Please bring back suppression. The game is being exploited by "Super Snipers" etc 😂😂😂

Comments

• Zviko0
    1519 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Imo, suppression shouldn't be a mechanic in the game. It should be exactly what it is, suppressing an enemy, force them to take cover. The problem is, there's no real punishment for that enemy if he doesn't take cover. With that I don't mean screw over his aim even if not hit. But he certainly shouldn't be able to aim as usual if he does get hit. If a sniper for example is good enough with his head shots, he doesn't care about suppressive fire because he can still win the trade, by simply killing you even though he gets hit 3 times with a MG.
  • Venomenal1
    284 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Suppression is bad as it awards players who can't aim well. The removal of that mechanic is probably the best feature of BFV.
    rubbish, it works well and makes complete sense. It's worked well in other battlefield games and is realistic. If I'm laying down lead at someone they should be "thrown off" if I've engaged them, and if they find the right gap to 're engage me then I should be "thrown off" with my aim or vision. 

I think it's been left out to possibly speed up the game or for people who cannot handle being suppressed or both.
  • Venomenal1
    284 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Suppression was never a realistic thing, tbh. Just because someone is stray shooting at me doesn't magically make my aiming go haywire. I should be afraid to shoot back, yes, but this is a game when you can just respawn so no one will care.

There are a lot of problems in BFV that's caused by the realistic idea already, suppression is the last thing i would ever want.
    download hard line and see how well suppression worked in that game.
  • Venomenal1
    CH1R0N83 said:
    I’m not sure about suppression, but I do think we need some kind of flinching for when players actually take damage. The way that snipers can casually line up headshots WHILE BEING SHOT is ridiculous and easily one of my biggest bugbears in the game.
    Totally Spot On👍👍👍
  • Venomenal1
    edited July 15
    Isn't there already an aim penalty or something if you shoot while being shot at? I thought I read that in an explanation somewhere.
    If so I need to find that. It's crazy how you can be shooting at a sniper first then he turns around from what ever distance and 1 or 2 shots from him and its game over.
    Let me add that when I'm that sniper(and I win) it really doesn't feel like it was a fair fight.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5310 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Suppression is bad as it awards players who can't aim well. The removal of that mechanic is probably the best feature of BFV.
    rubbish, it works well and makes complete sense. It's worked well in other battlefield games and is realistic. If I'm laying down lead at someone they should be "thrown off" if I've engaged them, and if they find the right gap to 're engage me then I should be "thrown off" with my aim or vision. 

I think it's been left out to possibly speed up the game or for people who cannot handle being suppressed or both.
    No, it has never worked. If you can't aim your weapon and kill an enemy, you absolutely should be punished by him for that. Suppression is nothing but one gigantic bs and I'm glad it's gone. Only bad players gained an advantage by "using" suppression.
  • Venomenal1
    edited July 16

No, it has never worked. If you can't aim your weapon and kill an enemy, you absolutely should be punished by him for that. Suppression is nothing but one gigantic bs and I'm glad it's gone. Only bad players gained an advantage by "using" suppression.
    again rubbish. It worked fine in other games, many people agree. You must be an Aim God, Especially in a flawed game like BFV. I'm sure it'll be back in some form or other.

Just seen your stats, you play on pc so aim is super easy and you play mostly sniper so it makes sense that you say what you say. Sigh.
    Post edited by Venomenal1 on
  • GenCuster
    55 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 16
    CH1R0N83 said:
    I’m not sure about suppression, but I do think we need some kind of flinching for when players actually take damage. The way that snipers can casually line up headshots WHILE BEING SHOT is ridiculous and easily one of my biggest bugbears in the game.
    Totally Spot On👍👍👍

Remember though that currently many of these "fantastic" snipers,
     that under suppression they are able to do "headshoot" while they run,
    they are using some little help that they haven't been able to eliminate yet. (A.C?????????)
    and I'm always more than you think ........

• Venomenal1
    GenCuster said:
    CH1R0N83 said:
    Totally Spot On👍👍👍

Remember, however, that many of these "fantastic" snipers who are able to "headshoot" while running, are currently using some little help that they have not yet been able to eliminate (AC ?????????), and are always more than you think ........

