This Week in Battlefield V

Netcode destroys this game

Soulbreeze
357 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited July 13
I've been OK (but not happy) with the slow trickle of content. Balance isn't bad. The Netcode is a dang dumpster fire though. I've been 1 shot from full health by every gun in the game. I don't even know how to word my frustration at this point. I also can't tell you what the problem is. I don't know if it's the software the game runs, or if it's the Amazon servers, or whatever else runs in the background. All I can tell you is no Battlefield game to date has frustrated me as much as this one. No other BF game has left me with a feeling that I died to bad (software/servers) as much as this one has. I haven't played any other BF game that has left me feeling like someone is hacking (that isn't) as this one. The lack of consistency is infuriating!

Comments

• NLBartmaN
    3303 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This is also the reason why I play as much as possible with high RoF weapons, 50% of the bullits might get hit registered, so better make sure as much bullits as possible as fast as possible go into the enemy.

And all of this can be fixed by a ping limit ... or (total) removal of lag compensation in hit confirmation.
  • CaptHotah
    1090 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    its so bad. its even more frustrating knowing you have a 1gbps connection...
  • lnfaCt
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 13
    Don't you guys think it's funny getting killed 2 meters behind a wall? no? hmm... THAT is surprising...it seems the developer don't care ;)
  • GrizzGolf
    986 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I don't even get mad anymore when I get killed. Half the time Im half a clip with my SMG about 5mm away and they still wreck me with a AR. 
  • Matty101yttam
    962 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What gets me is that i understand that the enemy may be firing for a while before that 1 shot hit comes through, however there's situations this happens the moment i round a corner, like on their screen i've been there the whole time.
    There's something really funky with this bf.
  • THERAMPAGE_ci0h
    172 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Tottaly agree but on ps4 HROF weapons are broken, sometimes 9 hitmarker and no kill/ no damage but you die in one frame from a sten at 50m ... 
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    858 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    i agree with the horrible performance issues in BFV and that DICE has been treating them way to lightly since launch and that the slow content is annoying but i can live with that. i have to disagree with the overall balance in BFV though. and i even believe its the worst balance i have ever seen in a BF game.
    the class-balance itself so so horrible i am actually surprised if there are even more then 6 medics in any given lobby for the most time.... assault and support are just too powerful and versatile to really give any breathingroom for the other two classes and quite frankly their only reason for still being there are either really dedicated players.
    medic is the worst offender in my opinion. it was the only class to have only 1 category of weapons given to them at launch and even in their supposed niche the SMGs are lacking behind more often then not. gameplay wise since the carbines were introduced it has not improved at all the commando is as far as i can tell not used at all and the M28 i personally use maybe once a week if at all.... their revive animation is broken slow and more annoying then helpful. smoke works about 50% of the time if at all. its just a class DICE seems to have no interest in. it lacks versatility and a clear direction but DICE then just keeps adding to assault and support classes and gives them even more versatile and powerful stuff to play with.
    BFV has a core design problem but DICE is still so far behind i doubt these issues will ever be fixed or addressed at all. they cut too many corners trying to push the game out and it shows everywhere upon closer inspection...
  • warslag
    1452 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I wonder if the fatality animations interfere with or have an effect on the way the player feels damage?
  • BtheReaper49
    220 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Mix together on part bad netcode + one part 3x scopes + one part bad map design + one part bad visibility + one part camping and you have yourself one horrible tasting pot of soup
  • Agrioxiros
    72 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's the game engine that's responsible and is killing the series (not just V in particular).
    Unless EA suffers a stroke again, like it did with the approval of Frostbite engine and give a go for a FPS suitable engine, this will never go away.
  • NLBartmaN
    It's the game engine that's responsible and is killing the series (not just V in particular).
    Unless EA suffers a stroke again, like it did with the approval of Frostbite engine and give a go for a FPS suitable engine, this will never go away.
    Not really, it is too little servers in some regions, adding high pingers from those regions to other regions (EU servers) and Netcode that compensates so much the servers almost crash and can't keep up and crazy things start to happen.
  • Agrioxiros
    72 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN said:
    Not really, it is too little servers in some regions, adding high pingers from those regions to other regions (EU servers) and Netcode that compensates so much the servers almost crash and can't keep up and crazy things start to happen.
    Yes really. There is no such thing such netcode. Netcode is something people say and it involves anything and everything related to their interactions with the game network wise.
    The few or no servers to some regions and high pingers are a different problem.
    The first and most fundamental problem is the game engine. This story goes back to BF3.
  • NuttysKunKs
    355 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Agrioxiros wrote: »
    NLBartmaN said:

Agrioxiros said:
    It's the game engine that's responsible and is killing the series (not just V in particular).Unless EA suffers a stroke again, like it did with the approval of Frostbite engine and give a go for a FPS suitable engine, this will never go away.

Yes really. There is no such thing such netcode. Netcode is something people say and it involves anything and everything related to their interactions with the game network wise.The few or no servers to some regions and high pingers are a different problem.The first and most fundamental problem is the game engine. This story goes back to BF3.

BC2 as well!
  • NLBartmaN
    NLBartmaN said:
    Yes really. There is no such thing such netcode. Netcode is something people say and it involves anything and everything related to their interactions with the game network wise.
    The first and most fundamental problem is the game engine. This story goes back to BF3.
    Nope, not even close.

The game is totally different when your ping goes up or some high and unstable pingers join the server you are on.
    This is totally related to the part of the game that controls the data traffic between client and server.

Adding a ping limit will instantly fix a lot of bugs and hit reg issues.
    BF1 had a week of some "tweaking" of the "netcode" and the game instantly became 10 times better.
  • Agrioxiros
    NLBartmaN said:
    NLBartmaN said:
    Nope, not even close.

The game is totally different when your ping goes up or some high and unstable pingers join the server you are on.
    This is totally related to the part of the game that controls the data traffic between client and server.

Adding a ping limit will instantly fix a lot of bugs and hit reg issues.
    BF1 had a week of some "tweaking" of the "netcode" and the game instantly became 10 times better.
    Dude I don't know how old you are but pls, politely, take a hike.
    This is almost a 10-year-old issue and has been addressed by us (the players) a million times. Go watch "Battle(non)sense" youtube videos he made years ago or read very old fora and you'll find the same things written.
    The high pingers are a separate problem. They were "addressed" in BF4 with ping limiters but just because they did in one iteration doesn't mean they would do it again in another.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6777 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 14
    Not sure if it's my internet (200 mb/s) or the netcode but it seems when I ADS directly on target frequently an enemy somehow moves a metre to the right or left and throws my aim completely off. Doesn't look like ADAD and looks like teleportation. In one frame an enemy changes their position. Very very annoying
  • NLBartmaN
    edited July 14
    Agrioxiros wrote: »

Dude I don't know how old you are but pls, politely, take a hike.This is almost a 10-year-old issue and has been addressed by us (the players) a million times. Go watch "Battle(non)sense" youtube videos he made years ago or read very old fora and you'll find the same things written.The high pingers are a separate problem. They were "addressed" in BF4 with ping limiters but just because they did in one iteration doesn't mean they would do it again in another.

You take a hike.

Most of the issues in this game are "netcode" related and this is destroying the game.

The servers clearly go to trash when high pingers join them.

And even battle(non)sense says the "netcode" is trash and must be very bad on console...
    Post edited by NLBartmaN on
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Not sure if it's my internet (200 mb/s) or the netcode but it seems when I ADS directly on target frequently an enemy somehow moves a metre to the right or left and throws my aim completely off. Doesn't look like ADAD and looks like teleportation. In one frame an enemy changes their position. Very very annoying

Like this?