Rush, and how to (almost always) win at it

Elephante33
142 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
So with the re-introduction of Rush, we have, as to be expected, a new wave of people complaing about bipods and MMGs and camping, so I will set down here for you my formula for playing Rush, from both sides, and almost always win:

When Attacking: this will seem obvious but considering how much complaining is going around, maybe not.
Play Pathfinder, or get someone to do it, and equip them for assaul. My make up is as follows:
Primary: Machine Pistol or RSC (i like to keep weapons in their own factions
Secondary: whatever you want
then gadgets: Grenade, Flare Gun, Radio Station

Tactic: Move up with support players, keep spamming the flare because KNOWLEDGE is everything, and knowing where all the defenders are helps EVERYONE on your team,and place your radio down ahead. Your job is not to attack on your own, but support the offensive and keep up pressure. Do this and the team will carry itself and you will almost always win, because helping each other means you win too

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Defending: You can either do the same thing as the Attacking load out to prevent flanking, OR
Just use support. Yes they will call you a camper, but if they do what was mentioned above they might actually win, if they dont, not really your problem SO:
Play a roaming support or Medic.
Roaming support means grab your shotty or MMG and pick a spot, kill a guy, and move to another spot for the inevitable grenade spam on your location
Medics are critical since they can keep up the defensieve lines with quick revives, there is absolutly no reason to not revive the defenders

Load outs for these are generally whatever you want, but my MMG mains are:
MG 42 and M1922 

And instead of taking the Medical Crate, stick to the little bandage boxes. Why? Because most people defending dont want to leave their fox hole lest they get snipped or ambushed, so jsut run around throwing bandages at everyone. They might not say it straight away, but they will be gratefull.

If anyone else has some tips or tricks to winning Rush on either side, feel free to drop them off

Comments

• BeastofBourbon84
    96 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Nice strats but in my experience rush games are always very one-sided.
    Either you are in the team that stops the enemy at the very first 2 objectives and wins on attack easily or you are getting steamrolled round after round :neutral:

Dunno why this seems to be an even bigger issue in rush then in other modes but that's just my experience in the handful of games I played to complete the tow challenges....
  • bigiain
    243 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You forget to tell players that the flares need to go in the air.

I'd disagree about reviving on defence as well. It's not a disaster, especially in a good squad, but it's not as important as it is in any other mode. Players focusing on revives rather than kills and too many medics are both problems.
  • Shadow0nTh3Sun
    113 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Attack strategy: have 2 medics spam smokes.  This can be done nonstop.  Smoke from spawn, run to resupply stations which are everywhere, spam more smoke.  No one on the server will be able to see anything the whole round and your team will move past the smoke instinctively so they can find something to kill.  Also revive.
  • zenn_nme
    755 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    When attacking> forget A, flank and go for B instead. In most cases the enemy team will be at A, you can get them in their backs.
    When defending> spread out & hold the line. Make sure you crossfire paths into killzones. Communicate via txtchat to call out a breach if needed.
  • Elephante33
    142 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    bigiain said:
    You forget to tell players that the flares need to go in the air.

I'd disagree about reviving on defence as well. It's not a disaster, especially in a good squad, but it's not as important as it is in any other mode. Players focusing on revives rather than kills and too many medics are both problems.
    You are write, but only in the instances when you actually have a team that coms, this strat is more focused on a 'win-all' i.e. a strat to win the game without having to rely heavily on the co-operation of other people, sure there are times when this will fail, but that is often due to a particularly poor effort of the team/the fact there is no match making leaving the attackers/defenders out numbered