This Week in Battlefield V

Please bring back suppression. The game is being exploited by "Super Snipers" etc 😂😂😂

Comments

  • Trokey66
    8361 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Please don't, removal of suppression was one of the few good things about BF5.
    TheyHaveScissors said:People think its realistic to have infallible mouse X to Y accuracy in real life (with their arms and nerves and breathing and heartrate and mind while under fire)
    But as the same time, they think that stuff messing up their l33t-aim because of realistic factors is not realistic. 

    Gamers against suppression are a strange irrational bunch, not willing to adapt to realistic firefight tactics. 

    No one here is bringing up realism. You're talking about adding this "realistic mechanic" to a game that's not meant to be realistic in the first place. Suppression is a bad mechanic because it rewards players for having bad aim and punishes other players for being shot at, not because it's unrealistic. 

    On the subject of realism, you could also argue that it's not realistic to be able to sprint across the map in full gear without having to stop, or to be able to instantly regen health by picking up a medpack. We don't argue about these things because if they did behave realistically then the game would be a chore to play. Advocating for realism in a battlefield game at the detriment of gameplay is and has always been a terrible argument.

    See my earlier post on the subject of 'bad aim' (NOTE: I forgot to mention 'missing on purpose' to deliberately suppress a hiding enemy).

    They only 'reward' is to possibly, not die.
  • LinkZeppeloyd
    790 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Suppression and 3d spotting need to be fully removed. Im fine with spotting from gadgets meant for spotting, like scope, plane camera etc.

    But get rid of magic spotting like hitting w/machine gune fire = spotted.

    Having said that, they need to make good graphics with non-mandatory blur fake AA. BFV has atrociously bad graphics. Remove 3d spotting from BF1 and no one would even care because it’s beautiful, crisp, you can actually “spot” with your “eyes” simply by “seeing things.”
  • SirTerrible
    1701 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I feel like the only ones against this are the ones who truly think they should be able to shoot straight even while being shot(at).

    Such a notion is completely ridiculous.

    There's absolutely no way a person would be able to stay on target with bullets flying all around, and sometimes hitting them.

    Someone please give an actual valid reason why you shouldn't suffer accuracy penalties when under fire or being hit with rounds.

    Something besides "I'm a sniper and don't want penalties," which is what I'm seeing alot of in this thread.
    It's more fun when you control where your bullets land than when the game decides for you. Basing game mechanics around fun instead of realism is... fun?
  • VincentNZ
    2885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I feel like the only ones against this are the ones who truly think they should be able to shoot straight even while being shot(at).

    Such a notion is completely ridiculous.

    There's absolutely no way a person would be able to stay on target with bullets flying all around, and sometimes hitting them.

    Someone please give an actual valid reason why you shouldn't suffer accuracy penalties when under fire or being hit with rounds.

    Something besides "I'm a sniper and don't want penalties," which is what I'm seeing alot of in this thread.
    It's more fun when you control where your bullets land than when the game decides for you. Basing game mechanics around fun instead of realism is... fun?

    Yeah well, but suppression never had a strong effect on you accuracy at all, as I explained so often in this forum. That whole "my bullet leaves the barrel at a 45° angle"-sentiment is nonsense and has always been. People simply never understood the rather intuitive gunplay mechanics and just parroted the stuff they saw somewhere on the net, let alone that they analyzed their own gameplay.
    What played a way larger role for accuracy was spread in the form of base spread (min spread), base spread moving, hipfire spread, maximum spread, spread decrease, and, most importantly, spread increase per shot (SIPS). Now if you, for example, insist on moving when shooting a BA that has a moving spread of 1.5° and complain that you are missing your target, then the fault is on the player for lacking basic trigonometry skills.
    And the same parrots now talk, that the game is much more skilled now where you have three different recoil mechanics put on top of each other (four with Vrec), that are indistinguishable from one another and that you can always control where your bullets land (you as in, the general players, not you yourself). And that is wrong, firstly because there is still spread in this game and each weapon class is affected differently. Secondly the thought of being able to have any more control in a gun that jitters absolutely random with no clear pattern than in another gun that has built-in inaccuracy that is counterable by simply bursting is ridiculous.
  • SwolasaurusFlex
    78 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Suppression with this current "netcode" and pseudo-HC damage system would be even more frustrating than how the game already is. 90% of the time you feel like you die in 1 hit anyway, so what would suppression achieve? To smear your screen for a split second before you die anyway? lmao. It worked well in BF4 because you didn't feel like you got downed in 1 hit no matter what weapon you were facing, so engagements gave you a little more leg room to work with. This is pretty much a wide open version of COD hardcore mode where high ROF weapons always do better than anything else. Battlefield always had that issue.
  • LinkZeppeloyd
    790 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    rock1obsta wrote: »
    I feel like the only ones against this are the ones who truly think they should be able to shoot straight even while being shot(at).

