is it too much to ask?

X_Sunslayer_X
1458 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
i have been playing BF since BC2 but in BFV teamplay has hit an all time low. just finished a round of Devastation and 2/3 of the team were camping somewhere ore never stepping onto an objective at all. am i the bad guy here for asking too much?
i hope the next COD game is good so all the bafoons not even trying to PTFO can go back to play that game where individuality is key instead of teamplay.

i am just well over my patience-threshold. and DICE just keeps testing it 8 months in and the game is somehow worse then it was in the ALPHA

Comments

• Noodlesocks
    3631 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Only way they're going to have teamwork and squad play with pubbers is if they force that style of play. It is unfortunate that Dice Sweden seems to favour more individualistic gameplay in modern Battlefield games.
  • BaronVonGoon
    7055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2019
    Well if the devs of this new COD ever decide to include a large game mode in it akin to conquest alot of us will go play that. As crappy as COD is currently with all of its game modes being small scale, at minimum it runs better than BFV and has alot less bugs.
  • SirBobdk
    5318 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Make a cod like cod uo/2/4 and I’m in.
  • PackersDK
    897 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I agree the camping is rampant,  but why all the COD references?

I spent 8 years playing COD before buying BF1, playing mostly hardcore obj. modes. There is as much (or little) objective play in COD matches as there is in BF games, even BF1.  

• LOLGotYerTags
    14359 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited July 2019
    PackersDK said:

Mostly because COD is known for being kill focused and not really objective focused ( at least not on the scale of battlefield )

If you want mindless shooting,  COD seems to be the perfect game for it.

For communicating between your team and working together collectively as a squad,  BF has always scratched that itch for me ( and most other players too I suspect)
  • barnesalmighty2
    1624 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ackers75 wrote: »
    No team play because the game is primarily focused on kills.
    Things will change when you get less points for kills and more points for revives, med kits, ammo crates and spotting.

This logic was applied to snipers in bf4 already, no extra points for marksman headshots didn't stop all the snipers playing from range.

Nothing will stop players bloodlust playing for the epic streak, I could get no points at all for the kill but I would still try for as many as possible every game.
  • SirBobdk
    5318 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    PackersDK said:

Mostly because COD is known for being kill focused and not really objective focused ( at least not on the scale of battlefield )
    Thats what cod has become, but it used to be objective focused. 5x5 S&D in cod2 and even cod4 was a big thing even on a comp level.
  • bigiain
    384 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The assignments here really don't help, a tiny fraction of them have any teamwork objectives.

Not that I'd claim the past games were full of perfect teamwork, but it does feel like it's at an all time low now. I've had a guy spawn on me and then run away from the objective I'm capping this weekend. Play Squad conquest and it;s easy to see how allergic to getting on the flag a lot of the poorer players are.

Blaming COD actually feels old fashioned, it's much more likely to come from watching youtube where a lot of decent players focus on kills rather than teamwork and flag capping. Fine if you can go 10 and 1, not if you get single figures in kills. Battle Royale probably doesn't help either, that tactic of avoiding gunfights doesn't cross over.
  • Masqerader
    641 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Honestly right now, I have more fun playing BF2 against bots, than playing bfv period
  • PackersDK
    897 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited July 2019
    PackersDK said:

For communicating between your team and working together collectively as a squad,  BF has always scratched that itch for me ( and most other players too I suspect)
    COD has TDM, as BF has. I believe the rest of the modes are objective based, though I haven’t played the last 2-3 years. 

My point stands; both games has objective modes and in my opinion, both playerbases play this to the same extent. I certainly don’t think the difference is big enough to warrant any haughty attitude, from either side.

While it is true that the OP mentioned teamplay, and that might be more prevalent in BF, what I reacted to was “buffoons not ptfo’ing, hopefully go back to COD” remark. 

• ForbidRhyme
    184 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    PackersDK said:

What team communication? Sure, you can communicate with squadmates but the seven other squads are off doing their own thing. Battlefield will never be a team game until the entire team can actually communicate.

