stodeh

xxxTUCO
36 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
where can i get the guns that stodeh uses? all the guns in my game do not work like his do? is it an update i need?

Comments

• CSO7777
    1136 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'm not really that good at the game, but I have seen nothing in his videos that I cannot do myself (or does sometimes), but he does it consistently and at a much higher frequency than me. 

He doesn't have better guns, but much better skills than most of us.

And of course his videos are edited, they only show the good parts and not when he is being wrecked, like we all do sometimes.
  • Jezzzeh
    753 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah hes a great player but editing post recording puts the shine on the thing.
  • TUN_elcappo
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You're being a bit disingenuous if you're saying his videos are edited and that puts a the shine on things. Obviously its the best clips. But watch his Twitch stream, he's a great player and its a good community. You'll learn a lot by watching him.
  • Lahoo_Eckbert
    1265 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 18
    CSO7777 said:
    I'm not really that good at the game, but I have seen nothing in his videos that I cannot do myself (or does sometimes), but he does it consistently and at a much higher frequency than me. 

He doesn't have better guns, but much better skills than most of us.

And of course his videos are edited, they only show the good parts and not when he is being wrecked, like we all do sometimes.

What he said.
    He is a talented guy and has put in 1000+ hours in BF V(and more so in the previous games). And he has the best hardware(never seen serious fps dips or stutter in his streams) and plays with 10-20 ping. 
    In short he is a better player and has better gear(pc and connection) than 99% of the people he encounters, so he pretty much **** on everyone he sees.
  • TFBisquit
    1522 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Being very good or even the best in video games, usually tells something about that person. I will leave it at that.
    As for the recording software, it makes things look easier, shows as if there is less recoil etc etc.
    If you record your self, you’ll find many deaths were actually obvious.
    As for stodeh, I enjoyed the video’s I saw from him. I see Westie showing more deaths also nowadays. Seems realistic after all.
  • TUN_elcappo
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    "Being very good or even the best in video games, usually tells something about that person. I will leave it at that."

It's their job
  • Jezzzeh
    753 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You getting paid to shill for the guy or something?
  • TUN_elcappo
    No, just calling out dumb comments
  • Jezzzeh
    You call people "disingenuous" and dont know how it's meant to be used. Dumb.
  • Lahoo_Eckbert
    1265 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkkQnli3ZS4
    Dude is just too good that isn't up to debate imo. Watch his clips, he rarely misses a shot.  But damn, his computer and connection are insane too. That isn't remotely comparable to my gameplay. I get delayed hit markers or none at times, he looks as if he is playing on LAN.
  • TUN_elcappo
    Jezzzeh said:
    Really? Disingenuous: not candid or sincere.

You said his "editing post-recording put the shine on things". You're not being sincere in that comment,  its his skill and game play "putting the shine on things", not some editing or post-recording that you're talking about, whatever that means. 

How was my usage incorrect?
  • TFBisquit
    1522 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    "Being very good or even the best in video games, usually tells something about that person. I will leave it at that."

It's their job
    Whatever the reasons, those yt people are not a good example to use for explaining why a regular player isn't doing the same.
    That's the message for the op.
  • TyroneLoyd
    1348 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Sigh.
  • trip1ex
    4695 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 18
    Jezzzeh said:

You said his "editing post-recording put the shine on things". You're not being sincere in that comment,  its his skill and game play "putting the shine on things", not some editing or post-recording that you're talking about, whatever that means. 

YOu're acting like the poster said the  only reason he looks good is because he edited his video.  He didn't say that.

His first few words even were "the guy is great. " 

To say editing a video puts the shine on things is not disingenuous because even the great players aren't as good as their highlight reels.  
  • xxxTUCO
    36 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 18
    so how can you iron sight at a scope glint and get continuous head shots at 300m, we have all done it before, but this does not seem right its real hard to do with a 6x scope. and he shoots through smoke when you cant see anything at all

and this is just... at 15 seconds in

• trip1ex
    4695 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    xxxTUCO said:
    so how can you iron sight at a scope glint and get continuous head shots at 300m, we have all done it before, but this does not seem right its real hard to do with a 6x scope. and he shoots through smoke when you cant see anything at all

gotta be a hacker lol.  

No one a lot better at games than you.  

Just like no one better at me at basketball.   Only the cheaters like LeBron and Curry.  lol.

• DigitalHype
    768 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    There is simply no easy way to know who is legit, and who is a very careful master of deception.
    Stodeh has been doing this a long time. He's widely accepted as a legit player. So, I have no choice but to do the same.
    But, if someone were to use a softlock + triggerbot, it would look very similar to this gameplay. Notice the repeatable and near perfect pattern of slow-down as reticle approaches the target, without ever over-aiming. Perfectly repeatable precision without ever making mistakes. IIRC, Stodeh is a relatively high-sens player compared to some pros. I have over 800 hours in BFV and 1000's more in earlier titles. Some individuals are able to acheieve this level of perfection. I have no idea how.

• Jezzzeh
    trip1ex wrote: »
    TUN_elcappo said:

Jezzzeh said:

YOu're acting like the poster said the  only reason he looks good is because he edited his video.  He didn't say that.

To say editing a video puts the shine on things is not disingenuous because even the great players aren't as good as their highlight reels.  

Thank you dear educated one.

I was being both Candid and Sincere in my post. As dear elcappo was required to Google the use of the word and fell upon its first link (wiki) my point stands as to his understanding.

For his clarity:

Stodeh is a very fine player indeed. Very few like him. The shine comes when he skillfully ties together his sessions so they flow nicely.
  • pajsner
    65 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    xxxTUCO said:

It should be easy for anyone to decide if  something are fishy. Take for example the shotgun he use and try for you self on a emty game to shoot at something far away. This is a video game that have no connection to real shooting and its mechanism, the only thing you have to do is put the mouse-cross hair in the right place and press the mouse, if  what he does is real, you should be able to hit the targets as much and often, if you can't recreate it, it's not true.

• TUN_elcappo
    Jezzzeh said:
    trip1ex wrote: »
    TUN_elcappo said:

Jezzzeh said:

Thank you dear educated one.

I was being both Candid and Sincere in my post. As dear elcappo was required to Google the use of the word and fell upon its first link (wiki) my point stands as to his understanding.

For his clarity:

Stodeh is a very fine player indeed. Very few like him. The shine comes when he skillfully ties together his sessions so they flow nicely.
    I hesitate to respond since this is just getting stupid, but for someone reason you feel the need to keep trying to insult me. Yes I googled the definition of the word since I'm not used to people calling out word usage in a message board about PC games, so I wanted to make sure I was right.

Your first post reads very much like "yeah he's a really good player BUT....", which to me reads like someone not being CANDID or SINCERE about his level of skill. Lets leave it at that.