Tank combat should be fixed

LINKERBLOX
43 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Ok, so it takes 3 8.8 cm shells to destroy a Half track, that... Doesnt make sense, so i have some ideas for tanks:
1.Nerf HE SHELL resistance of : light tanks, AA tanks, jeeps, half tracks
2. Make tank shells lose a bit of damage when flying long distances (to the point that it does no damage)
3. Rangefinder , a feature that helps you fight at long distances (dice should decide themselves how it will work)
4. Deciding how many AT and HE shells we will carry (carry 10 AT shells and 10 HE shells)
These are my ideas

Comments

• stabbinhobo
    581 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Splash damage.. tanks have 0 splash dmg. When you have 5 assaults chasing a tank you know the current setup is broke as heck. Love hitting a guy in the chest with a main tank round and doing 40 dmg. Or putting a round at his feet and doing no damage at all. You have better luck running the assault over than shootin him. 
  • LINKERBLOX
    Splash damage.. tanks have 0 splash dmg. When you have 5 assaults chasing a tank you know the current setup is broke as heck. Love hitting a guy in the chest with a main tank round and doing 40 dmg. Or putting a round at his feet and doing no damage at all. You have better luck running the assault over than shootin him. 
    true that, tanks do no dmg to infantry

• ProAssassin2003
    3224 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's sad my favorite thing to do in Battlefield is so bad. Tanks are a joke and anybody that defends how they're in BFV have no clue what they are talking about. Imo
  • Woodlbrad
    558 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Bad in normal multiplayer and even worse in firestorm.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    1761 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I find the tank v infantry much better than at launch. Infantry v tank is another matter. However like the OP said, you do still get the times where you require 3hits on a half track -which is dumb (should be 2) and you get dodgy hit detection when a HE shell lands on an assaults foot yet barely scratches them.  However for the most part I find the tanks mg and main gun -on the valentine and pz4 at least, to be usually pretty effective. Turret speed etc is again another issue.
  • Hawxxeye
    5178 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It's sad my favorite thing to do in Battlefield is so bad. Tanks are a joke and anybody that defends how they're in BFV have no clue what they are talking about. Imo
    They can still have a good kill feed but only if the player is abandoning helping their team and prioritizes on K//D farming. quite sad :(
  • ProAssassin2003
    3224 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    ProAssassin2003 said:

They can still have a good kill feed but only if the player is abandoning helping their team and prioritizes on K//D farming. quite sad :(

Oh yeah when I camp with a Tank I'm a God in BFV. As soon as I move up to a objective even with Infantry here comes Kamikaze Assaults with carrying every Anti Tank weapon created in WW2 and melts me ignoring the Infantry because they know Tanks are easy points. Only thing that helps is the Explosives that surround your tank but the cool down for those are redicoulous.
  • LINKERBLOX
    ProAssassin2003 said:

Oh yeah when I camp with a Tank I'm a God in BFV. As soon as I move up to a objective even with Infantry here comes Kamikaze Assaults with carrying every Anti Tank weapon created in WW2 and melts me ignoring the Infantry because they know Tanks are easy points. Only thing that helps is the Explosives that surround your tank but the cool down for those are redicoulous.

True that, lets not forget the fact that is extremely rare to find a support that repairs your vehicle
  • Alaedrea
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 16
    ProAssassin2003 said:

Did you perhaps consider that the game was intentionally designed so you couldnt just roll into an objective with no allied support, insta kill everyone on the point and take the objective?While I agree that dynamite should be significantly nerfed against all but the lightest armored of vehicles, if you have trouble killing players with any of the tank rounds in this game, that is a learn to play issue, not a balance issue.

There is an easily achievable balance between being useless and camping with a tank, and keeping your tank relatively safe, while providing significant support to your team in assaulting/defending an objective.
  • ProAssassin2003
    Alaedrea wrote: »
    ProAssassin2003 said:

Did you perhaps consider that the game was intentionally designed so you couldnt just roll into an objective with no allied support, insta kill everyone on the point and take the objective?While I agree that dynamite should be significantly nerfed against all but the lightest armored of vehicles, if you have trouble killing players with any of the tank rounds in this game, that is a learn to play issue, not a balance issue.

There is an easily achievable balance between being useless and camping with a tank, and keeping your tank relatively safe, while providing significant support to your team in assaulting/defending an objective.

I said go into a objective with Infantry support. And remember those same Infantry support usually aren't the best of players. Every support has a repair tool and I've been repaired maybe 2 times since launch.
  • ChickenTheTank
    162 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    LINKERBLOX wrote: »

@stabbinhobo also

Tanks melt infantry in droves if you're selecting an infantry focused shell. And they don't if you select anti-vehicle shells and setups.
  • stabbinhobo
    581 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    LINKERBLOX wrote: »

@stabbinhobo also

Tanks melt infantry in droves if you're selecting an infantry focused shell. And they don't if you select anti-vehicle shells and setups.
    Tanks melt if you take them anywhere near the action. PIAT spam for days. I hate when tanks park it in the back... I also understand why they do it. Watching a solo assault take out a tiger is just sick. I also love how slow the tanks are... the Tiger IRL has a speed over 25mph... yet in game an assault can run one down easily. Especially after a single piat shot makes it impossible to steer. Naw.. tanking in this game is trash.. long live assaultfield 5. 
  • xKusagamix
    897 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 19
    Hit reg in BFV is absolutely garbage for Tank, some of them have a ridiculous slowwwwwwwwwww ROF and bam, didn't reg.
  • UraniumReaper
    542 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I enjoyed the tank balance in BF1 much more. Tanks in most capacity had a fear factor that is completely lacking in BFV. When a heavy tank or assault tank rolled up to an objective in BF1 it had impact and could decisively change the outcome of the conflict whereas now it feel like they are free kills for some assault zerg. Makes no real impact on the games anymore except turning them all into campers akin to the arty in BF1 (which was the most hated person in the game imo).