Enemy Spotted ???

ShevermiN
384 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
I was playing solo in a Firestorm squad server the other night and I saw the enemy spotted on my mini map ???  Now I have seen this when playing as a squad but why would the enemy be spotted for me when I'm not in a squad?   Does the flare spot for all people in the game?

Comments

• llMotleyll
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah flare spots for everyone. Sometimes a good tactic to just shoot a spot flare if you in trouble and hope another squad spots your enemies and kills them for you. 

• Kongo030
    615 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    That is actually how I use it when I'm last one living in a squad game. Near the end when the circle is smaller I shoot it into a corner where I either see or suspect enemies. Usually this leads to a shootout and I can either shoot people looting afterwards or just live another minutes.
  • ShevermiN
    384 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Cheers guys now to go educate some people that keep calling hacks :)
  • tempo_rarity
    1010 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Another Spotting question , if I may?

If I press 'Q' in Solo while looking at a Player or Vehicle that I've seen , who sees that yellow or red flag that I cause to appear?
    I'm thinking that it's Everyone as well .
    I find that it's a great way to get Players to kill each other  :tongue:
  • ragnarok013
    2881 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Another Spotting question , if I may?

If I press 'Q' in Solo while looking at a Player or Vehicle that I've seen , who sees that yellow or red flag that I cause to appear?
    I'm thinking that it's Everyone as well .
    I find that it's a great way to get Players to kill each other  :tongue:
    No the spotting ping is visible only to your squad in BF5 tempo_rarity. In solos since you aren't in a squad nobody else will see your ping
  • tempo_rarity
    1010 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ^ Thanks for clarifying that .
    So-o-o . . apparently , I regularly "ping" Players in Solo who have the tendency to die (or get in trouble) soon afterwards . . .
    I believe you but . . I'm gonna keep doing it anyway  :tongue:  
  • ragnarok013
    2881 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    ^ Thanks for clarifying that .
    So-o-o . . apparently , I regularly "ping" Players in Solo who have the tendency to die (or get in trouble) soon afterwards . . .
    I believe you but . . I'm gonna keep doing it anyway  :tongue:  
    tempo_rarity there's no harm in doing so! If you do it normally it'll carry over to CQ, Rush etc and help your team!