Weekly Debrief

What players hated about battlefield V, and some suggestions to do it better.

Comments

  • sabootheshaman
    1117 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 11
    @Minigun991 why would I engage your hypothetical? I contested your opinion on women in the game.

    Again, you’re using a straw man argument to conceal what seems to be some deeply set insecurities.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1436 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    @Minigun991 why would I engage your hypothetical? I contested your opinion on women in the game.

    Again, you’re using a straw man argument to conceal what seems to be some deeply set insecurities.
    He's insecure because he don't want his ww2 game sounding like a Beyonce concert? Don't know about that lol. As he said, if they had to do it all over again, i'm sure they would do it MUCH differently. And with that, i think he won the case.
  • TH3_R1PP3R
    238 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Bfvs main problem is the core gameplay. All the bugs, laggy servers, and no anticheat aside. The game just isnt fun to play. It's a chore. There is little to no replayability. This is coming from a guy who has several thousand hours in multiple titles in the series. I feel bf stepped away from its core style of game this time. Maps are generally more infantry focused, with far less armor. Classes are so out of balanced it's really makes only 2 viable. The ttk is too high, for the way this game is balanced wepon wise. And armor is an afterthought on most maps.
  • sabootheshaman
    1117 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @xBCxSEALxTEAMx6 for what? What case?

    I didn’t contest that. I never ever did. So he has proven nothing about the “females in the game” case.

    I think yes of course they’d do it differently. I never said otherwise.
  • SirTerrible
    1705 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sure, a couple neckbeards were triggered by the game having female characters. Hardly the community as a whole and certainly not why it sold poorly.
  • Minigun991
    132 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @xBCxSEALxTEAMx6 for what? What case?

    I didn’t contest that. I never ever did. So he has proven nothing about the “females in the game” case.

    I think yes of course they’d do it differently. I never said otherwise.

    You can object to my opinion all you want, it’s the root cause of why this game failed. That’s undeniable.

    All bugs and stuff are just filler from the actions of DICE with that terrible message.

    It’s not like the people who grew up playing WW2 games didn’t see females on the frontlines.

    I played as one in cod finest hour, and no one had a problem with it. Why? Because she was a well written sniper for the USSR.

  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1436 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Bfvs main problem is the core gameplay. All the bugs, laggy servers, and no anticheat aside. The game just isnt fun to play. It's a chore. There is little to no replayability. This is coming from a guy who has several thousand hours in multiple titles in the series. I feel bf stepped away from its core style of game this time. Maps are generally more infantry focused, with far less armor. Classes are so out of balanced it's really makes only 2 viable. The ttk is too high, for the way this game is balanced wepon wise. And armor is an afterthought on most maps.
    Right, that's the exact lane i'm in. It's the gameplay killed it. However, that's for folks who decided to even buy the game. But if the devs went a different route from the beginning, we'd probably have a much bigger base despite the dropoffs.
  • Minigun991
    132 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sure, a couple neckbeards were triggered by the game having female characters. Hardly the community as a whole and certainly not why it sold poorly.

    Ok. So the huge dislike ration on the reveal trailer, and Dice insulting their players because they wanted to turn it off, saying “should we put it over or under the white male checkbox” had nothing to do with the terrible pre order sales?

    Well, I guess that makes sense. I guess people just wanted to hate battlefield. It maybe a mystery we will never solve.
  • Minigun991
    132 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TH3_R1PP3R said:
    Bfvs main problem is the core gameplay. All the bugs, laggy servers, and no anticheat aside. The game just isnt fun to play. It's a chore. There is little to no replayability. This is coming from a guy who has several thousand hours in multiple titles in the series. I feel bf stepped away from its core style of game this time. Maps are generally more infantry focused, with far less armor. Classes are so out of balanced it's really makes only 2 viable. The ttk is too high, for the way this game is balanced wepon wise. And armor is an afterthought on most maps.

    Right, that's the exact lane i'm in. It's the gameplay killed it. However, that's for folks who decided to even buy the game. But if the devs went a different route from the beginning, we'd probably have a much bigger base despite the dropoffs.

    Honestly, if this game had the pre orders battlefield 1 did, we might already be on the Eastern front.
  • SirTerrible
    1705 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sure, a couple neckbeards were triggered by the game having female characters. Hardly the community as a whole and certainly not why it sold poorly.