I know right 😂😂😂
  • Hawxxeye
    5174 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 16
    instead of suppression I would rather there being some effect on your aiming control and or ability to move fast if you get injured, the more injured the harder to control/move quickly.
    Vehicles already have it so why not do the same for soldiers and make it fair?
  • Venomenal1
    edited July 16
    Hawxxeye said:
    instead of suppression I would rather there being some effect on your aiming control and or ability to move fast if you get injured, the more injured the harder to control/move quickly.
    Vehicles already have it so why not do the same for soldiers and make it fair?
    Very Well Put. Yes, Vehicles do have suppression, you are right. Foot soldiers MUST Have some form of Suppression as well. 👍👍👍
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5310 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

again rubbish. It worked fine in other games, many people agree. You must be an Aim God, Especially in a flawed game like BFV. I'm sure it'll be back in some form or other.

Just seen your stats, you play on pc so aim is super easy and you play mostly sniper so it makes sense that you say what you say. Sigh.
    I'm saying what I'm saying only because punishing people who can aim well makes no damn sense. And blaming your shotcomings on the game and not yourself is also weird. 
    Also you might be delusional if you think you can stay prone with MMG and spam all across the map without being punished for that. 
    Get better at the game, that's the only advise I can provide.
  • Venomenal1

I'm saying what I'm saying only because punishing people who can aim well makes no damn sense. And blaming your shotcomings on the game and not yourself is also weird. 
    Also you might be delusional if you think you can stay prone with MMG and spam all across the map without being punished for that. 
    Get better at the game, that's the only advise I can provide.
    You talk so much Crap, go spend your days on pc with your little mouse and snipe your days away. You have no clue about how the better battlefields worked. Wasting my time.
  • GrizzGolf
    927 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Im good without it ever coming back 
  • sabootheshaman
    1015 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Grabs popcorn.
    🍿
  • Venomenal1
    edited July 16
    I loved how in bf3 a gunner in a chopper hundreds of meters away would be pelting around you and the suppression was so immersive. The way another soldier would lay down fire and your vision blurs for that instant. BFH had good suppression as well. It was rock paper scissors effect depending on the weapon you had. 

Fast forward BFV, snipers soak up bullets (EVEN taking a headshot) and the mud or dirt doesn't affect them or the sound of gunfire whizzing by and they just let their little cursor fall neatly on the enemies head and "pop", next. I'm just so good at this game, other players just cannot aim to save their lives. SMH.

Post edited by Venomenal1 on
  • y_j_es_i
    1312 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 16
    I think the best system would be for suppression to inflict 25-50% of BFI’s accuracy penalty without spotting them and gave them a bit of vignette.
    Or if it put a placemarker where they’re standing at the moment they’re spotted which disappeared after a second so your teammates could see where they are but couldn't use the Dorito dot to land shots

Getting shot also needs to inflict more flinch

And for the love of god they need to bring back BFI’s movement momentum
  • Hawxxeye
    5174 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    What I do not like in suppression is how it works by missing instead of hitting.
    What I said  earlier was that I would prefer to have the systemic damage of the vehicles brought over to infantry. Leg injury, arm injury etc.

• ninjapenquinuk
    1761 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    We need some sort of suppression which is better than the current system which other than spotting is non existent.  IMO Suppression should only happen when under sustained fire at range from LMGs and MMGs not from a single SMG round. We dont need the random bullet rubbish from BF1 but we do need something along the lines of slower ADS time and increased weapon sway - which is again pretty much non existent in BFV (does anyone actually 'hold their breath' when sniping!) At the moment all weapons with scopes are too fast and easy to ADS and acquire targets anyway, especially standing up with a x 6 scope (not saying its easy to hit said target).

"But it rewards missing" - i kind of half go with that - not all LMGs are lasers at range, and the lower mag ones can easily run dry before landing the required rounds, and any suppression mechanic should go hand in hand with an accuracy nerf for the LMGs/MMGs. 

"But supports shouldnt be dueling with snipers at long range" - are from mostly the same people demanding that BAs should have a short range sweet spot and be better in CQ - go figure