Weekly BF

What players hated about battlefield V, and some suggestions to do it better.

Comments

  • ForbidRhyme
    132 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 11
    I ain't your friend, buddy.
    I ain't your buddy, pal.
    I ain't your pal, guy.
    I ain't your guy, friend.
    I ain't your friend, buddy.
    :D :D
  • Minigun991
    132 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @Minigun99 I’m not your bud. I couldn’t think of anything worse.

    You need to learn what a straw man argument is. You haven’t countered my point of you not speaking for me on the “female” topic. You bought up other topics that we seem to be aligned on.

    I don’t like the cut of your jib. I enjoy rustling your jimmies. The fact you cannot even provide any proof for your own post I’m your own thread.

    It’s a sport to me now. You are funny.

    Wow, ok. So because I used the term players, it makes you wanna know why I don’t speak for you in general?

    Take note, I used the term players, and gave examples of why a large portion of the PLAYER base dislike battlefield V.

    First off my word was plural, so that should show I wasn’t speaking to you as a person, but for the community as a whole.

    As for you, I don’t really care bud. If you didn’t mind females that’s great. But unfortunately, you’re the exception not the rule. Ether way, the world doesn’t revolve around you, and I don’t care about your motives to buy the game.

    Ether way, it’s very nice of you to come visit me every post. Thank you brother.

  • sabootheshaman
    1157 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Where’s the proof I’m the exception? @Minigun991
  • PackersDK
    771 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    There’s no doubt the trailer was massively unpopular, I think one would be in denial saying anything else. But I think it’s a stretch to attribute all the negativity the trailer got with the woman. 

    It was a coked up John Woo directed mess, laughably overboard with the action and Fortnite-ish in the customization. Alot of the ire directed against the woman was because of her arm, or lack therof. Not her gender. 

    I am in no way denying some disliked the trailer because of the woman. But to pretend it’s why the sales failed is absurde. I repeat what I said in the first post: we had just played BF1 with women in it. I simply don’t believe the sight of one on the trailer made players freak out.
    If that is the OPs claim, I’d like to hear a theory why.

    It was, in my opinion, the trailer in its entirety that failed. Spectacularly. 


  • Pyr0Plazma
    395 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Pyr0Plazma wrote: »
    Minigun991 said:


    LOLGotYerTags wrote: »
    I'm gonna have to agree with Saboo here regarding your speaking on behalf of the community @Minigun991



    You are one person out of many thousands who bought the game and still enjoy it and play it as frequently as they had in previous games.



    You do not speak on my behalf either with this thread,  Females in BF has never bothered me,  And BFV is not the first Battlefield game to feature female soldiers,  BF1 also featured them albeit in a more dedicated role ( sniping ).





    Regarding lack of content,  There is new content pretty much on a weekly basis,  Them guns you're grinding for on Tides Of War?  That's "content",   Them customisation outfits..  That is also "content" in the sense that it is new and you do not currently own it just yet.



    Al-Sudan is coming soon to Conquest once all the bugs are ironed out,  Then there are a few more maps coming following that including the WW2 themed "operation metro".





    Bugs,  Well..  Bugs happen,  I gather you're not even aware that windows 10 has a bug that results in full screen applications ( games ) run with higher CPU usage which means that you get FPS drops and such,  Incidentally,  A patch for that issue will be released by Microsoft for Windows 10 at around September if insider testing goes to plan.







    Wow, where to start.



    First off, you might not be mad about females, but it angered the community enough for it to cause sales to lag behind in a huge amount. Coupled with the terrible things said by the developers.



    Second, what content? Some guns? Face paints? A faction that’s been in the game since release? Or a map ported from the campaign?



    Yeah, content is coming very quick, like a sink dripping.





    Your final point is pretty amazing. It’s like the people who use BF4 to justify BFV being in a terrible state.



    Just because something is buggy, is not a reason why BFV can do it also. Also, pole after pole, and Twitter comments show people are absolutely tired of the bugs in this game.



    So this is where the exception and the rule come into play.











    There is literally no evidence to support this. The people who claimed to not buy the game cause "wahmen" have time and again been shown to be a small yet extremely loud minority. Just because a crowd is loud doesn't mean they're large. Remember the supposed backlash/boycott attempt of Captain Marvel? That movie still went on to gross over 1 billion dollars breaking several records in the process. 

    image


    So your proof is some YouTuber who leans left and has 21k subscribers, and isn’t even a battlefield you tuber.

    I lean left, and this guy is wrong.

    I’d rather go read the article about how people who dislike females in battlefield V are people who failed history.