    Such a notion is completely ridiculous.

    There's absolutely no way a person would be able to stay on target with bullets flying all around, and sometimes hitting them.

    Someone please give an actual valid reason why you shouldn't suffer accuracy penalties when under fire or being hit with rounds.

    Ok.

    1) Im fine with accuracy penalties if you actually get hit. Because you got hit.

    2) Im not fine with casting magic spells which make enemy bullets curve and fly sideways. Oh, the skill it takes to miss!

    3) There is no way to translate suppression to a game, because its a game, and you’re not going to die or get hurt. People are “suppressed” IRL because they don’t want to die. There is no way to put that in a game. I’ll support suppression when the gameplay causes actual physical pain irl.
  • ForbidRhyme
    129 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 18
    I personally liked suppression for a whole trove of reasons. I like the realism it adds and also adds another dynamic to a fight. If you start getting shot at, take cover, then return fire. In short, I think it gives the game extra depth. It doesn't need to hinder your aim a lot, but a little nuance I think it would be cool. People would need to start to think more.

    But everything like the bugs else need to be fixed first. I would like to see suppression, but I would not be devastated if it never makes it into the game.

    I would rather see a squad team chat channel, or proximity chat, or something of the sorts so that entire teams could finally be on the same page with things!
  • rock1obsta
    3803 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    rock1obsta said:
    I feel like the only ones against this are the ones who truly think they should be able to shoot straight even while being shot(at).



    Such a notion is completely ridiculous.



    There's absolutely no way a person would be able to stay on target with bullets flying all around, and sometimes hitting them.



    Someone please give an actual valid reason why you shouldn't suffer accuracy penalties when under fire or being hit with rounds.



    Something besides "I'm a sniper and don't want penalties," which is what I'm seeing alot of in this thread.

    It's more fun when you control where your bullets land than when the game decides for you. Basing game mechanics around fun instead of realism is... fun?

    It certainly isn't fun for the guy landing shots, only to be one or two shot by the guy he's shooting. There needs to be more flinch or bigger accuracy penalties when bullets are within a certain distance or actually hitting you.

    It's definitely noticeable when I'm trying to shoot at someone while being shot(at).

    It's insane that there's really no negative effects on sniping as of now.
  • rock1obsta
    3803 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    rock1obsta wrote: »
    I feel like the only ones against this are the ones who truly think they should be able to shoot straight even while being shot(at).

    Such a notion is completely ridiculous.

    There's absolutely no way a person would be able to stay on target with bullets flying all around, and sometimes hitting them.

    Someone please give an actual valid reason why you shouldn't suffer accuracy penalties when under fire or being hit with rounds.

    Ok.

    1) Im fine with accuracy penalties if you actually get hit. Because you got hit.

    2) Im not fine with casting magic spells which make enemy bullets curve and fly sideways. Oh, the skill it takes to miss!

    3) There is no way to translate suppression to a game, because its a game, and you’re not going to die or get hurt. People are “suppressed” IRL because they don’t want to die. There is no way to put that in a game. I’ll support suppression when the gameplay causes actual physical pain irl.

