Rush 2.0

Comments

• bunningsSnagz
    105 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    In every game i played the attackers couldn't even take one objective or the defenders just got steam rolled. At this point id rather DICE take MMGs out of the game till they can find a way to balance them because its just a bad joke now. It's just not fun getting killed by them, i dont think to my self "oh yea i got out shot there my bad" I think "what a little **** just sitting there waiting for people to turn a corner" I cant even verbalize how much i hate MMGs.
  • bigiain
    242 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's very one sided almost every game. I'm not sure if people don't care about how they play this because it's only for unlocks or if players are genuinely lost.

-So many players weld themselves to a spot and stay there whether they can see the objective or not.
    - People seem completely oblivious to the spotting.
    - Players seem incredibly unwilling to switch class in this.
    - I'd also question why it's 16 v 16 rather than 12 v 12, the poorer players are never going to work out the mode while it's this type of grind and time limited
    - Supply stations everywhere for convenient flare spam. Although most of the supports are still dishing out the pointless ammo pouches, so they may be needed.
    - The 3 map rotation makes the whole thing even more underwhelming. Is the idea that people get bored and leave in the hope that the balance shifts?
  • RossP317
    201 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Rush can be great. The white knuckle ride when time seems to slow as you arm that final objective with your last tickets draining away....

Instead this is a stuttering, campy mess that results in 7 minute walkovers in either direction. Either stomps or meatgrinders with zero close games. Sign of bad maps.
  • sabootheshaman
    1015 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    In every game i played the attackers couldn't even take one objective or the defenders just got steam rolled. At this point id rather DICE take MMGs out of the game till they can find a way to balance them because its just a bad joke now. It's just not fun getting killed by them, i dont think to my self "oh yea i got out shot there my bad" I think "what a little **** just sitting there waiting for people to turn a corner" I cant even verbalize how much i hate MMGs.

Soon as you hear the sound of more than one going you know you’re likely in the plop. I kind had f hate any gun with a clip over 50.

I had several good rounds of rush tonight although I still think it’s trash. It just suits my Zerg play style. I’m running with 12g auto or Suomi or m1907.
  • dcs500
    1388 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 19
    RossP317 said:

Instead this is a stuttering, campy mess that results in 7 minute walkovers in either direction. Either stomps or meatgrinders with zero close games. Sign of bad maps.

Yep, Rush needs specific Rush maps, not Mcoms dropped onto CQ maps. Devastation can sort of work, can't fathom why they used used  Narvik and Steel.
  • BenBit13
    74 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The maps are too linear and the amount of mmg users and other campers makes it almost unplayable when you are attacking.
  • ChickenTheTank
    179 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I had a couple games kar might that actually did feels little like BF3 rush.

But the results ended up the same as I'm used to. I've yet to see a round end on middle objectives. Attackers get either 0/4 or 4/4 every.... single.... time....
  • TFBisquit
    1356 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I liked rush 1.0 much more. As far as I'm concerned they can sack the person responsible for the changes. They are not an improvement.
  • PackersDK
    697 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Sweet baby Jebus in his CPSC Safety Approved crib, I already hate this mode. Devastation is a no-flank phone booth sized map. Other maps are meh. 

There’s no attack/defender change, so you can get at least some satisfaction against the opposing team. I even tried staying on the server. In Breakthrough you go to another map and change from attack/defense. Not so on new Rush. Rejoined a Devastation game, and had to attack again... quit. 

I feel sorry for you guys, who has looked forward to the return of this mode. 
  • BaronVonGoon
    6661 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    TFBisquit wrote: »
    I liked rush 1.0 much more. As far as I'm concerned they can sack the person responsible for the changes. They are not an improvement.

this
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    469 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You very much shouldn't be able to be killed by a Pak 40 before you've taken 5 steps.
  • bigiain
    242 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It had switched back to the attack then defend sequence for me earlier. 
  • robmcewen
    2975 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    As others have said it's either Attackers blow up all the telegraph station in a stampede or get bogged down on the first zone. It would also help if the teams had even number of players, just a thought.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1380 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I for one am shocked that you can't simply take the same exact map and just place objectives willy nilly to make a great game experience on a variety of modes.
    Cookie cutter copy paste does not work, design maps from scratch for Rush with love and attention and it will succeed
  • barnesalmighty2
    1379 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Shadow0nTh3Sun said:
    I for one am shocked that you can't simply take the same exact map and just place objectives willy nilly to make a great game experience on a variety of modes.

Cookie cutter copy paste does not work, design maps from scratch for Rush with love and attention and it will succeed

D day would be the best place to start for rush only maps.
  • ChickenTheTank
    179 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Shadow0nTh3Sun said:

D day would be the best place to start for rush only maps.

Dday should be a grand operation for sure.
    Day1 - airborne op during the night, behind the bunkers.
    Day2- Breakthrough with Americans as attackers.
    Day3 - Rush with Americans attacking again.

It should also support 32 player rush of course.

If they stick with stuff that hasn't been done a lot before, don't be surprised to see a British dday instead of American.
  • Soulbreeze
    351 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sucks as much as it ever has. BC2 was the only game I actually enjoyed rush.
  • tumpeloitsija
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I get 90% defensive side and we get 100% steamrolled. The Most Hated Game Mode Ever award goes to Rush.
  • Shadow0nTh3Sun
    113 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TFBisquit said:
    I'd hate to cause someone to lose their job, but-- these changes were poorly done.  The map designer did a good job spelling out his reasons on reddit but it just doesn't work.
  • Ameriken05
    383 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I used to be an avid Rush player and frankly its exclusion from BFV was a bit of a shock, compounded by the general weakness of Grand Operations compared to BF1 Operations.  There is something very lacking from the BFV version of Rush and I think it primarily revolves around how narrow the maps are and how close the objectives are.  I'm not seeing a whole lot of change from the first run of Rush, and games seem to quickly devolve into a campfest in a single area overwatching both objectives, where I feel like in previous titles there has been enough spacing and width to the map to allow some more maneuvering and isolating objectives to set them.  It also never helps with ANY of these limited time game modes when there are only 3 maps.  I don't really care what game mode you're playing - 3 maps get stale after about an hour of playing.  BFV is really suffering from solid game mode variety - and though it has renewed my enjoyment of Conquest (it's a good fit for WW2), the weakness or lack of other solid modes reduces overall replay value.  I think all of these maps could support Rush, but not quite sure why they don't open up the maps a little more - doesn't sound like the mode is huge priority, and that's a shame.  With Grand Operations in the state it is, no more frontlines, no rush, and breakthrough being a somewhat watered down version of BF1 Operations - it doesn't leave many options other than Conquest and maybe some Firestorm.  So much potential for this game, very love/hate...

CPT CALIGULA