    I can tell you didn't watch the video beyond 2-3 minutes. I can also tell you're definitely don't "learn left". Also if you're so sure about your "theory" then lets see some credible evidence that shows women and developer comments single handily contributed to BFV's shortcomings   
  • SirTerrible
    1710 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    PackersDK said:
    There’s no doubt the trailer was massively unpopular, I think one would be in denial saying anything else. But I think it’s a stretch to attribute all the negativity the trailer got with the woman. 

    It was a coked up John Woo directed mess, laughably overboard with the action and Fortnite-ish in the customization. Alot of the ire directed against the woman was because of her arm, or lack therof. Not her gender. 

    I am in no way denying some disliked the trailer because of the woman. But to pretend it’s why the sales failed is absurde. I repeat what I said in the first post: we had just played BF1 with women in it. I simply don’t believe the sight of one on the trailer made players freak out.
    If that is the OPs claim, I’d like to hear a theory why.

    It was, in my opinion, the trailer in its entirety that failed. Spectacularly. 


    For a series that has historically had pretty good trailers (imo anyway) the reveal trailer was pretty awful indeed. Showed virtually no real gameplay. What'd we even learn from it? That you can prone on your back and jump out windows? Lol.
  • Minigun991
    132 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    PackersDK wrote: »
    There’s no doubt the trailer was massively unpopular, I think one would be in denial saying anything else. But I think it’s a stretch to attribute all the negativity the trailer got with the woman. 

    It was a coked up John Woo directed mess, laughably overboard with the action and Fortnite-ish in the customization. Alot of the ire directed against the woman was because of her arm, or lack therof. Not her gender. 

    I am in no way denying some disliked the trailer because of the woman. But to pretend it’s why the sales failed is absurde. I repeat what I said in the first post: we had just played BF1 with women in it. I simply don’t believe the sight of one on the trailer made players freak out.
    If that is the OPs claim, I’d like to hear a theory why.

    It was, in my opinion, the trailer in its entirety that failed. Spectacularly. 



    You are right. The trailer as a whole did no favors for battlefield V.

    But you brought up females in battlefield 1. The reason the community didn’t show any backlash is because they were properly done.

    In the first battlefield V trailer, you see a female with a prosthetic arm, and she’s British. So right there that’s impossible, and pretty much saying “yeah, we are doing some politics this year.”

    But what came after did the most damage, telling players to not buy the game, and making the assumption that who doesn’t like this customization is just a white male.

    Quote- “should we put it over or under the only white male checkbox.”

    Also, like I said. Battlefield V’s preorders were down way before the beta. The article was released a month prior.

    So I can confidently say, battlefield V failed cause of its political message.
  • Minigun991
    132 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Pyr0Plazma wrote: »
    Minigun991 said:


    Pyr0Plazma wrote: »
    Minigun991 said:





    LOLGotYerTags wrote: »

    I'm gonna have to agree with Saboo here regarding your speaking on behalf of the community @Minigun991







    You are one person out of many thousands who bought the game and still enjoy it and play it as frequently as they had in previous games.







    You do not speak on my behalf either with this thread,  Females in BF has never bothered me,  And BFV is not the first Battlefield game to feature female soldiers,  BF1 also featured them albeit in a more dedicated role ( sniping ).











    Regarding lack of content,  There is new content pretty much on a weekly basis,  Them guns you're grinding for on Tides Of War?  That's "content",   Them customisation outfits..  That is also "content" in the sense that it is new and you do not currently own it just yet.







    Al-Sudan is coming soon to Conquest once all the bugs are ironed out,  Then there are a few more maps coming following that including the WW2 themed "operation metro".











    Bugs,  Well..  Bugs happen,  I gather you're not even aware that windows 10 has a bug that results in full screen applications ( games ) run with higher CPU usage which means that you get FPS drops and such,  Incidentally,  A patch for that issue will be released by Microsoft for Windows 10 at around September if insider testing goes to plan.















    Wow, where to start.







    First off, you might not be mad about females, but it angered the community enough for it to cause sales to lag behind in a huge amount. Coupled with the terrible things said by the developers.







    Second, what content? Some guns? Face paints? A faction that’s been in the game since release? Or a map ported from the campaign?







    Yeah, content is coming very quick, like a sink dripping.











    Your final point is pretty amazing. It’s like the people who use BF4 to justify BFV being in a terrible state.







    Just because something is buggy, is not a reason why BFV can do it also. Also, pole after pole, and Twitter comments show people are absolutely tired of the bugs in this game.







    So this is where the exception and the rule come into play.























    There is literally no evidence to support this. The people who claimed to not buy the game cause "wahmen" have time and again been shown to be a small yet extremely loud minority. Just because a crowd is loud doesn't mean they're large. Remember the supposed backlash/boycott attempt of Captain Marvel? That movie still went on to gross over 1 billion dollars breaking several records in the process. 









