Random motion blur?

SixTouge
155 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
I'm not sure if this is a bug or something new, but I'll occasionally get this momentary motion blur effect when playing. It seems completely random, but maybe I'm missing the cause? It's not exactly like suppression effect, more like you're about to jump to hyper space lol. Anyway, it's kind of annoying, just wondering if anyone has seen this and/or knows the cause behind it?

Comments

• ElliotLH
    7831 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah it's a bug. For whatever reason the game thinks you're doing a bayonet charge. You might also notice that nearly all of your guns show a bayonet on the HUD, even if you don't have one fitted (or possible to have one fitted). 

This screen effect can also randomly appear when you're driving a tank (I guess a plane too although it hasn't happened to me yet) and even on the redeploy screen.
  • diver2607
    46 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It happens with the plane also.
  • hangman960
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    strange bug ive noticed it lots of times
  • SixTouge
    155 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Come to think of it, I did notice a bayonet icon at one point. It's been a while since I played BF1, but that's exactly the effect I'm talking about. So odd.
  • ragnarok013
    2934 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    SixTouge said:
    I'm not sure if this is a bug or something new, but I'll occasionally get this momentary motion blur effect when playing. It seems completely random, but maybe I'm missing the cause? It's not exactly like suppression effect, more like you're about to jump to hyper space lol. Anyway, it's kind of annoying, just wondering if anyone has seen this and/or knows the cause behind it?
    SixTouge  I had that happen after the last patch and it turns out it reset my graphics settings and turned on motion blur, film grain, etc that I turned off at launch. I went back in and turned those options off and everything's back to normal for me.

• SixTouge
    SixTouge said:

SixTouge  I had that happen after the last patch and it turns out it reset my graphics settings and turned on motion blur, film grain, etc that I turned off at launch. I went back in and turned those options off and everything's back to normal for me.

Is that on Xbox though? To be honest, I've never touched any settings like that either way, I just jump on and play lol
  • ElliotLH
    7831 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    SixTouge said:
    SixTouge said:

Is that on Xbox though? To be honest, I've never touched any settings like that either way, I just jump on and play lol
    Yep, they're in the Video settings menu. I don't think that will correct the issue though as I have all of that stuff off (and have just double checked that they're all off) and I still get the blur.
  • clouseau2112
    172 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I concur with both of you as well.
    Checked my settings and all those things are turned off.
    In all actuality, it happens way too often and it's getting super annoying.

And I'm on the Xbox one x...