    Ok. So the huge dislike ration on the reveal trailer, and Dice insulting their players because they wanted to turn it off, saying “should we put it over or under the white male checkbox” had nothing to do with the terrible pre order sales?

    Well, I guess that makes sense. I guess people just wanted to hate battlefield. It maybe a mystery we will never solve.
    You're falling for fake outrage generated by trolls and meme makers.
  • Pyr0Plazma
    376 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm gonna have to agree with Saboo here regarding your speaking on behalf of the community @Minigun991

    You are one person out of many thousands who bought the game and still enjoy it and play it as frequently as they had in previous games.

    You do not speak on my behalf either with this thread,  Females in BF has never bothered me,  And BFV is not the first Battlefield game to feature female soldiers,  BF1 also featured them albeit in a more dedicated role ( sniping ).


    Regarding lack of content,  There is new content pretty much on a weekly basis,  Them guns you're grinding for on Tides Of War?  That's "content",   Them customisation outfits..  That is also "content" in the sense that it is new and you do not currently own it just yet.

    Al-Sudan is coming soon to Conquest once all the bugs are ironed out,  Then there are a few more maps coming following that including the WW2 themed "operation metro".


    Bugs,  Well..  Bugs happen,  I gather you're not even aware that windows 10 has a bug that results in full screen applications ( games ) run with higher CPU usage which means that you get FPS drops and such,  Incidentally,  A patch for that issue will be released by Microsoft for Windows 10 at around September if insider testing goes to plan.


    Wow, where to start.

    First off, you might not be mad about females, but it angered the community enough for it to cause sales to lag behind in a huge amount. Coupled with the terrible things said by the developers.

    Second, what content? Some guns? Face paints? A faction that’s been in the game since release? Or a map ported from the campaign?

    Yeah, content is coming very quick, like a sink dripping.


    Your final point is pretty amazing. It’s like the people who use BF4 to justify BFV being in a terrible state.

    Just because something is buggy, is not a reason why BFV can do it also. Also, pole after pole, and Twitter comments show people are absolutely tired of the bugs in this game.

    So this is where the exception and the rule come into play.





    There is literally no evidence to support this. The people who claimed to not buy the game cause "wahmen" have time and again been shown to be a small yet extremely loud minority. Just because a crowd is loud doesn't mean they're large. Remember the supposed backlash/boycott attempt of Captain Marvel? That movie still went on to gross over 1 billion dollars breaking several records in the process. 

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDALuIXyjAk
  • Minigun991
    132 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Minigun991 said:


    SirTerrible wrote: »
    Sure, a couple neckbeards were triggered by the game having female characters. Hardly the community as a whole and certainly not why it sold poorly.



    Ok. So the huge dislike ration on the reveal trailer, and Dice insulting their players because they wanted to turn it off, saying “should we put it over or under the white male checkbox” had nothing to do with the terrible pre order sales?



    Well, I guess that makes sense. I guess people just wanted to hate battlefield. It maybe a mystery we will never solve.



    You're falling for fake outrage generated by trolls and meme makers.

    Please don’t do this conspiracy stuff. No woke up and decided to hate battlefield for no reason. Especially not after the outstanding success.

    DICE even took ever hashtag and tweet and put it on a screen as a way to make fun of the community who did not like it.

    I’ll give you one thing. Dice/EA did say not to buy the game, but that still after the amount of backlash.
  • Minigun991
    132 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Pyr0Plazma wrote: »
    Minigun991 said:


    LOLGotYerTags wrote: »
    I'm gonna have to agree with Saboo here regarding your speaking on behalf of the community @Minigun991



    You are one person out of many thousands who bought the game and still enjoy it and play it as frequently as they had in previous games.



    You do not speak on my behalf either with this thread,  Females in BF has never bothered me,  And BFV is not the first Battlefield game to feature female soldiers,  BF1 also featured them albeit in a more dedicated role ( sniping ).





    Regarding lack of content,  There is new content pretty much on a weekly basis,  Them guns you're grinding for on Tides Of War?  That's "content",   Them customisation outfits..  That is also "content" in the sense that it is new and you do not currently own it just yet.