Whether it's through squad leads, proximity chat, or the entire team on the same channel(the latter would probably be too much), it would change the game for the better, especially with RSP coming. I've wanted to have that itch scratched for a while now, and Dice isn't doing the scratchin.
  • Shadeblast
    59 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2019
    Some of the community keep complainging that teamplay is worth humus.
    Seems like you have never seen or played in a good functioning 4 man sqaud that just shredded through objectives in breakthrough.
    Teamplay is really rewarding in offensive play and will bring Sieg(! aka. Victory) to the team that has better squad mentality.
    For some reason there are a lot less players willing to play medic in BFV. Can't understand why, but that's how I perceive it.
    Sure, camping with an MMG and aiming an angle is easy, but smokes and teamplay will wreck your face mate.
  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    857 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    PackersDK said:

Would it be possible to develop a matchmaking system based on objectives capped/defended, heals/revives, resupply/repair, spotting etc?

I imagine it would be way too much work for the Dev's at the moment, but has no other BF title had this? It seem's a fairly obvious thing to implement.
  • Shadeblast
    59 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    55567900 said:
    Some of the community keep complainging that teamplay is worth humus.
    Seems like you have never seen or played in a good functioning 4 man sqaud that just shredded through objectives in breakthrough.
    Teamplay is really rewarding in offensive play and will bring Sieg(! aka. Victory) to the team that has better squad mentality.
    For some reason there are a lot less players willing to play medic in BFV. Can't understand why, but that's how I perceive it.
    Sure, camping with an MMG and aiming an angle is easy, but smokes and teamplay will wreck your face mate.
    omg man you can't understand why?

it is because the current game modes encourage belly camping. There is no place for a medic, only in classic domination, which has been removed.

In which horrible state would a game have to be, to make offensive play while rubbing myself over the floor be any more effective than smoking and running forward?
    You can't win Conquest with just camping. You can't win Breakthrough as attacker with just camping.
    If YOU do. That means the other are actually doing the work a normal assault and medic are supposed to to.
    Truth said: Medics are not as well placed in a good functioning squad who revive each other and engage together. While one is alive, they all could come back with full health. But Medics offer the most control over sight in the whole game and make advancing a LOT easier?
    Heard people complaining about how bad some maps are? That's because they are designed to require more than just running over an open field.
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    1458 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    PackersDK said:
    PackersDK said:

COD has TDM, as BF has. I believe the rest of the modes are objective based, though I haven’t played the last 2-3 years. 

My point stands; both games has objective modes and in my opinion, both playerbases play this to the same extent. I certainly don’t think the difference is big enough to warrant any haughty attitude, from either side.

While it is true that the OP mentioned teamplay, and that might be more prevalent in BF, what I reacted to was “buffoons not ptfo’ing, hopefully go back to COD” remark. 

i chose these words partly to vent my absolute annoyance towards the players who care more about cheap kills then winning a game.
    and i do believe even if COD has modes that reward teamplay at the end of the day COD is mostly a kill-driven game i.E they reword killing and high streaks with bonuses like air-strikes etc.
    i couldn't care less if i go 5-20 but still somehow end up pushing the team to victory but nowadays i die so often due to team-mates who dont defend my back as medic. medic like no other class is dependent on decent team-mates. the SMGs are only meh in CQC and anything else is a elongated suicide. but if i go in to revive 3 mates the least i can expect from 3 supports behind me is to cover my back but then again i apparently ask to much.
    different example we hold 4/5 flags and all of the sudden we start loosing 3/4 flags and almost no one goes to defend or at least try to contest the flags we a re currently loosing instead rushing the last flag and hoping for a quick base-¯\_(ツ)_/¯... FFS i have had scores as a medic where i reach 20k and the 2nd in my team just barley reaches 10k but has 18-1 KD and complains that no one play the objective as a recon half a map away from the nearest flag....

• GRAW2ROBZ
    2635 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well if the devs of this new COD ever decide to include a large game mode in it akin to conquest alot of us will go play that. As crappy as COD is currently with all of its game modes being small scale, at minimum it runs better than BFV and has alot less bugs.
    COD4 remastered for XBOX1 is a nice gem.  Prop hunt is good for a few laughs.
  • ZombieGent
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    There is always a few snipers that just sit back and snipe, this has been in every BF from what i remember