Camping is king

Getier
228 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
The game design favors defending far too much which makes linear game modes unplayable.
Go prone and profit thats the key.

Comments

• PackersDK
    802 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Fast ttk, attrition, MMGs and visibility issues (for me anyway) has made me absolutely hate playing any kind of attack in this game. Which is annoying since I mainly play Breakthrough. 

• ProAssassin2003
    3706 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    True. I went prone with Lewis on Rush and killed about 15 players before I decided to move. They had no clue.
  • Trokey66
    8737 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DavTan wrote: »
    No such thing as camping in objective mode bf, if you are within 50 meters of an objective and are killing, then you are either defending or helping attack.
    If you're a sniper and are further away than that, as long as you are hindering movement of the enemy by getting some kills then your doing your job.
    Camping is a supposedly derogatory term bought over from arena shooters and tdm players by **** run n gunners whose ego's are hurt when they get killed by someone who is stationary at the time.

It does often baffle me how someone defending in modes like Breakthrough can be called campers.

Thia is not to say that 'camping' in its worst sense does not occur but on the whole, you're not wrong.
  • NLBartmaN
    4079 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah, 3x scope without glint and too fast TTK are killing the game and should be removed or extra recoil when ADS with 3x scope without glint.
  • Player_rs688is9
    65 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It’s funny to see all the campers laying prone in both of the teams, No clue They have that i just planted a bomb on the objective, No ofc they cant leave their campingnest, its way to Dangerous...

I have Never in my whole life seen so many proneplayers before in a fps-game, lord make it stop.
  • NLBartmaN
    It’s funny to see all the campers laying prone in both of the teams, No clue They have that i just planted a bomb on the objective, No ofc they cant leave their campingnest, its way to Dangerous...

I have Never in my whole life seen so many proneplayers before in a fps-game, lord make it stop.
    the way too dangerous part (because of all the 3x scope without glint laser accurate weapons) in combination with the too fast TTK and with being invisible when prone it the reason why players go prone: standing up or moving is instant death.

Just poor design decisions, that can easily be fixed and changing MMG's is NOT what is needed and won't change a thing.
  • DavTan
    785 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    Player_rs688is9 said:

the way too dangerous part (because of all the 3x scope without glint laser accurate weapons) in combination with the too fast TTK and with being invisible when prone it the reason why players go prone: standing up or moving is instant death.

Just poor design decisions, that can easily be fixed and changing MMG's is NOT what is needed and won't change a thing.

With respect I disagree the ttk is too fast, imo it's fine. I often have time to get behind cover or retreat after being fired on. I certainly agree though that it was a poor decision to give assault 3x scopes without glint.
  • NLBartmaN
    DavTan said:

With respect I disagree the ttk is too fast, imo it's fine. I often have time to get behind cover or retreat after being fired on. I certainly agree though that it was a poor decision to give assault 3x scopes without glint.
    The TTK WOULD be okay if the whole game was in a good state.

When I play on 32 players mode without any playesr with a poor connection (above 60ms or unstable ping) the TTK is "okay" and I sometimes indeed can go in cover or retreat when being shot at.

On 64 player modes on when there are players with poor connections, the TTK is instant 1 frame deaths.

When the TTK was raised a little a couple of months back, the 1 frame deaths were almost gone, so raising the TTK for now would be a very good solution.

Or just fixing the servers ... (ping limits, less virtual servers on each server, using more server providers, removing "compensation" for poor connections, etc)
  • bigiain
    312 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DavTan said:
    No such thing as camping in objective mode bf, if you are within 50 meters of an objective and are killing, then you are either defending or helping attack.
    If you're a sniper and are further away than that, as long as you are hindering movement of the enemy by getting some kills then your doing your job.
    Camping is a supposedly derogatory term bought over from arena shooters and tdm players by **** run n gunners whose ego's are hurt when they get killed by someone who is stationary at the time.
    You've missed out the thing a further away Recon needs to do.

