EU Servers......but are all in Germany!

buckiebull
84 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
I live in the UK, the nearest EU Server is in Frankfurt Germany, let me ask you this does someone in Germany get a better Gaming performance from their gameplay than someone outside of Germany because it feel like that!

Comments

• BaronVonGoon
    6728 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Well you're playing against people who are also connecting to Frankfurt servers and alot of them are further than you.
  • buckiebull
    84 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    my point being wouldn't their latency be less than outside of Germany giving them a major advantage!
  • BaronVonGoon
    6728 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    buckiebull wrote: »
    my point being wouldn't their latency be less than outside of Germany giving them a major advantage!

Yeah sure though player skill comes into the equation too, player x with 100 latency may kill player y with 10 latency because he's a better shot. But I agree EA should be ideally spreading servers around regions rather than concentrating them in one country. But it's EA I wouldn't hold my breath on them doing anything to improve the experience for their customers.
  • buckiebull
    It's not right though! yes there are good players out there with good ping and a decent stable pc but say you had 5v5 from like Sweden v Germany I would put my bucks on Germany to have the edge!
  • BaronVonGoon
    edited July 17
    buckiebull wrote: »
    It's not right though! yes there are good players out there with good ping and a decent stable pc but say you had 5v5 from like Sweden v Germany I would put my bucks on Germany to have the edge!

I agree but don't forget that netcode engineering is much more complex than it used to be and lag compensation comes into the equation to reduce any sort of advantage low latency players have and give high latency players a better experience.
  • buckiebull
    Really!
    my experience of gameplay is every server has at least 4 players with a ping of 150 to 800 making the game really bad to play, Net code is another thing! but we are getting away from the point that not everyone is getting a fair play game time.  
  • iamwiener
    78 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You will always have an advantage when playing with a ping that differs from the average server/location ping. Everybody gets used to a certain latency range. You kinda get a feeling for things like: when did the enemy actually spot me, can I make it out of the line of fire, do I have enough time to return fire when being shot or rather try to dodge the bullets etc.
    Players with extreme high or low pings on a server will therefore often win 1v1 situations. As long as you are between 10 and 40 and you are used to them, it should be fine. The only thing to worry about are ping spikes and packet losses.
  • RayD_O1
    482 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I live in the UK, the nearest EU Server is in Frankfurt Germany, let me ask you this does someone in Germany get a better Gaming performance from their gameplay than someone outside of Germany because it feel like that!

We had UK servers at launch and then they decided to take them away :( 

• zenn_nme
    797 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I used to have a far better connection to the UK servers coming from The Netherlands instead of the Germany servers right now, even tough my ping is extremely low... :/
  • xXMysterio
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    German player here.
    I can confirm that we have no advantage since the last bigger patch in terms of ping times. Whenever someone joins a server with a ping higher than 80, we can shoot and shoot and shoot and nothing happens. Like we're throwing candy's on you :)
    But we get instant "one hit kills" as soon as a high-pinger starts shooting at us. We die behind cover, need a whole MG42 mag for rubberbanding players and so on.

It's unplayable for us right now. As soon as high pingers enter the server, we're leaving lately.
    I really hope Dice is gonna open more servers again or at least patch the "calculated disadvantage or high ping players".
  • buckiebull
    German player here.
    I can confirm that we have no advantage since the last bigger patch in terms of ping times. Whenever someone joins a server with a ping higher than 80, we can shoot and shoot and shoot and nothing happens. Like we're throwing candy's on you :)
    But we get instant "one hit kills" as soon as a high-pinger starts shooting at us. We die behind cover, need a whole MG42 mag for rubberbanding players and so on.

It's unplayable for us right now. As soon as high pingers enter the server, we're leaving lately.
    I really hope Dice is gonna open more servers again or at least patch the "calculated disadvantage or high ping players". 
    My apologies, I didn't realise that German players were getting bad pings too, but yes when it comes down to it they need servers in other countries to balance gameplay, Quick match need's to be sorted out too as it's putting players from one side of the globe to another giving everyone spikes in lag or more and more people will leave and buy & play other games!
    it also feels like the servers are bias to some players whom are getting a good game with above average scores compared to other good players!

• TheNoobPolice
    1574 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Germany is pretty geographically central EU wise so absolutely makes sense to position a server infrastructure there for the EU player base. This was pretty much the same in all past games and most other games in different franchises too.

IF DICE didn't want backlash about UK servers, they should have ensured they had the budget to permanently stick with them. Given something then taking it away is always worse than just not doing it in the first place.
  • TFBisquit
    1507 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I recall some clan servers from germany that ran bf3 great. Looking at these Dice servers, they are utterly crap. Might as well originate from the other side of the world.