This Week in Battlefield V - July 15th Edition

Braddock512
1275 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
edited July 17
Let's see what's on the calendar for this week!

While this is an overview of the planned content and announcements for the week, please be aware some things may shift/move. Be sure to stay up-to-date by checking back here daily as we'll update this as things are added or shifted.

Monday, 7/15/2019

• This Week in Battlefield V - An overview of this week's news, blogs, content, and more. As items are added or shifted, this will be updated. Keep an eye on it through the week for redirect links!

• Battlefield Community Survey: July

Tuesday, 7/16/2019

• Last Chance for Weekly Mission Reward - Give the ToW Mission a final push if you haven't completed it yet. The ToW Weekly Storyline will end on Wednesday evening.

• Weekly Community Highlight – Best Only in Battlefield Moment of the Week- Hot new OIB moment coming in with a new weekly winner! Think you’ve got a winner? Send it our way on any of the Battlefield channels. Each weekly featured clip will be awarded a Best Community in the World emblem!

Wednesday, 7/17/2019

Thursday, 7/18/2019

Friday, 7/19/2019

• Weekly Debrief - Your one-stop destination for all the blogs, videos, and major news that happened in the week.

Currently, the team is preparing for Update 4.2 to come out next week. As we get closer to the release date, we'll share some confirmed fixes, tweaks, and improvements that will be coming with this update, including more details about Marita.

Post edited by Braddock512 on

Comments

• IIOFFxWHITEII
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    What a week !
  • HQGroup97
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    We saw the two new Elites animation's being revealed recently so, any chance they are comin this week? Maybe tomorrow in the armory update?
  • sabootheshaman
    1062 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So Marita is coming out before the larger versions of Al Sundan?
  • bunningsSnagz
    126 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yep
  • Marcusspinner
    253 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 16
    I couldn't care about Marita, this is Battlefield not CoD. Please get conquest Al Sundan fixed <3
  • Braddock512
    1275 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    HQGroup97 said:
    We saw the two new Elites animation's being revealed recently so, any chance they are comin this week? Maybe tomorrow in the armory update?
    They'll be dropping with the next update, with Marita. 

-Braddock512-
  • Bamsmacked
    115 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Is this next update fixing the P08 bug? 
  • Empireeart_1b3t
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    How's the level creation going? Still waiting to hop back on this game with something to actually do. (Stopped playing till the new Ranks come out or the assignment system is fixed. Don't know why i still have to leave a game just to put on some assignments (that are already bad as in repetitive, and don't go with the gun itself i.e "Get 10 headshots with a semi-auto sniper rilfe in a objective area") should just give me the ability to change at will in game.)
  • VincentNZ
    2713 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Can you tell me, why the Community Surveys of the game have been centered around the community team for the last four weeks? I just filled out the third survey with the same questions about Braddock and PartWelsh. The communication between the community team and the players is thorough, frequent and polite. Player enjoyment and current game experience have nothing to do with them, so could I please voice my opinion on the real issues BF has, like a horrible UI/UX and the communication of devs with the community team, so I politely ask to critisise these departments in the upcoming surveys?
  • n1ghtskynet
    53 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I can't wait for the next update also DICE please fix the weapon assignements they don't suit the weapon like the 30 meters kills with the MAB 38 at least add a requirement that tracks over every round so we can still grind for the skins 
    Also where is the tank body customization and the custom emblems (I saw an option that allows players to turn off the player created content)
  • TheSEkk
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Braddock and Welsh doing a great job. Take 30 seconds and give em top block 10 ratings folks.
    ETA on the ranks? Will any back credit occur for all the loyal players who have been grinding at 50 for months? (I think this is a no but a guy can dream)
    Thanks again for keeping communication lines open.
  • johnkapa1
    200 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    HQGroup97 said:
    They'll be dropping with the next update, with Marita. 

-Braddock512-
    When is that exactly? 
  • CrashCA
    1008 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

"Currently, the team is preparing for Update 4.2 to come out next week. As we get closer to the release date, we'll share some confirmed fixes, tweaks, and improvements that will be coming with this update, including more details about Marita."

A quote from original post in this thread.

• ProAssassin2003
    3321 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm convinced this will go smoothly. 🙄
  • Braddock512
    Yep. And other tweaks to the P08.

TheSEkk said:
    ETA on the ranks? Will any back credit occur for all the loyal players who have been grinding at 50 for months? (I think this is a no but a guy can dream)
    I believe the ranks will come with update 4.4 (sometime in August). 
    No, there won't be any back credit for levels. 
    Everyone will be the level they are when it goes live. If you're 10, you'll stay 10 on the grind to 11. If you're 50, you'll be grinding to 51. 

-Braddock512-
  • jroggs
    305 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    What's the current ETA on Al Sundan's larger modes? It was supposed to be mid-July last I heard, but here we are...
  • ChickenTheTank
    271 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 17
    Bamsmacked said:

Yep. And other tweaks to the P08.

TheSEkk said:

I believe the ranks will come with update 4.4 (sometime in August). 
    No, there won't be any back credit for levels. 
    Everyone will be the level they are when it goes live. If you're 10, you'll stay 10 on the grind to 11. If you're 50, you'll be grinding to 51. 

-Braddock512-

Not ideal, but I'm still excited to start ranking up again :) I was a pretty darn high level in 3 and 4, and I'm excited to sp the same in 5 :)
  • ChickenTheTank
    271 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @Braddock512
    Sorry to ask about it again, but do we have any news on duos besides "maybe a weekend or two in chapter 4"?

Specifically, have you heard the dev team discuss seeing how it's matchmaking times trend now that there are new firestorm matchmaking protocols in place, compared to when duos was running?
  • SonimXXX
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    All i really need to know is when will the hardcore mode appear in BFV ???
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1456 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Every week I check to see if Frontlines is coming back for good and every week I am disappointed!  :p