Did assault needed a second Gewehr 43? (aka Karabin)

«1
Hawxxeye
5335 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
Karabin is a Gewehr 43 without the option of a detachable mag.
To the assault it is adding basically nothing other than a second G43 with a different model and sound.
.
On the other hand the medics and the recons would start a 7 day and 7 nights celebration if they had gotten this exact weapon on their classes instead.
.
I would suggest increasing the gun variety on the classes instead of adding more of the same things on the same class.

Comments

  • ElliotLH
    8131 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm conflicted as on one hand I agree and on the other I really like the Karabin for some reason.
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    At this point it feels like we've been given 15 SARs and 3 ARs. I'd kill for a decent burst fire weapon. I've never played it, but CODWW2 introduced the Breda PG1935, which had a 4 round burst mode.
  • Hawxxeye
    5335 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH said:
    I'm conflicted as on one hand I agree and on the other I really like the Karabin for some reason.
    It has that nice sound like if it is  a suppressed rifle. But so does the MAS
    At this point it feels like we've been given 15 SARs and 3 ARs. I'd kill for a decent burst fire weapon. I've never played it, but CODWW2 introduced the Breda PG1935, which had a 4 round burst mode.
    I did hear that there was one 4shot burst fire weapon in the datamines, it could be that
  • ElliotLH
    8131 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 16
    ElliotLH said:
    I'm conflicted as on one hand I agree and on the other I really like the Karabin for some reason.
    It has that nice sound like if it is  a suppressed rifle. But so does the MAS

    Thinking about it I probably like it purely because it reminds me of guns like the Mondragon in BF1. MAS 44 is the Turner SMLE imo though, like the Karabin is the G43. I do entirely agree though that we'll probably end up with cookie-cutter weapons for the most part with some interesting sprinklings here and there.


    At this point it feels like we've been given 15 SARs and 3 ARs. I'd kill for a decent burst fire weapon. I've never played it, but CODWW2 introduced the Breda PG1935, which had a 4 round burst mode.
    I did hear that there was one 4shot burst fire weapon in the datamines, it could be that

    Yup that'd be the Breda PG which is a ToW reward for this chapter. There's also the M2 Carbine which looks like it'll be a fun assault rifle.

    *Edit: I messed the quotes up and can't fix them, sorry.

  • Desyatnik_Pansy
    1399 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ag m/42 is just an M1A1 Without the large mag option, MAS 44 Is very similar to the Turner SMLE and the Karabin is the Gewehr 43. So logically the next one will be a copypaste of the Selbstlader M1916 Then? :p
  • Hawxxeye
    5335 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Ag m/42 is just an M1A1 Without the large mag option, MAS 44 Is very similar to the Turner SMLE and the Karabin is the Gewehr 43. So logically the next one will be a copypaste of the Selbstlader M1916 Then? :p
    clone wars
  • CaptHotah
    1068 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I rather have a Hellriegel
  • ElliotLH
    8131 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    CaptHotah wrote: »
    I rather have a Hellriegel

    "Get behind me, Satan!" Haha
  • Bamsmacked
    115 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Assault has a bunch of OP guns, and it seems like every new gun they get is barely any different from the rest of them.
  • wiazabi
    482 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Ag m/42 is just an M1A1 Without the large mag option, MAS 44 Is very similar to the Turner SMLE and the Karabin is the Gewehr 43. So logically the next one will be a copypaste of the Selbstlader M1916 Then? :p
    Ag m/42 is not the same as M1A1 as m1a1 is 4 hit kill up to 50m the Ag m/42 is 4 hit kill at all ranges and m/42 also has higher velocity.

    Agree with other ones and the Karabin vs Gewehr 43 comes down to whether you want the box or strip reload. 
  • johnkapa1
    195 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ag m/42 is just an M1A1 Without the large mag option, MAS 44 Is very similar to the Turner SMLE and the Karabin is the Gewehr 43. So logically the next one will be a copypaste of the Selbstlader M1916 Then? :p
    The Garand is the next 1916 but a little more accurate and only 8 rds. 
  • TectonicGuns
    302 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Without details stats like damage drop off and spread. it's hard to judge...   I miss Symthic!
  • VincentNZ
    2666 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I do not see the issue. The Karabin is to the G43 what the MAS is to the Turner. That is the niche. Lower recoil, slightly less convenient to use.
    .
    Also what should they add otherwise? They get flak for adding weapons like the MG30, which fill a really new role and they would get flak if they add the Chauchat, which is a completely new niche, yet a "rehashed" weapon.
    Also a lot of the things they have somewhat finished in the files is already redundant, the Lanchester is another 600 rpm SMG, for example. There is just so much you can do. Not every weapon needs to change the whole gun meta.
  • bran1986
    5646 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    I do not see the issue. The Karabin is to the G43 what the MAS is to the Turner. That is the niche. Lower recoil, slightly less convenient to use.
    .Also what should they add otherwise? They get flak for adding weapons like the MG30, which fill a really new role and they would get flak if they add the Chauchat, which is a completely new niche, yet a "rehashed" weapon.Also a lot of the things they have somewhat finished in the files is already redundant, the Lanchester is another 600 rpm SMG, for example. There is just so much you can do. Not every weapon needs to change the whole gun meta.

    I would love a slower firing, harder hitting smg.
  • VincentNZ
    2666 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 said:
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    I do not see the issue. The Karabin is to the G43 what the MAS is to the Turner. That is the niche. Lower recoil, slightly less convenient to use.
    .Also what should they add otherwise? They get flak for adding weapons like the MG30, which fill a really new role and they would get flak if they add the Chauchat, which is a completely new niche, yet a "rehashed" weapon.Also a lot of the things they have somewhat finished in the files is already redundant, the Lanchester is another 600 rpm SMG, for example. There is just so much you can do. Not every weapon needs to change the whole gun meta.

    I would love a slower firing, harder hitting smg.

    Makes no real sense, every SMG basically uses 9mm Para. The only one that comes to mind is the Danubia that fires 9x25 Mauser Export, which is almost an intermediate cartridge. However, I think it would work better as an AR for this game.
  • CHAMMOND1992
    1088 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This is a complaint about the Assault class hoarding run and gun weaponry disguised as a complaint about weapon variety amongst classes. 
  • sabootheshaman
    1039 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    I'm conflicted as on one hand I agree and on the other I really like the Karabin for some reason.

    Same. It feels like it’s more accurate at range.

    I want more shotguns and sidearms.
  • MarxistDictator
    4873 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    bran1986 said:


    VincentNZ wrote: »
    I do not see the issue. The Karabin is to the G43 what the MAS is to the Turner. That is the niche. Lower recoil, slightly less convenient to use.

    .Also what should they add otherwise? They get flak for adding weapons like the MG30, which fill a really new role and they would get flak if they add the Chauchat, which is a completely new niche, yet a "rehashed" weapon.Also a lot of the things they have somewhat finished in the files is already redundant, the Lanchester is another 600 rpm SMG, for example. There is just so much you can do. Not every weapon needs to change the whole gun meta.



    I would love a slower firing, harder hitting smg.


    Makes no real sense, every SMG basically uses 9mm Para. The only one that comes to mind is the Danubia that fires 9x25 Mauser Export, which is almost an intermediate cartridge. However, I think it would work better as an AR for this game.

    The CSRG SMG should have been rehashed before the Chauchat. They could have even used the 20 round Chauchat magazine on it, with only 16 rounds loaded for realism/balance. oh well
  • ForbidRhyme
    114 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    See the source image
    stonks
Sign In or Register to comment.