• DavTan
    785 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    bigiain wrote: »

DavTan said:

Which is .... ?
    You're gonna say .. building his fire, tent and toasting his marshmallows .. aren't you LOL
  • bigiain
    312 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DavTan said:

DavTan said:

Which is .... ?
    You're gonna say .. building his fire, tent and toasting his marshmallows .. aren't you LOL
    Spotting, which most of the recons in this game seem completely oblivious about.
  • LinkZeppeloyd
    957 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DavTan said:

DavTan said:

Which is .... ?

Spotting, which most of the recons in this game seem completely oblivious about.

Its hilarious how many people demand, DEMAND that 3d spotting return, all while not using the variety of spotting tools in the game.
  • JamieCurnock
    693 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Camping is very subjective and really depends what mode you play.

Defending in Breakthrough it's hard to really camp in the proper sense of not influencing play in any meaningful way and just kill farming. You're always so close to objectives it's often more of a good defensive position than it is camping. If a defender is getting lots of kills and has somewhere locked down they need to be taken out which provides small objectives within tightly contested games. Most of the time i see this as a feature of the game mode.

The only time I see real camping in breakthrough is when attackers and occasionally defenders snipe from the previous sector/spawn area and don't make any attempt to advance, sometimes even a small distance to where they could use flares effectively for the team. In breakthrough/frontlines/domination you need bodies in the capture point to advance so that's the only time it really has an impact to the team.

Conquest is where the real big boys camping trips take place. Set up a little home for the duration of the match and don't go near any capture points.
  • tempo_rarity
    1209 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Cover-to-cover running might get me shot , but not killed by a 'camper' .
    A 'camper' kills me IF I didn't take the time to check on 'camper' spots .
    A 'camper' becomes my next mission if my previous mission was interrupted .

If the need to 'close' a Flag passageway involves 'camping' nearby , I'm your guy .
    If the need to rear flank and Spot everyone involves 'camping' afar , I'm your guy .

Inserted , stationary , prone . . 'camped' .
    It's in this Game .

Deal

. . or not  :tongue:  
  • DavTan
    DavTan said:

DavTan said:

Which is .... ?

Lol, fair enough ... I agree, personally I love the spotting scope when I play recon . I light up the battlefield like it's bf3 n 4 again.
    Funnily enough the peeps I spot are usually dead in a few seconds at the hands of friendlies.
  • tempo_rarity
    1209 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ^ the Spotting Scope is like feeding piranha :lol:
  • Cerben1
    302 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    yea lets all AD AD AD ADADAD AD AD AD A DA D spam so we dont get any unfair advantages over the 300m+ away recon players that play aggressive recon  or rush run and gun assault whit  ak =)
  • THERAMPAGE_ci0h
    228 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ^ the Spotting Scope is like feeding piranha :lol:
    Spotting scope is bugged right now ... I hope the old 3D spotting system will come back ... i miss this feature so much ... It will resolve the poor visibility issue we have since launch ... 
  • MatthewSkeet
    382 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Cover-to-cover running might get me shot , but not killed by a 'camper' .
    A 'camper' kills me IF I didn't take the time to check on 'camper' spots .
    A 'camper' becomes my next mission if my previous mission was interrupted .

If the need to 'close' a Flag passageway involves 'camping' nearby , I'm your guy .
    If the need to rear flank and Spot everyone involves 'camping' afar , I'm your guy .

Inserted , stationary , prone . . 'camped' .
    It's in this Game .

Deal

. . or not  :tongue:  

Sorry but that's total bs.
    This game has serious visibility issues ... 99.9% of campers are those who abuse it by hiding in random corners with their mmgs
    On top of that those bibods are working absolutely fine when lying down on your back ..
    You are also capable of bipoding 90 degree up or down for some stupid reason (or at least it looks like that from the receiving end)

When you are one of few players attacking the objective while others are sitting out of bound.... They are campers no matter what they do