    Magic spells? What the hell? Curving bullets? No idea where this came from.

    You shouldn't be able to stay on target with bullets flying all over. I didn't see any problems with the way it worked in BF4; as you pointed out there's no way to accurately represent true suppression, but the screen blur did it's purpose; which is to throw off your aim while being shot at.


    Obviously IRL, you'd be getting the hell out of the way. However, being a game dying doesn't really matter so you're not really serious about avoiding death.

    The screen blur at least introduced some penalty if you tried to aim while being shot at.

    It should also extend to every class. Everyone should suffer accuracy penalties under these circumstances.
  • VincentNZ
    2885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    rock1obsta said:
    I feel like the only ones against this are the ones who truly think they should be able to shoot straight even while being shot(at).



    Such a notion is completely ridiculous.



    There's absolutely no way a person would be able to stay on target with bullets flying all around, and sometimes hitting them.



    Someone please give an actual valid reason why you shouldn't suffer accuracy penalties when under fire or being hit with rounds.



    Something besides "I'm a sniper and don't want penalties," which is what I'm seeing alot of in this thread.

    It's more fun when you control where your bullets land than when the game decides for you. Basing game mechanics around fun instead of realism is... fun?

    It certainly isn't fun for the guy landing shots, only to be one or two shot by the guy he's shooting. There needs to be more flinch or bigger accuracy penalties when bullets are within a certain distance or actually hitting you.

    It's definitely noticeable when I'm trying to shoot at someone while being shot(at).

    It's insane that there's really no negative effects on sniping as of now.

    To give some extra information: Hits in previous iterations had the same suppressive effect. Flinch is not needed since we already have enough "recoil-like" mechanics in this game. Also in the first months of BF4 suppression would increase H-Rec by a set percentage, which had a devastating effect on some weapons and was scrapped. It also had no effect on the weapon class that it was meant to counter, the BAs, which is also true for the visual only suppression.
  • CHAMMOND1992
    1128 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ said:
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    The effects of suppression were always greatly overestimated, especially in BF3. People never understood how it really worked, and how it affected their gameplay. Most engagements are decided before even one round is fired, so suppression will have no effect at all. Secondly it needed around 20 bullets to fully suppress an opponent with no modificators applied. With the perk this would go up to 40 rounds to fully suppress.Plus of course there was always base spread and spread increase and this affected all players alike, as did suppression itself when in a duel, so it was also never a crutch, especially when you look at the average accuracies of the players which ranged from 15-25% for automatic weapons. That means "good" players hit 1 shot in 10 more at most.
    As for the current game, I doubt it would make much of a difference, unless for really long ranges, as there is not spread increase.

    I've read only few sentences....
    Most encounters can be prevented with suppression

    Rarely, I daresay. As said, it took between 20ish to 40 bullets to become fully suppressed. In order to really prevent an encounter you would have needed to know that an enemy was within a 2m sphere from the point you are shooting at. And you would need to be sure that the guy wants to break out and aim at you. All the while you are suffering from ammo depletion and increased spread, while not being able to confirm if he is suppressed at all. He might pop out the corner and has a good chance of killing you.
    However, yes continuous firing can sometimes prevent a guy from coming back, so you can get into cover yourself. This is suppression in it's purest form, but independent of the effects it has on other players. Most engagements I would say are not duels, but ambushes, where players meet each other in not a balanced matter, and these are over within 15 bullets or so, so suppression has little effect there comparatively.
    .
    @TacticulBacon Suppression does not reward bad aim and punishes nobody. As I elaborated earlier average accuracy with automatics range between 15-25%. That is not a lot, but 1 hit in 10 more. Again most engagements were decided before a round was even fired and nobody ever died because suppression made him miss more.
    It does reward bad aim, although it's not its only effect. Saying it punishes nobody makes no sense when that is the entire purpose of putting anyone under suppression.

