Hit pause button on assignments until proper fix

MAJWolfcookies
582 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
If assignments are root cause of stutter fps issues, then disable or remove assignments until a proper (and tested) fix is in effect. Probably easier said than done but...

Comments

• Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1506 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Assignments and Tides of War objectives are only one part of the problem.

How it went from universally active assignments with zero performance issues to manually selected assignments that cause stuttering is beyond me. I just don't understand. I also remember people complaining about BF1's rotating manually selected medals and DICE still decided to double down on this concept for BFV's assignments. Why!?
  • Blackidus
    327 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2019
    Assignments and Tides of War objectives are only one part of the problem.

How it went from universally active assignments with zero performance issues to manually selected assignments that cause stuttering is beyond me. I just don't understand. I also remember people complaining about BF1's rotating manually selected medals and DICE still decided to double down on this concept for BFV's assignments. Why!?
    BF1 also had stuttering issues connected to weapond assignments. I think it whas with the release of Turning Tides that you got stutter wich each kill like the game where checking if the kill should be tracked towards an assignment but that got resolved rather quick if I remmember it correctly?

And I agree, manualy selecting assignments is terrible. I would rather have the BF4 sollution with the battlelog system. You could not see your progress in game but instead you tracked all assignments at the same time, why is this such a problem now when they did it years ago?

• Hawxxeye
    6870 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Ironically the FOMO assignments are the only think keeping people from quitting until some real fixes happen
  • NLBartmaN
    4307 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Since I removed all assignments, performance seems a little better on PS4 ...

Until I use the Panzer IV (max rank and specs) or stationary canon (which have NO assignments connected to them) and the game freezes and stutters like crazy when I hit someone ...
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2525 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Maybe pause it for a boring face paint for the weekly TOW.  But this Thursday has a new rifle so unpause at least for the first day or two so I get that gun.
  • Shadeblast
    59 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Remember when people were complaining why we can only choose 4 assignments?
    Imagine the game with all active at the same time. Lagfest I tell you...
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2525 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Remember when people were complaining why we can only choose 4 assignments?
    Imagine the game with all active at the same time. Lagfest I tell you...
    I barely go after assignments now.  Just the weekly TOW and that's about it.  Besides chapters which unlocks clothes and what not.