    Al-Sudan is coming soon to Conquest once all the bugs are ironed out,  Then there are a few more maps coming following that including the WW2 themed "operation metro".





    Bugs,  Well..  Bugs happen,  I gather you're not even aware that windows 10 has a bug that results in full screen applications ( games ) run with higher CPU usage which means that you get FPS drops and such,  Incidentally,  A patch for that issue will be released by Microsoft for Windows 10 at around September if insider testing goes to plan.







    Wow, where to start.



    First off, you might not be mad about females, but it angered the community enough for it to cause sales to lag behind in a huge amount. Coupled with the terrible things said by the developers.



    Second, what content? Some guns? Face paints? A faction that’s been in the game since release? Or a map ported from the campaign?



    Yeah, content is coming very quick, like a sink dripping.





    Your final point is pretty amazing. It’s like the people who use BF4 to justify BFV being in a terrible state.



    Just because something is buggy, is not a reason why BFV can do it also. Also, pole after pole, and Twitter comments show people are absolutely tired of the bugs in this game.



    So this is where the exception and the rule come into play.











    There is literally no evidence to support this. The people who claimed to not buy the game cause "wahmen" have time and again been shown to be a small yet extremely loud minority. Just because a crowd is loud doesn't mean they're large. Remember the supposed backlash/boycott attempt of Captain Marvel? That movie still went on to gross over 1 billion dollars breaking several records in the process. 


    Ok, that’s great. You have some proof on what caused the pre orders to be so low.

    So....lay it on me. Cause I know people didn’t just wanna hate battlefield this year. So it must be something I didn’t see.

    What is it?

  • Minigun991
    132 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Pyr0Plazma wrote: »
    Minigun991 said:


    LOLGotYerTags wrote: »
    I'm gonna have to agree with Saboo here regarding your speaking on behalf of the community @Minigun991



    You are one person out of many thousands who bought the game and still enjoy it and play it as frequently as they had in previous games.



    You do not speak on my behalf either with this thread,  Females in BF has never bothered me,  And BFV is not the first Battlefield game to feature female soldiers,  BF1 also featured them albeit in a more dedicated role ( sniping ).





    Regarding lack of content,  There is new content pretty much on a weekly basis,  Them guns you're grinding for on Tides Of War?  That's "content",   Them customisation outfits..  That is also "content" in the sense that it is new and you do not currently own it just yet.



    Al-Sudan is coming soon to Conquest once all the bugs are ironed out,  Then there are a few more maps coming following that including the WW2 themed "operation metro".





    Bugs,  Well..  Bugs happen,  I gather you're not even aware that windows 10 has a bug that results in full screen applications ( games ) run with higher CPU usage which means that you get FPS drops and such,  Incidentally,  A patch for that issue will be released by Microsoft for Windows 10 at around September if insider testing goes to plan.







    Wow, where to start.



    First off, you might not be mad about females, but it angered the community enough for it to cause sales to lag behind in a huge amount. Coupled with the terrible things said by the developers.



    Second, what content? Some guns? Face paints? A faction that’s been in the game since release? Or a map ported from the campaign?



    Yeah, content is coming very quick, like a sink dripping.





    Your final point is pretty amazing. It’s like the people who use BF4 to justify BFV being in a terrible state.



    Just because something is buggy, is not a reason why BFV can do it also. Also, pole after pole, and Twitter comments show people are absolutely tired of the bugs in this game.



    So this is where the exception and the rule come into play.











    There is literally no evidence to support this. The people who claimed to not buy the game cause "wahmen" have time and again been shown to be a small yet extremely loud minority. Just because a crowd is loud doesn't mean they're large. Remember the supposed backlash/boycott attempt of Captain Marvel? That movie still went on to gross over 1 billion dollars breaking several records in the process. 



    So your proof is some YouTuber who leans left and has 21k subscribers, and isn’t even a battlefield you tuber.

    I lean left, and this guy is wrong.

    I’d rather go read the article about how people who dislike females in battlefield V are people who failed history.
  • SirTerrible
    1705 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Minigun991 said:


    SirTerrible wrote: »
    Sure, a couple neckbeards were triggered by the game having female characters. Hardly the community as a whole and certainly not why it sold poorly.



