Please bring back suppression. The game is being exploited by "Super Snipers" etc 😂😂😂

Comments

• sabootheshaman
    1015 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You can’t scream for realism in one part of the game without having people push for it in others @Venomenal1

I think visual suppression needs to be added. I don’t know about adding more than that though.
  • xKusagamix
    896 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    llPhantom_Limbll said:
    Suppression is bad as it awards players who can't aim well. The removal of that mechanic is probably the best feature of BFV.

I love being shot at 50m+ when playing as a medic... might as well let go of my controller because I have no means in running away from that... (and no... smokes take time to deploy or explode)

xKusagamix said:
    Suppression was never a realistic thing, tbh. Just because someone is stray shooting at me doesn't magically make my aiming go haywire. I should be afraid to shoot back, yes, but this is a game when you can just respawn so no one will care.

There are a lot of problems in BFV that's caused by the realistic idea already, suppression is the last thing i would ever want.

riiigt... ask any soldier if they would stay on top of a hill aiming/shooting with their gun while being shot at.... suppression is a realistic thing... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suppressive_fire
    the fact that recons and assuaults can continue shooting with their laserbeam guns even when hit by a bullet is ridiculous
    I'm sorry if you got my point wrong, but while "Suppression fire" is a real thing, as i said it wont just magically make your "aiming" go haywire, you'll be afraid to take your time aiming and mostly will just hipfire or firing in cover at the general direction when the rounds coming from, but when you did aim, your bullet will go at what you point, not just 50m left/right/up/down randomly away from your aim sight. That's totally difference things and that's the thing i'm totally against. Not that i go against Suppression fire, but the ridiculous bullet deviation of Battlefield's Suppression effect is not fun nor realistic.
  • Venomenal1
    284 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You can’t scream for realism in one part of the game without having people push for it in others @Venomenal1

I think visual suppression needs to be added. I don’t know about adding more than that though.
    look at the debris in explosions and water that splashes on your screen, if they can add that, then the gun play is a HUGE Must have as well with suppression.
  • Hawxxeye
    5149 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    Trokey66 said:
    Whilst in danger of going slightly of topic but to maintain a balanced discussion......

I think T Bagging is hilarious and do it at every opportunity! 👍

I wish I could Thanos snap the soldiers of those who T-bag...The one good thing in BFV is that the killcam is so bad that people do not bother to T-bag

I deliver the Lipton frequently.
    the killcam is so bad that the other guy probably does not even know
  • sabootheshaman
    1015 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    sabootheshaman said:

Trokey66 said:

Whilst in danger of going slightly of topic but to maintain a balanced discussion......

I wish I could Thanos snap the soldiers of those who T-bag...The one good thing in BFV is that the killcam is so bad that people do not bother to T-bag

Oh, only on the body waiting for a revive and for a prolonged time. I enjoy an up close and personal play style.
  • Venomenal1
    284 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 16
    Hawxxeye said:
    Trokey66 said:

the killcam is shocking in this game. I just don't get how DICE has gotten things wrong in their latest addition that worked in other games of theirs. It's beyond me.
    I can only think/guess their better developers have moved on elsewhere, I don't know.
  • ViolationofDerp
    98 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The realism argument is ridiculous, oh while were at it, shouldn't we also get weapon jamming? Wouldn't that be more realistic? Also no more HUD thats unrealistic.. Conquest mode? Taking flags on an actual Battlefield, why would you do that? Cancel it, so unrealistic!
    Battlefield is not a war simulation, therefore demanding gameplay features for said reason is just not valid. If you want realism there are plenty of other games.  IMHO removing suppression and random bullet deviation was one of the best decisions made for BF5.
  • Hawxxeye
    5149 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The realism argument is ridiculous, oh while were at it, shouldn't we also get weapon jamming? Wouldn't that be more realistic? Also no more HUD thats unrealistic.. Conquest mode? Taking flags on an actual Battlefield, why would you do that? Cancel it, so unrealistic!
    Battlefield is not a war simulation, therefore demanding gameplay features for said reason is just not valid. If you want realism there are plenty of other games.  IMHO removing suppression and random bullet deviation was one of the best decisions made for BF5.
    it is true that the most important argument we should be having is if something makes the game fun rather realistic. Sometimes these go together (soldier movement) but not always.
  • Hawxxeye
    ViolationofDerp said:
    The realism argument is ridiculous, oh while were at it, shouldn't we also get weapon jamming? Wouldn't that be more realistic? Also no more HUD thats unrealistic.. Conquest mode? Taking flags on an actual Battlefield, why would you do that? Cancel it, so unrealistic!Battlefield is not a war simulation, therefore demanding gameplay features for said reason is just not valid. If you want realism there are plenty of other games.  IMHO removing suppression and random bullet deviation was one of the best decisions made for BF5.

