When can genders/ characters be changed as pilots and tank drivers?

Jargon113
55 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
I see a lot of threads about this.. a year ago. And another post from a moderator that this is coming soon- 8 months ago. When is this going to happen, and is this going to happen at all? I only want the screaming to stop when I die, it ruins it and is annoying.

Comments

• Jargon113
    55 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Link to moderator posting that it will be changed- 

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/comment/1364590
  • Thumper2671
    463 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I doubt it at this point tbh, we haven't even gotten any news iirc on tank customization, which has been "coming soon!" since launch day. Also, they've locked threads about people asking for gender customization for vehicles in the past, for no reason, so don't be surprised if this gets locked too. 
  • barnesalmighty2
    1606 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Moderators are not the voice of dice buddy.
  • Jargon113
    This was promised in the BFV roadmap also.
  • barnesalmighty2
    1606 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Jargon113 wrote: »
    barnesalmighty2 said:

This was promised in the BFV roadmap also.

Vehicle customisation was promised in the road map but the devs gave some bs excuse that changing tanker drivers would not come because of some technical difficulties.
  • Jargon113
    Offical response from support ticket:

[removed name] You are welcome. Thank you for your time and patience. I checked our resources on this and also talked to our seniors on this. I came to know that Battlefield V has upgraded the features of customization in the recent times, however on Character customization as pilot and operator as promised, I still do not get much information.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6046 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Probably never. Dice has a lot of things to take care of. And this one is considered "a minor one" by them. So yes, most likely never.
  • PackersDK
    820 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    As the game is now, it would be a massive misuse of resources  to but even one man on the job of fixing this. 

No doubt some forumers will question your agenda for even bringing it up (surprised they’re not here already), I just question your priorities ;-)

I’m also curious how often you have to die as tanker/pilot, to the point where death sounds becomes an annoyance?
  • Jargon113
    PackersDK said:
    As the game is now, it would be a massive misuse of resources  to but even one man on the job of fixing this. 

No doubt some forumers will question your agenda for even bringing it up (surprised they’re not here already), I just question your priorities ;-)

I’m also curious how often you have to die as tanker/pilot, to the point where death sounds becomes an annoyance?
    Agenda: To remove the scream upon death
    Priorities: obvious.

How many times do I have to do to where it is annoying? Once. 
    It's just something that pulls you out of the game, like WTF was that?
    Oh yeah, I was a chick and I screamed for 5 seconds while plummeting to the earth.
  • PackersDK
    820 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited July 2019
    Jargon113 said:
    PackersDK said:

Agenda: To remove the scream upon death
    Priorities: obvious.

How many times do I have to do to where it is annoying? Once. 
    It's just something that pulls you out of the game, like WTF was that?
    Oh yeah, I was a chick and I screamed for 5 seconds while plummeting to the earth.
    I’m not in doubt or questioning your agenda, I said others might do that.

Since you bothered to post, then yes, your priorities are obvious, I’m just questioning them. 

Okay, so you’re annoyed at first go. But that is happens often enough, and the annoyance is so severe that you want Dice to put devs and programmers on the case in the state the game is in? No, just... no.

This is just my opinion, nothing personal. If it bothers you that much, then by all means lobby for it. 
  • Noodlesocks
    3441 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They still don't even have tank customisation yet.
  • OskooI_007
    1192 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think it's because women are better drivers.
  • Elephante33
    328 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    at least he isnt getting as much trash talk from people for haivng the AUDACITY of wanting to play a gender he wants to play in a game whos previose PR statements were all about being inclusive xD Im glad people have chilled out over that and realise that jsut because you want to play as a guy doesnt make you a chovanist
  • firechickenfan
    480 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2019

That wasnt the issue.

And you know it.

While you say it was people "trash talkin" people whom wanted to play as a male, it was all the males complaining that now a girl player could newly play a female character.

And boy did they have a problem with that.The truth was they could ALREADY play a male character. They couldn't handle seeing a girl.

at least he isnt getting as much trash talk from people for haivng the AUDACITY of wanting to play a gender he wants to play in a game whos previose PR statements were all about being inclusive xD Im glad people have chilled out over that and realise that jsut because you want to play as a guy doesnt make you a chovanist

• Elephante33
    328 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

That wasnt the issue.

And you know it.

While you say it was people "trash talkin" people whom wanted to play as a male, it was all the males complaining that now a girl player could newly play a female character.

And boy did they have a problem with that.The truth was they could ALREADY play a male character. They couldn't handle seeing a girl.

I think thats rathering a sweeping statment that everyone who has an issue with it is someone who cant 'handle it'. Because by that logic we should say that anyone with an issue about not playing a woman, or a different skin colour, cant 'handle' playing it.

Sometimes people just WANT to play as themselves or as close as possible, and when a company says its offering that, why cant they satisfy all sides of it? im not saying drop everything to do it, im sayign that not having it after the devs decided to lower themselves to the level of trolls, and bring down everyone else to that level, was a poor move.
  • Ameriken05
    451 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I look at it purely from it making sense to their business model for supporting content.  More classes (i.e. tankers/pilots) to customize like the others means more desire for different skins/cosmetics not already used.  I know we don't necessarily pay for gender/race changes, but I sure as heck would be interested in fitting out a pilot or tanker class with some pilot/tanker cosmetics that I really have no interest utilizing for assault, support, medic, recon, etc.  For this game looking to make money on cosmetics they certainly aren't opening up the flood gates by any means - I mean they should have ALL the cosmetics available in the armory (and not just for limited time).  And they really should even break out "face" from "headgear" so you could pick helmets without gas masks and have more reason to get face paints.  I know, I'm starting to sound like a guy that plays with dolls - but I think it's a valid point.  Customization, customization, customization!  I wouldn't be angry...

CPT CALIGULA
  • Woodlbrad
    734 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Bf1 was better you could actually make a load out and the models looked as if they were a tanker or pilot. The mask was in the beta why can’t we go for an actual look there’s customization pieces in the game it’s pathetic.
  • Ameriken05
    451 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Woodlbrad said:
    Bf1 was better you could actually make a load out and the models looked as if they were a tanker or pilot. The mask was in the beta why can’t we go for an actual look there’s customization pieces in the game it’s pathetic.
    Yeah - I think I would be less concerned with the gender of the pilot/tankers if they actually looked like pilots/tankers in the first place.  As it is it just kind of comes across as another incomplete part of the game, a la German C-47s full of German-speaking Brits.  Never would have seen anything like that in BF1...
  • Elephante33
    Woodlbrad said:
    Yeah - I think I would be less concerned with the gender of the pilot/tankers if they actually looked like pilots/tankers in the first place.  As it is it just kind of comes across as another incomplete part of the game, a la German C-47s full of German-speaking Brits.  Never would have seen anything like that in BF1...
    yeah that also was pretty wierd, its those things you'd expect from some indie dev or an early access game, not one we payed full price for and was promised a finished product
  • firechickenfan
    480 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    My thing is, when do you see what you look like? So, to that end, who cares if you are male or female? If you get ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ over what your hands look like, you have bigger problems.
This discussion has been closed.