Cause of deaths in this game.

MOSSAD-RECRUITER
346 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
- 30% bugs
- 20% more bugs
- 20% cheaters
- 20% more cheaters
- 8% invisible players
- 1% kamikaze
- 1% skill

Comments

• Snookray83
    23 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    90% prone camper.
  • ProAssassin2003
    3714 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Snookray83 wrote: »
    90% prone camper.

The amount of Prone players in this game is staggering and the visibility is even worse. This is definitely Pronefield 5.
  • NLBartmaN
    4116 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    95% high pinger 1 frame deaths ...
  • tempo_rarity
    1221 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Because 'sense-less' running about was so popular in WWII , soldiers often disobeyed their CO's and plopped themselves down in comfy spots to (A) read a letter sent from back home (B) eat a snack sent from same home and (C) oh yeah get their gun ready just in case they have to actually fire it , 'cos , you never know when a fool will run up on ya . . .
    :lol:

. . . 

Just now in Firestorm , an explosive chased me out of my ride and I fled on foot , up over a slight ridge and then , on the next ridge - there's a bush!
    Plop! Prone In A Bush!
    'I'm' the problem though , when the chaser tops that first ridge I was just on and stands still , right there in my sights , LOOKING FOR ME .
    (actually , he killed me , but I'd already bagged a curiosity-seeker attracted by our commotion , who also stood still whilst looking for me)
    The difference?
    One debated himself too long over the thought 'He Might Be In That Bush' , and the other simply threw an Incendiary to squash all such debate . 
    Most plausible scenario then - I killed a CoD'r , just before getting killed by a BF'r . . .

I'm actually pleased if a Player wishes to call it Pronefield 5 - I think : good for them!
    It means they're recognizing a common threat and tactic in the Game and MAY adapt to it . . . or not .
    But , congrats anyway  :smile:   
  • KMAsterisk
    261 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2019
    Real cause of deaths in this game.

15% You're exposed and shot by multiple people despite you swearing you're behind cover.

5% Prone/corner camper/random place aka being tactical

5% You duck behind cover but the client/server can't maintain all the variations.

25% Player was better than you. I know, I can't believe it either.... but it happens

50% Despite all these claims about lag/hacks/hit registration/divine intervention.....maybe the aim wasn't as good as proclaimed.

Edit: Not saying all claims are not credible, that would be foolish. It's a shame this game generally does feel better for me playing West Coast (80 ping) versus (10 ping) on East Coast, depending on the number of high/variable pings in the match.
  • full951
    2468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    What about a percentage for networking not going in your favor?
  • NLBartmaN
    KMAsterisk wrote: »
    Real cause of deaths in this game.

15% You're exposed and shot by multiple people despite you swearing you're behind cover.

5% Prone/corner camper/random place aka being tactical

5% You duck behind cover but the client/server can't maintain all the variations.

25% Player was better than you. I know, I can't believe it either.... but it happens

50% Despite all these claims about lag/hacks/hit registration/divine intervention.....maybe the aim wasn't as good as proclaimed.

Edit: Not saying all claims are not credible, that would be foolish. It's a shame this game generally does feel better for me playing West Coast (80 ping) versus (10 ping) on East Coast, depending on the number of high/variable pings in the match.

You contradict yourself with the last part...
  • ProAssassin2003
    3714 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    70% of my deaths are WTF deaths. Legit WTF just happened deaths or How? The game is Broken at the Core.
  • MintySSD
    118 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    70% Communication..your squad is either full of rambos or all the squads on your side storm one objective whilst you lose the others.