  • TFBisquit
    1625 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I totally dislike any form of blur, so happy that it's not in this game. Some bullet deviation however is eventually controllable.
    Alas, I fear they aren't even able or capable to implement such features in this game.
    They can't even make you flinch when hit, or aim thrown off when hit.
    Basic elements that would help this game enormous.
  • barnesalmighty2
    1520 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Flinch not suppression it the answer to this thread.
  • Hawxxeye
    5547 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    TFBisquit said:
    I totally dislike any form of blur, so happy that it's not in this game. Some bullet deviation however is eventually controllable.
    Alas, I fear they aren't even able or capable to implement such features in this game.
    They can't even make you flinch when hit, or aim thrown off when hit.
    Basic elements that would help this game enormous.
    The tanks and planes however flinch like crazy when hit in first person


  • SirTerrible
    1701 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Flinch is probably the worst thing CoD has going for it and we want it in Battlefield now? Please no.
  • xKusagamix
    945 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    TFBisquit said:
    I totally dislike any form of blur, so happy that it's not in this game. Some bullet deviation however is eventually controllable.

    Alas, I fear they aren't even able or capable to implement such features in this game.

    They can't even make you flinch when hit, or aim thrown off when hit.

    Basic elements that would help this game enormous.

    The tanks and planes however flinch like crazy when hit in first person

    That triple flips though, magical.
  • rock1obsta
    3803 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Flinch not suppression it the answer to this thread.

    I'd be much happier with extra flinch, but I'd take an accuracy penalty in a pinch.
  • Hawxxeye
    5547 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    TFBisquit said:
    I totally dislike any form of blur, so happy that it's not in this game. Some bullet deviation however is eventually controllable.

    Alas, I fear they aren't even able or capable to implement such features in this game.

    They can't even make you flinch when hit, or aim thrown off when hit.

    Basic elements that would help this game enormous.

    The tanks and planes however flinch like crazy when hit in first person
    image
    That triple flips though, magical.
    The secret reason behind the lady pilots is their superior gymnastics skills
  • Trokey66
    8361 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ said:

    MatthewSkeet said:


    VincentNZ wrote: »
    The effects of suppression were always greatly overestimated, especially in BF3. People never understood how it really worked, and how it affected their gameplay. Most engagements are decided before even one round is fired, so suppression will have no effect at all. Secondly it needed around 20 bullets to fully suppress an opponent with no modificators applied. With the perk this would go up to 40 rounds to fully suppress.Plus of course there was always base spread and spread increase and this affected all players alike, as did suppression itself when in a duel, so it was also never a crutch, especially when you look at the average accuracies of the players which ranged from 15-25% for automatic weapons. That means "good" players hit 1 shot in 10 more at most.

    As for the current game, I doubt it would make much of a difference, unless for really long ranges, as there is not spread increase.



    I've read only few sentences....

    Most encounters can be prevented with suppression


    Rarely, I daresay. As said, it took between 20ish to 40 bullets to become fully suppressed. In order to really prevent an encounter you would have needed to know that an enemy was within a 2m sphere from the point you are shooting at. And you would need to be sure that the guy wants to break out and aim at you. All the while you are suffering from ammo depletion and increased spread, while not being able to confirm if he is suppressed at all. He might pop out the corner and has a good chance of killing you.However, yes continuous firing can sometimes prevent a guy from coming back, so you can get into cover yourself. This is suppression in it's purest form, but independent of the effects it has on other players. Most engagements I would say are not duels, but ambushes, where players meet each other in not a balanced matter, and these are over within 15 bullets or so, so suppression has little effect there comparatively.
    .@TacticulBacon Suppression does not reward bad aim and punishes nobody. As I elaborated earlier average accuracy with automatics range between 15-25%. That is not a lot, but 1 hit in 10 more. Again most engagements were decided before a round was even fired and nobody ever died because suppression made him miss more.


    It does reward bad aim, although it's not its only effect. Saying it punishes nobody makes no sense when that is the entire purpose of putting anyone under suppression.

    And what exactly, is this 'reward'?
Sign In or Register to comment.