states Anti Lag helps in GPU bound situations, by preventing the CPU from buffering a bunch of frames while it's waiting on the GPU to finish.

Anti lag also only works in DX11. It doesn't work in DX12. The same is true for the Future Frame Rendering setting in BFV and Nvidia's Max Pre-Rendered Frames setting. They all manipulate how many pre-rendered CPU frames are buffered in the DX11 Context Queue.

DX12 no longer uses the Context Queue. Pre-rendered CPU frames in DX12 are now handled by the game engine itself. Which is why Anti Lag, Future Frame Rendering, and Max Pre-Rendered Frames no longer work in DX12.

https://www.tweakguides.com/NVFORCE_7.html

https://www.anandtech.com/show/6857/amd-stuttering-issues-driver-roadmap-fraps/2
    Post edited by OskooI_007 on