it is true that the most important argument we should be having is if something makes the game fun rather realistic. Sometimes these go together (soldier movement) but not always.
    It's just sad that how much Battlefield game could be if they didn't try so much to make this game look and play like a Sim game...

How much epic and fun previous games with such unrealistic things, like C4 Launch, Jihad Jeep, Renderzook, Destroy a plane with a flying tank.... So much good laughing materials that are lost in in BF1 and then the even more try hard BFV.
    Dammit I cannot upvote multiple times
  • Venomenal1
    why don't they just include bullet proof unicorns and little bomber dwarfs while they at it?
    You know what they say about opinions right? Hahahahahaha yep you got it 😂😂😂
  • ElliotLH
    7709 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ViolationofDerp said:
    The realism argument is ridiculous, oh while were at it, shouldn't we also get weapon jamming? Wouldn't that be more realistic? Also no more HUD thats unrealistic.. Conquest mode? Taking flags on an actual Battlefield, why would you do that? Cancel it, so unrealistic!Battlefield is not a war simulation, therefore demanding gameplay features for said reason is just not valid. If you want realism there are plenty of other games.  IMHO removing suppression and random bullet deviation was one of the best decisions made for BF5.

It's just sad that how much Battlefield game could be if they didn't try so much to make this game look and play like a Sim game...

How much epic and fun previous games with such unrealistic things, like C4 Launch, Jihad Jeep, Renderzook, Destroy a plane with a flying tank.... So much good laughing materials that are lost in in BF1 and then the even more try hard BFV.
    Plus syringe and repair tool kills.

At least you can still launch a tank in to the air to kill a plane or get it on top of the Aerodrome hanger.
  • ViolationofDerp
    98 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    why don't they just include bullet proof unicorns and little bomber dwarfs while they at it?
    You know what they say about opinions right? Hahahahahaha yep you got it 😂😂😂
    You misconceived my message, I was talking specifically about gameplay features. Ofc i want the game to look realistic as well.
  • VincentNZ
    2574 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The effects of suppression were always greatly overestimated, especially in BF3. People never understood how it really worked, and how it affected their gameplay. Most engagements are decided before even one round is fired, so suppression will have no effect at all. Secondly it needed around 20 bullets to fully suppress an opponent with no modificators applied. With the perk this would go up to 40 rounds to fully suppress.
    Plus of course there was always base spread and spread increase and this affected all players alike, as did suppression itself when in a duel, so it was also never a crutch, especially when you look at the average accuracies of the players which ranged from 15-25% for automatic weapons. That means "good" players hit 1 shot in 10 more at most.
    As for the current game, I doubt it would make much of a difference, unless for really long ranges, as there is not spread increase.
  • Venomenal1
    ElliotLH said:
    ViolationofDerp said:

At least you can still launch a tank in to the air to kill a plane or get it on top of the Aerodrome hanger.

I saw someone today drive their tank up the side of the hangar on Aerodome and make it to the top.
  • ElliotLH
    7709 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 16
    Venomenal1 wrote: »
    ElliotLH said:

xKusagamix said:

ViolationofDerp said:

I saw someone today drive their tank up the side of the hangar on Aerodome and make it to the top.