    Ok. So the huge dislike ration on the reveal trailer, and Dice insulting their players because they wanted to turn it off, saying “should we put it over or under the white male checkbox” had nothing to do with the terrible pre order sales?



    Well, I guess that makes sense. I guess people just wanted to hate battlefield. It maybe a mystery we will never solve.



    You're falling for fake outrage generated by trolls and meme makers.

    Please don’t do this conspiracy stuff. No woke up and decided to hate battlefield for no reason. Especially not after the outstanding success.

    DICE even took ever hashtag and tweet and put it on a screen as a way to make fun of the community who did not like it.

    I’ll give you one thing. Dice/EA did say not to buy the game, but that still after the amount of backlash.
    There is no conspiracy. The game is not good and a lot of people that played the alpha or beta knew it. Then there's those that didn't play them but heard via word of mouth that it was bad. Then there's the known lack of launch content. Those are real reasons why it didn't do as well as previous games at launch and the game continuing to be bad is keeping it from gaining any momentum.
  • sabootheshaman
    1117 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @Minigun991 the onus of proof for all this is on you as the OP making the claims.

    I think your grasp of reality and basic concepts of proof vs. opinion is fragile.

    Some would say you have got a few kangaroos loose in your top paddock.
  • Minigun991
    132 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Minigun991 said:


    SirTerrible wrote: »
    Minigun991 said:





    SirTerrible wrote: »

    Sure, a couple neckbeards were triggered by the game having female characters. Hardly the community as a whole and certainly not why it sold poorly.







    Ok. So the huge dislike ration on the reveal trailer, and Dice insulting their players because they wanted to turn it off, saying “should we put it over or under the white male checkbox” had nothing to do with the terrible pre order sales?







    Well, I guess that makes sense. I guess people just wanted to hate battlefield. It maybe a mystery we will never solve.







    You're falling for fake outrage generated by trolls and meme makers.



    Please don’t do this conspiracy stuff. No woke up and decided to hate battlefield for no reason. Especially not after the outstanding success.



    DICE even took ever hashtag and tweet and put it on a screen as a way to make fun of the community who did not like it.



    I’ll give you one thing. Dice/EA did say not to buy the game, but that still after the amount of backlash.



    There is no conspiracy. The game is not good and a lot of people that played the alpha or beta knew it. Then there's those that didn't play them but heard via word of mouth that it was bad. Then there's the known lack of launch content. Those are real reasons why it didn't do as well as previous games at launch and the game continuing to be bad is keeping it from gaining any momentum.

    Bud, I defended battlefield V from the start. Yes, it was from the terrible advertising. It was from the females. It was from the developers insults.

    Also, the information about the pre orders came out on August. I see posts from the 21st.

    Battlefield V’s Beta started on September 11th.

    As for the alpha, only PC player got to play it, so that’s no excuse for PS4 and Xbox owners.

    So unless you know some time travel method they use, then what you said is impossible.
  • Minigun991
    132 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @Minigun991 the onus of proof for all this is on you as the OP making the claims.

    I think your grasp of reality and basic concepts of proof vs. opinion is fragile.

    Some would say you have got a few kangaroos loose in your top paddock.

    Bud, you are living in your own world here. You have not proven me wrong once.

    All you did is walk in, say no yes yes no. Then disappear for a bit.

    You agree the trailer was terrible, and then call my argument a “straw man” argument. Like you accomplish something.
  • Minigun991
    132 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @Minigun991 the onus of proof for all this is on you as the OP making the claims.

    I think your grasp of reality and basic concepts of proof vs. opinion is fragile.

    Some would say you have got a few kangaroos loose in your top paddock.

    You saying “it’s straw man argument” wile also not giving any counter argument shows you like to listen to yourself to stroke your own ego.

    But that’s fine. Scroll past and do it on someone else’s posts. I don’t get your obsession with me.
  • sabootheshaman
    1117 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @Minigun99 I’m not your bud. I couldn’t think of anything worse.

    You need to learn what a straw man argument is. You haven’t countered my point of you not speaking for me on the “female” topic. You bought up other topics that we seem to be aligned on.

    I don’t like the cut of your jib. I enjoy rustling your jimmies. The fact you cannot even provide any proof for your own post I’m your own thread.

    It’s a sport to me now. You are funny.
This discussion has been closed.