This Week in Battlefield V

Bipod

SniperWW2
postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Bipod destroy the game

Comments

• ElliotLH
    8378 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Would you care to expand your point and tell us why you think that?
  • MatthewSkeet
    382 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 18
    ElliotLH said:
    TBH there is no need for expanding... look at certain maps (devastation, mercury, narvik, fjel) number of bipod campers is just insane and you literally cant see them and by the time you do you die in 1 frame. 
    Just play some CQB playlist and see for yourself... half the players are on bipods on those maps. I literally quit the game because my team (as of 16 players) would literally prone in one spot 
  • ElliotLH
    8378 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH said:

TBH there is no need for expanding... look at certain maps (devastation, mercury, narvik, fjel) number of bipod campers is just insane and you literally cant see them and by the time you do you die in 1 frame. 
    Just play some CQB playlist and see for yourself... half the players are on bipods on those maps. I literally quit the game because my team (as of 16 players) would literally prone in one spot 

That is probably what they meant but since they gave zero information in their post they could just as easily be complaining about the wonky bipod mechanics.
  • Leetch002_mtdrh
    215 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The change to TDM making maps smaller is a bigger issue than the bipod as it makes it easier to sit in a spot with no way to flank.  That to me was a horrible change.

I'm a support player to the core (always have been) and I have a better k/d running around with my Lewis, KE7 or Bren than sitting with a bipod in a corner.  Don't get me wrong, it's fun to sit there with a bipod and watch dummies try to fire across a map at me then hide then pop out again.  That's a real stupid way of engaging a player with a bipod and MMG.

If any changes were to be made to MMG's, I would say reduce the max zoom to 1.5x giving players at distance a better chance.  If you run around a corner straight into an MMG however, you should die.

• barnesalmighty2
    1520 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I hate the bipod MMG players infesting objective modes. It makes. Me so angry seeing so many people lying down spamming away with their infinite ammo, whilst we as attackers can't return fire to try and pin them down thanks to stupid attrition.

MMG & prone needs to go away forever.