That's really interesting. I'd seen screenshots of tanks up there where they'd used friendly AT mines with dynamite to launch themselves but if you can just drive...

Will need to fiddle with this.

*Edit: “Look at me, Ma! I'm at the top of the world!”

U2vm27P.jpg

And no doubt reported too...
    Post edited by ElliotLH on
  • y_j_es_i
    1280 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 17
    Trokey66 wrote: »

T bagging’s not realistic so it shouldn’t be in the game
    Post edited by y_j_es_i on
  • MatthewSkeet
    382 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    The effects of suppression were always greatly overestimated, especially in BF3. People never understood how it really worked, and how it affected their gameplay. Most engagements are decided before even one round is fired, so suppression will have no effect at all. Secondly it needed around 20 bullets to fully suppress an opponent with no modificators applied. With the perk this would go up to 40 rounds to fully suppress.Plus of course there was always base spread and spread increase and this affected all players alike, as did suppression itself when in a duel, so it was also never a crutch, especially when you look at the average accuracies of the players which ranged from 15-25% for automatic weapons. That means "good" players hit 1 shot in 10 more at most.
    As for the current game, I doubt it would make much of a difference, unless for really long ranges, as there is not spread increase.

I've read only few sentences....
    Most encounters can be prevented with suppression
  • TacticulBacon
    301 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Please don't, removal of suppression was one of the few good things about BF5.
    People think its realistic to have infallible mouse X to Y accuracy in real life (with their arms and nerves and breathing and heartrate and mind while under fire)

But as the same time, they think that stuff messing up their l33t-aim because of realistic factors is not realistic. 

Gamers against suppression are a strange irrational bunch, not willing to adapt to realistic firefight tactics. 

No one here is bringing up realism. You're talking about adding this "realistic mechanic" to a game that's not meant to be realistic in the first place. Suppression is a bad mechanic because it rewards players for having bad aim and punishes other players for being shot at, not because it's unrealistic. 

On the subject of realism, you could also argue that it's not realistic to be able to sprint across the map in full gear without having to stop, or to be able to instantly regen health by picking up a medpack. We don't argue about these things because if they did behave realistically then the game would be a chore to play. Advocating for realism in a battlefield game at the detriment of gameplay is and has always been a terrible argument.
  • VincentNZ
    2574 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    The effects of suppression were always greatly overestimated, especially in BF3. People never understood how it really worked, and how it affected their gameplay. Most engagements are decided before even one round is fired, so suppression will have no effect at all. Secondly it needed around 20 bullets to fully suppress an opponent with no modificators applied. With the perk this would go up to 40 rounds to fully suppress.Plus of course there was always base spread and spread increase and this affected all players alike, as did suppression itself when in a duel, so it was also never a crutch, especially when you look at the average accuracies of the players which ranged from 15-25% for automatic weapons. That means "good" players hit 1 shot in 10 more at most.

I've read only few sentences....
    Most encounters can be prevented with suppression

Rarely, I daresay. As said, it took between 20ish to 40 bullets to become fully suppressed. In order to really prevent an encounter you would have needed to know that an enemy was within a 2m sphere from the point you are shooting at. And you would need to be sure that the guy wants to break out and aim at you. All the while you are suffering from ammo depletion and increased spread, while not being able to confirm if he is suppressed at all. He might pop out the corner and has a good chance of killing you.
    However, yes continuous firing can sometimes prevent a guy from coming back, so you can get into cover yourself. This is suppression in it's purest form, but independent of the effects it has on other players. Most engagements I would say are not duels, but ambushes, where players meet each other in not a balanced matter, and these are over within 15 bullets or so, so suppression has little effect there comparatively.
    @TacticulBacon Suppression does not reward bad aim and punishes nobody. As I elaborated earlier average accuracy with automatics range between 15-25%. That is not a lot, but 1 hit in 10 more. Again most engagements were decided before a round was even fired and nobody ever died because suppression made him miss more.