Squad leaders should be able to communicate
  • Matty101yttam
    1332 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2019
    40% legit deaths
    20% spawn deaths(within 5 steps)
    10% team mates doing the worst things at the worst possible times
    10% lagged shots 

20% game making things hard

This last one needs some clarification, this includes things like:
    -running circles around people spamming the revive button trying to revive them,picking up other weapons while reviving, opening doors or getting into vehicles instead of reviving.
    -trying to peak a corner and the auto lean system keeps snapping when your to close to cover
    -small foot snags like rocks etc. (i hate this so much...since bf4 this has become so so bad). stopping movement
    -trying to vault and needing a run up first, or having objects in game that are ever so slightly off climbing height
    -bipod not working when needed / bipod working when not needed.
    -med and ammo pouches cancelling reloads when you think the reload was completed
  • ninjapenquinuk
    2063 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Would be good to have stats that not only showered your kills per weapon but also how many times you were killed by it.
  • StealthAria
    467 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Would be good to have stats that not only showered your kills per weapon but also how many times you were killed by it.
    That would just show that 75% of all deaths come from a single class because it's absurdly OP but no one wants to actually admit it and have instead turned it into a joke.
  • Player_rs688is9
    66 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Everyone just crawling around, worst playerbase ever.
  • KMAsterisk
    261 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    [

Not really. IMO the number of claims that lag comp played a part in a death versus it actually being the case is exaggerated. It happens, sure.
  • NLBartmaN
    [

Not really. IMO the number of claims that lag comp played a part in a death versus it actually being the case is exaggerated. It happens, sure.
    Not even close to exaggerated: the difference between playing on a small gamemodes with only under 40ms stable ping players and 64 players with 2 high ping or unstable players is insane.

Things like footsteps are instantly gone for 90%, players teleporting while you ADS, dying behind cover, dying before the player is even visible, 50% or more bullits you shoot into a player just not registering while being instant killed when that player turns around, etc

All these things are directly linked to poor netcode, poor servers and high/unstable ping players and cause you to die when you should not.
  • Trokey66
    8740 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    KMAsterisk said:

[

Not even close to exaggerated: the difference between playing on a small gamemodes with only under 40ms stable ping players and 64 players with 2 high ping or unstable players is insane.

Things like footsteps are instantly gone for 90%, players teleporting while you ADS, dying behind cover, dying before the player is even visible, 50% or more bullits you shoot into a player just not registering while being instant killed when that player turns around, etc

All these things are directly linked to poor netcode, poor servers and high/unstable ping players and cause you to die when you should not.

And 76.4% of all stats on here are made up!

People have a hard time if simply admitting that they are just not as good as they think they are.

Fortunately, I don't suffer from such delusions as I know I'm a bit crap so I can accept that issues are often exaggerated.
  • TFBisquit
    1927 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There is not much I can do when I'm one shotted by a sten or other weapon for that matter.
    And it's infuriating to know, that sten user wasted almost an entire clip on me.
  • NLBartmaN
    Trokey66 said:

And 76.4% of all stats on here are made up!

People have a hard time if simply admitting that they are just not as good as they think they are.

Fortunately, I don't suffer from such delusions as I know I'm a bit crap so I can accept that issues are often exaggerated.
    It is clear they are made up, since Dice/EA don't share data or change things to try to make it better (like a ping limit, lowering compensation for poor connections or removal of crap that needs client-server traffic but is less important for a good gaming experience ...)

When RSP arrives we can try it for ourself: I will instantly make a server and kick everyone with above 40ms or unstable ping and lets see how the game plays then.

But with the numbers that are available it was already calculated on this forum 60ms difference is the max for "good" and fair game experience and little stress on the servers and there are far too much players with higher than 60ms ping on EU PS4 servers, those are facts.

Also tests done by content creaters showed the BF V "netcode" is crap compared to BF1 and those tests were done on PC, with the statement that it must be an even more terrible experience to play on console with the lower tick rate and lower FPS and the current game mecahnics (too fast TTK, insane movement speed, ADAD spam, etc)

But you can give it a try yourself: start an OOR game and see what happens, you will proably be a lot less crap, so you can have the illusion you are actually not crap ... like all the high and unstable ping players have now.
  • Shadow0nTh3Sun
    128 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    MintySSD said:
    70% Communication..your squad is either full of rambos or all the squads on your side storm one objective whilst you lose the others.

Squad leaders should be able to communicate
    That's conquest in a nutshell.  Its for the masses.  Try other modes for better teamplay and a generally better pool of players who are interested in winning matches.