    So your proof is some YouTuber who leans left and has 21k subscribers, and isn’t even a battlefield you tuber.



    I lean left, and this guy is wrong.



    I’d rather go read the article about how people who dislike females in battlefield V are people who failed history.


    I can tell you didn't watch the video beyond 2-3 minutes. I can also tell you're definitely don't "learn left". Also if you're so sure about your "theory" then lets see some credible evidence that shows women and developer comments single handily contributed to BFV's shortcomings   

    Question. Why? He’s talking about captain marvel. Why do I care? I’ve never said “get woke go broke”

    I did say battlefield V failed and underperformed. But that’s also coming from the publisher.

    So why do I care about a channel with 21k subscribers, that’s not even a battlefield YouTuber? Or talking about battlefield as the main subject?
  • trip1ex
    4877 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I ain't your friend, buddy.
    I ain't your buddy, pal.
    I ain't your pal, guy.
    I ain't your guy, friend.
    I ain't your friend, buddy.
    :D :D
    You said it boss.
  • Trokey66
    8520 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Minigun991 wrote: »
    PackersDK wrote: »
    There’s no doubt the trailer was massively unpopular, I think one would be in denial saying anything else. But I think it’s a stretch to attribute all the negativity the trailer got with the woman. 

    It was a coked up John Woo directed mess, laughably overboard with the action and Fortnite-ish in the customization. Alot of the ire directed against the woman was because of her arm, or lack therof. Not her gender. 

    I am in no way denying some disliked the trailer because of the woman. But to pretend it’s why the sales failed is absurde. I repeat what I said in the first post: we had just played BF1 with women in it. I simply don’t believe the sight of one on the trailer made players freak out.
    If that is the OPs claim, I’d like to hear a theory why.

    It was, in my opinion, the trailer in its entirety that failed. Spectacularly. 



    You are right. The trailer as a whole did no favors for battlefield V.

    But you brought up females in battlefield 1. The reason the community didn’t show any backlash is because they were properly done.

    In the first battlefield V trailer, you see a female with a prosthetic arm, and she’s British. So right there that’s impossible, and pretty much saying “yeah, we are doing some politics this year.”

    But what came after did the most damage, telling players to not buy the game, and making the assumption that who doesn’t like this customization is just a white male.

    Quote- “should we put it over or under the only white male checkbox.”

    Also, like I said. Battlefield V’s preorders were down way before the beta. The article was released a month prior.

    So I can confidently say, battlefield V failed cause of its political message.

    If that's the case, just goes to show how many insecure, pre pubescent 12 year olds used to play Battlefield!
  • SirTerrible
    1710 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Given how important realism apparently is you'd think ARMA would be the most popular FPS on the market.
  • Minigun991
    132 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Given how important realism apparently is you'd think ARMA would be the most popular FPS on the market.

    ARMA is a PC exclusive. So there is no way for it to be more popular unless it becomes cross platform.

    Just like hell let loose.
  • Minigun991
    132 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Minigun991 wrote: »
    PackersDK wrote: »
    There’s no doubt the trailer was massively unpopular, I think one would be in denial saying anything else. But I think it’s a stretch to attribute all the negativity the trailer got with the woman. 

    It was a coked up John Woo directed mess, laughably overboard with the action and Fortnite-ish in the customization. Alot of the ire directed against the woman was because of her arm, or lack therof. Not her gender. 

    I am in no way denying some disliked the trailer because of the woman. But to pretend it’s why the sales failed is absurde. I repeat what I said in the first post: we had just played BF1 with women in it. I simply don’t believe the sight of one on the trailer made players freak out.
    If that is the OPs claim, I’d like to hear a theory why.

    It was, in my opinion, the trailer in its entirety that failed. Spectacularly. 



    You are right. The trailer as a whole did no favors for battlefield V.

    But you brought up females in battlefield 1. The reason the community didn’t show any backlash is because they were properly done.

    In the first battlefield V trailer, you see a female with a prosthetic arm, and she’s British. So right there that’s impossible, and pretty much saying “yeah, we are doing some politics this year.”

    But what came after did the most damage, telling players to not buy the game, and making the assumption that who doesn’t like this customization is just a white male.

    Quote- “should we put it over or under the only white male checkbox.”

    Also, like I said. Battlefield V’s preorders were down way before the beta. The article was released a month prior.

    So I can confidently say, battlefield V failed cause of its political message.

    If that's the case, just goes to show how many insecure, pre pubescent 12 year olds used to play Battlefield!

