Another Hotfix is due out this Thursday, July 11th...

YourLocalPlumber
2820 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
edited July 9
Place your bets ladies and gentleman. What are they going mess up this time.  Last hotfix completely ruined hit detection without fixing anything.

Comments

• CaptainHardware
    302 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm on PC, so my figuring is, if this hot fix changes nothing for me, that's a positive. If anything gets worse, it's going to be the final absolute sign that DICE has seriously lost control of the game code.

Hopefully it will improve the situation for the Xbox crowd.
  • Blackidus
    221 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 9
    I wonder how much actual testeing they do with theese hotfixes considering how broken the last one whas?

I´m starting to think that the best way to go would be to paus TOW and new content, stop doing hotfixes and just make one big push on one big patch for perfomance, stabilty issues and big game-breaking bugs together with massive testing off course. They made a big change in the middle of BF1 life that affected the regular updates for the game, they went from 2-3 months between patcheds to 1 month?

I work as a developer on a smaller company and we spend at least 2 weeks of testing before we release new updates for the rest of the company, no matter the size of the update or the number of fixes. If the patches or updates dont get tested or dont work we dont release them until they are tested, accepted or fixed.
  • Hawxxeye
    5387 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    My bet is that it will fix nothing for me on PC cause it is directed @ the Xbox console.

• spychodelics
    214 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    My bet is that it will fix nothing for me on PC cause it is directed @ the Xbox console.

That will be the problem, crossplattformdevelopment, if they fix something on xbox they will definitly break somethink on pc :D
  • Hawxxeye
    5387 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:

That will be the problem, crossplattformdevelopment, if they fix something on xbox they will definitly break somethink on pc :D
    Well I am just interpreting the tweet.
    I predict 100% the dreaded Infinite Loading screen will return eventually on all platforms.
  • MintySSD
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I predict you will see people inside tanks but actually no tank
  • herodes87
    1269 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    What will broken next?
  • BaronVonGoon
    6738 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    One step forward, two steps back. You know new bugs will be introduced.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1506 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hopefully we can join any map we want for XBOX1.  Instead of freezing up and dashboarded then have to reload it and try again.  Luckily last night first try worked for conquest on Fjell.
  • Tullzter
    1082 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    One step forward, two steps back. You know new bugs will be introduced.
    One step forward, two steps back, step on an AP mine wait 10 seconds for it to blow, then get blown 35 steps back by a completely silent tank and land at an invisible soldier's feet
  • TyroneLoyd
    1351 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    "Tactical nuke inbound"
  • sabootheshaman
    1069 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I love that this is what ea call a “hotfix”. Anyone who works in software would consider a hotfix something that pretty much gets out in a day and fixes something.
  • ackers75
    2337 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sorry but your gonna have to excuse me for not being exited
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1435 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    My bet is....it'll likely be fixed...for the moment

However, it will be fixed...until the next update breaks something yet again, because they refuse to nerf ttk, which is the likely culprit of these ttd and other snafu.
  • ackers75
    2337 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My bet is....it'll likely be fixed...for the moment

However, it will be fixed...until the next update breaks something yet again, because they refuse to nerf ttk, which is the likely culprit of these ttd and other snafu.

The game will never be fixed to a reasonable extent now.
    These guys are always gonna be chasing bugs
  • Fish7O2
    190 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I love that this is what ea call a “hotfix”. Anyone who works in software would consider a hotfix something that pretty much gets out in a day and fixes something.
    Oh, I remember when Origin / +Battlelog at the time,  was being introduced, "Hotfixes" were one of the big selling points. Patches could be done in small same day patches / fixes for Battlefield, no longer would we have to wait weeks or months . I have seen that happen once, that I remember, oh and surprise, that was a couple weeks back when they accidentally gave away  skins that were meant to be behind a paywall.