Why It's Time For A New Medal Of Honor - Gameinformer

Nic727_1
78 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited July 2019

A great article from Gameinformer about Medal of Honor and why it should returns : https://www.gameinformer.com/2019/07/16/why-its-time-for-a-new-medal-of-honor

I just don't like the fact that they are saying Respawn should make it because they did well with Titanfall and Apex Legends. I don't think they are good examples for what Medal of Honor is about. MOH is about authenticity and realism while staying arcade-ish.

--------

With Battlefield V going downhill and with the great WW2 shooters being released (Battalion 1944, Post Scriptum, Hell Let Loose and Vanguard Normandy 1944), I think it's time to go back to the root and release something more simple. Medal of Honor should be coming back. It's one of the oldest series out there and it's just sad that EA killed it in 2012 by releasing Warfighter too early (not the fault of devs they did the best they could).

So many scenarios could be visited by Medal of Honor like North-Africa during WW2, Guadalcanal and other Pacific battles.

For the multiplayers, I think MOH 2010 and Warfighter did very well in term of keeping things simple and realist. The score streaks were great to have artillery supports, ammos, etc. and the buddy system was great. Combat Mission game mode is my favorite too and I think having this game mode in WW2 could be great.

Post edited by Nic727_1 on

Comments

• HANSGRUBER30
    3030 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I was watching a video on YouTube about the rise and fall of Medal of Honour at the beginning of the week. Man I loved playing the early games on the Play Station. They really managed to get as much out of the Play Station as possible, the music was top class and most importantly at the end of the level it would tell you how many ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ you shot in the ¯\_(ツ)_/¯’s.

If a studio was given the freedom to make a new MOH like they did back in the day, I would throw money at it. Just no loot boxes or what ever EA names them that week.
  • Nic727_1
    edited July 2019

Just listen at that!

So much feeling I want to cry :(
    Medal of Honor deserve to live again. Back to the WW2 with real orchestra, story and multiplayers could be the game I will pre-order.

https://www.polygon.com/2019/1/25/18196278/medal-of-honor-airborne-call-of-duty-modern-warfare

• MarauderFox
    86 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    MoH games had reliable gameplay, well designed levels and the best atmosphere for immersion even if it were arcady and simple at times; there was minimal cinematic experience and minimal spectacle (which do nothing for a action FPS video game if used incorrectly) and minimal gimmicks (COD Exo fatigue)
    MoH coming back to cover WW1/2, Korea and up to Vietnam etc would kill if they focused on single player, slower FPS gameplay and non-linear missions. They don't have to limit themselves to USA pov

The intro-cutscenes with a mission appropriate quote in Airborne never got dull as they correctly used spectacle to inspire or terrify the player, they weren't to show off how kewl the engine and graphics are; just tip-top screen-writing.
    The into and parachuting in Der Flakturm were horrific and nothing has been more inspiring in a game than 
    Who does the army trust the most?
    Airborne!
    Who do the ladies love the most?
    Airborne!
    Who do the ¯\_(ツ)_/¯'s fear the most?
    Airborne!
  • Mensrea831
    118 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What i want is a rising tide. Where if im shot in the face o die and if im shot in the leg ill bleed out without a medic. Where a 7.62 hurts more than a 5.56. Because ballistics are a thing.
  • dayglowfroggy
    622 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I my dreams I wanted bf5 to be a bit like moh of old but we got this wierd diversity game instead and as a history buff I find bf5 a bit insulting it's so tame and they can't even give us one accurate uniform.
    I thought they could follow on from bf1 that game had atmosphere, but then that game felt like a game from the start bf5 it's only just starting to feel like it should of done at launch but it's too late for most.
  • Nic727_1
    edited August 2019
    MoH games had reliable gameplay, well designed levels and the best atmosphere for immersion even if it were arcady and simple at times; there was minimal cinematic experience and minimal spectacle (which do nothing for a action FPS video game if used incorrectly) and minimal gimmicks (COD Exo fatigue)
    MoH coming back to cover WW1/2, Korea and up to Vietnam etc would kill if they focused on single player, slower FPS gameplay and non-linear missions. They don't have to limit themselves to USA pov

The intro-cutscenes with a mission appropriate quote in Airborne never got dull as they correctly used spectacle to inspire or terrify the player, they weren't to show off how kewl the engine and graphics are; just tip-top screen-writing.
    The into and parachuting in Der Flakturm were horrific and nothing has been more inspiring in a game than 
    Who does the army trust the most?
    Airborne!
    Who do the ladies love the most?
    Airborne!
    Who do the ****'s fear the most?
    Airborne!

I'm not too sure about the non-linear mission, because Medal of Honor always tell a story, but I understand what you mean. Having more choice in your decision like Allied Assault or Brother in arms instead of only one path. I think a mix of both could be nice, because having linear part for cinematic cutscene would be important.

But here are my wishlist for MOH : https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/191494/medal-of-honor-wishlist#latest

I agree that they shouldn't focus on USA pov for the other games.

I'm very confident that having a the Mediterranean and North African setting at the very start around 1940-1941 (USA wasn't present). Having UK/France/Poland/Greece/Czecholslovakia vs Germany/Italy would be cool.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_African_campaign

Multiplayers could have some features from 2010 and Warfighter with some improvements without being "open" like Battlefield. The goal is not to create BF competitor, but a game on it's own.

Also, if they remove USA from the game, they will need to rebrand the game since Medal of Honor is an American medal.

• HawkeyeAM47
    1364 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Well, buddy the closest thing your going to get with medal of honor is the new call of duty. Looks just like MOH warfighter, I wouldn't be amazed if someone that worked on one of those games helped develop the new COD Title
  • Nic727_1
    edited September 2019
    Well, buddy the closest thing your going to get with medal of honor is the new call of duty. Looks just like MOH warfighter, I wouldn't be amazed if someone that worked on one of those games helped develop the new COD Title
    You are right. Lot of Warfighter vibes in it. I hope it has a game mode like combat mission.

But I still want Warfighter and 2010 on Xbox One. Had a lot of fun!

• OskooI_007
    1192 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There's a new VR Medal of Honor coming out in 2020 if you own an Oculus Rift headset.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-09-25-respawn-unveils-oculus-vr-shooter-medal-of-honor-above-and-beyond
  • Nic727_1
    OskooI_007 wrote: »
    There's a new VR Medal of Honor coming out in 2020 if you own an Oculus Rift headset.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-09-25-respawn-unveils-oculus-vr-shooter-medal-of-honor-above-and-beyond

Just saw that. I’m just sad because it looks like they do everything to destroy the franchise each time they release a MOH game. That’s my favorite series, but this game is just a joke.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2525 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Shame its VR only.  I loved Warfighter.

• Nic727_1
    It's very quiet about this game. I hope they changed their mind and will actually make a bigger game. From what I read, A&B only feature small missions that last about 10 minutes each. I'm not planning to buy VR and this game look cartoonish.

EA didn't make a single MOH game for the last 8 years. So sad :(

Whatever, if you are on Xbox and still have a Xbox 360, join the xbox club "Medal Of Honor Game Series Community". Look like EA re-opened the servers on MOH 2010 on Xbox 360. Want to play some weekends.