    No. Just people with common sense, who took their money else where, after being told to not buy it, and endured belittling statements (some racist) from the developers.
  • OskooI_007
    839 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
  • Trokey66
    8520 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Minigun991 wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Minigun991 wrote: »
    PackersDK wrote: »
    There’s no doubt the trailer was massively unpopular, I think one would be in denial saying anything else. But I think it’s a stretch to attribute all the negativity the trailer got with the woman. 

    It was a coked up John Woo directed mess, laughably overboard with the action and Fortnite-ish in the customization. Alot of the ire directed against the woman was because of her arm, or lack therof. Not her gender. 

    I am in no way denying some disliked the trailer because of the woman. But to pretend it’s why the sales failed is absurde. I repeat what I said in the first post: we had just played BF1 with women in it. I simply don’t believe the sight of one on the trailer made players freak out.
    If that is the OPs claim, I’d like to hear a theory why.

    It was, in my opinion, the trailer in its entirety that failed. Spectacularly. 



    You are right. The trailer as a whole did no favors for battlefield V.

    But you brought up females in battlefield 1. The reason the community didn’t show any backlash is because they were properly done.

    In the first battlefield V trailer, you see a female with a prosthetic arm, and she’s British. So right there that’s impossible, and pretty much saying “yeah, we are doing some politics this year.”

    But what came after did the most damage, telling players to not buy the game, and making the assumption that who doesn’t like this customization is just a white male.

    Quote- “should we put it over or under the only white male checkbox.”

    Also, like I said. Battlefield V’s preorders were down way before the beta. The article was released a month prior.

    So I can confidently say, battlefield V failed cause of its political message.

    If that's the case, just goes to show how many insecure, pre pubescent 12 year olds used to play Battlefield!

    No. Just people with common sense, who took their money else where, after being told to not buy it, and endured belittling statements (some racist) from the developers.

    Because they are insecure, pre pubescent 12 years who are threatened by girls and got upset when told to grow up.
  • Sharkbite9204
    66 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    PackersDK wrote: »
    There’s no doubt the trailer was massively unpopular, I think one would be in denial saying anything else. But I think it’s a stretch to attribute all the negativity the trailer got with the woman. 

    It was a coked up John Woo directed mess, laughably overboard with the action and Fortnite-ish in the customization. Alot of the ire directed against the woman was because of her arm, or lack therof. Not her gender. 

    I am in no way denying some disliked the trailer because of the woman. But to pretend it’s why the sales failed is absurde. I repeat what I said in the first post: we had just played BF1 with women in it. I simply don’t believe the sight of one on the trailer made players freak out.
    If that is the OPs claim, I’d like to hear a theory why.

    It was, in my opinion, the trailer in its entirety that failed. Spectacularly. 


    It's a combination of things that led to the game's poor reception.

    For some it was the bionic woman in blue face paint (I'll admit I was one of them) For others it was the entirety of the trailer and how confusing and chaotic it was.

    Later on the way DICE responded to players' criticisms also contributed to the negative reactions. Patrick Söderlund telling players that they are "uneducated" and to "accept it or don't buy it" is the prime example.

    A lot of folks called his bluff which resulted in the seemingly low pre order numbers.

    Also the entire reveal event was a complete cringe fest. I really don't know who it was at DICE that thought having Trevor Noah as the host was a good idea. Because lemme tell you... it wasn't.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13261 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    In a nutshell...

    People complained from the outset about females in bfv.

    Patrick Soderland responded with that now infamous statement "don't like it don't buy it" and thus many opted not to purchase the game.

    That's the reason for the poor sales,  there wasnt a drop off in sales when female snipers were added to bf1 so it wasnt the female characters aspect that shook the foundations of bfv to the ground.

    That is why the hashtag started doing the rounds on both the forum and on Twitter and in YouTube videos "#getwokegobroke".


    Again,  bugs happen and as software becomes ever more complex,  As do the solutions to fix said bugs becomes more complex.

    There is not a windows 10 update recently that does NOT introduce new issues to the flagship operating system.

    There was even a bug in windows 10 where files stored in "my documents" were being deleted by the update leaving many people with important files looking for data recovery software to retrieve them.

    You want to talk about bugs?  Semi invisible soldiers is an annoyance,  unapproved deletion of files is MUCH more serious imo.
  • ChickenTheTank
    439 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    OP, your whole post is very subjective, full of generalizations, and rather opinionated.

    Please don't claim to speak for others.
  • TFBisquit
    1704 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I know I hate one thing in battlefield games. The rest I can live with, as long as we have choices and are not forced to go one way.
  • MBT_Layzan
    1604 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    As a tanker, not only did I not have access to a class with gadgets, weapons etc, but I was also forced to play as a women. For me personally, I found this very jarring. 
This discussion has been closed.