Battlefield 4 Asia DDOS problem. This is a massacre, DICE please send help.

MICKY977
1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Just as the title says.

Since how Bad BFV has been performing recently, i decided to go back to BF4 for a while, and hell i couldn't even finish a match.

After doing some research, i find out that BF4 servers in Asia have been suffering srs ddos attacks for months, maybe years, 24/7. All because of 2 Chinese hackers got banned by some Asia servers, after trying to reverse the ban and failed . They decided to attack all Asia servers by ddos the hell out of them.

Thanks to the Launch from browser nature which allows server IP address can be easily found, they can just spam the join server queue and crush all existing Asia servers.

All EA/DICE needs to do is to simply remove the Join Server Button on BattleLog, but they refused to do so.

Srsly i do not want to be racism and i know i will probly get criticized to hell, but screw them all chinese, they fk up everything they touch, BF1 Hackers. BF5 Hackers. If you have ever played BF1/BF5 on Asia Servers you know what i am saying,

BF4 sorry bro, you don't even get a server to play, As an Asia player i miss the old days when all of them were walled up properly.

I know this is very much unlikely DICE will do anything to stop this, as they have "Bigger problem" on BFV. But i just wanted to bring the problem to the light.

Comments

• HATANO_KENJI
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited July 12
    In today's Battlefield 4 has been listed as "Battlefield Legacy", I think this is the best answer EA gives us, Completely ignore the best achievements for anti-cheating, From three years ago or even a long time ago, EA allowed illegal behavior of China criminals, but was unwilling to provide relevant assistance.

Just because of a [join server] button? This is a very stupid joke, For China criminals, DDoS is just a game, But for i3D.NET, the loss over the years has caused serious financial problems for them, If this company goes bankrupt, you must take responsibility!
    Post edited by HATANO_KENJI on
  • MICKY977
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 12
    In today's Battlefield 4 has been listed as "Battlefield Legacy", I think this is the best answer EA gives us, Completely ignore the best achievements for anti-cheating, From three years ago or even a long time ago, EA allowed illegal behavior of China criminals, but was unwilling to provide relevant assistance.

Just because of a [join server] button? This is a very stupid joke, For China criminals, DDoS is just a game, But for i3D.NET, the loss over the years has caused serious financial problems for them, If this company goes bankrupt, you must take responsibility!

I don't know much about DDOS attacks, i know what is it theoretically but i have no ideas how does it actually work.

One of the dude who had a BF4 server before the attacks told me the idea of removing the Join Server Button would help in a certain degree.

This is just sad to see that after all these years of support from the playerbase. even after the shitstorm we are now suffering on BFV. I don't see any improvement from DICE nor EA. After all i am just a small potato that EA/DICE won't even bother checking. But if this attitude to their loyal players keep going, i am sure it will backfire them for sure in the future, and i will be happily seeing it

Post edited by MICKY977 on
  • HATANO_KENJI
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Very simple reason, BF1 did not use Battlelog as a tool to join the server, So there is almost no problem with any DDoS attacks, But because of the reason for this button, DDoS attacks in Asia will not stop, Whose responsibility is this?
  • StarscreamUK
    7272 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited July 14
    this has been said before, if you remove battlelog, it will take just 20 seconds to get the ip and port.  Removing the join button will do nothing.
    Post edited by StarscreamUK on
This discussion has been closed.