got BFV on origin premium for $4.99 to bad its not worth even half that.

RonnieDobbz1978
0 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
wow how far this game series has fallen.  instead of making the games better they make them worse.  oh well it was worth a $5 gamble, to bad I lost.

Comments

• CHAMMOND1992
    1041 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah it's a joke. From a purely personal perspective I hope EA abandons Support (since I no longer play it anyway) and uses the extra time and resources to re-structure a functional team to make the next game not be such a total cow pat of a product.
    If only the world revolved around you.
  • PrairieGeek
    363 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's sad that someone gets a AAA title for $5 and has to feel ripped off. It's clear that they have altered focus off of fixing this one and are hopefully pla ningbo to do the next title better
  • sabootheshaman
    1015 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    how much time has the OP played?
  • PrairieGeek
    363 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Does it matter with the current state of the game? You can pretty much tell in 2 rounds that it's not right
  • sabootheshaman
    1015 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Does it matter with the current state of the game? You can pretty much tell in 2 rounds that it's not right

It really does. Some people don’t have all the bugs others have. Some people get some enjoyment from it also.
  • SwolasaurusFlex
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

It really does. Some people don’t have all the bugs others have. Some people get some enjoyment from it also.
    I've played long enough to know that I'm not as excited to sit down to actively play this as I was BC2, BF3 or BF4. BF1 went in a weird direction with the "le black german" meme and every soldier having autos, but after I played it for a bit it warmed up to me. At a certain point was hoping it was gonna be a steam-punkish reboot of the series and they would have went full ham with it, not full ****. Hell BFV should have been BF-Vietnam. What a waste of a shot.
  • sabootheshaman
    Well the OP has played a little over 5 hours.
  • UsainskiSemperFi
    519 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 21
    There is no such thing like BFV premium, what are you talkinag about?
  • NLBartmaN
    3059 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    There is no such thing like BFV premium, what are you talkinag about?
    Read title again ...
  • MarxistDictator
    4846 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I've played like 3 hours and I got hosed on the $99 version. where's my thread
  • TheNoobPolice
    1574 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah it's a joke. From a purely personal perspective I hope EA abandons Support (since I no longer play it anyway) and uses the extra time and resources to re-structure a functional team to make the next game not be such a total cow pat of a product.
    If only the world revolved around you.
    Then the next game would be better. Thanks for seeing my point.
  • MAJWolfcookies
    556 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This game really should be free to play because it certainly doesn't perform as well as the Fartnites of the world. In fact, given its current state, it should be paying players to play it bc it sucks so bad.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3263 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 23
    However, abandoning this game would damage the franchise even more. The next game might actually be brilliant, but because people got badly burned by BFV, they might be too stubborn to try the next game.

This happened to my friends with regards to BF4. Hardly any of my BF3 friends played the game for a few days before leaving it for good. After quite a long time, the game was relatively stable, but none of my friends came back ... they'd lost their trust in DICE. It got even worse when Hardline came out. They came back for BF1, but after the BFV beta, they've left again. I suspect that there are other people out there who are like this. Yes, some of them were a bit fickle, if I'm honest, but when a franchise undergoes serious controversies, they'll either not buy the next game, or buy it after it gets seriously discounted, in order to 'punish' the devs for what they did in the last game, even if the next game was good.

This happened with CoD too. My friends used to love playing CoD games, but then Ghosts came out, and they stopped buying new CoD games. One of them did buy Advanced Warfare and BLOP3, but he seriously regretted BLOPS3 after some time.

DICE is already working on the next game anyways, and that means that restructuring their team is going to be harder than usual. There's also all sorts of rumours that the next game is Bad Company 3 (ugh ...), which has been in development for several years now, so we can't expect drastic changes to that game if it'll release next year, as is expected. Then again, after looking at some of DICE's Glassdoor reviews, there's something wrong in their workplace. Apparently, there's a lot of office politics and nepotism there, which would explain why they've been struggling with BF games since at least BF3.
  • GenCuster
    55 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    We simply paid a "Beta version" of the next game at full price .....
    I even pre-order :(

• e-Sparta_Rambo
    440 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    TheNoobPolice said

However, abandoning this game would damage the franchise even more. The next game might actually be brilliant, but because people got badly burned by BFV, they might be too stubborn to try the next game.

This happened to my friends with regards to BF4. Hardly any of my BF3 friends played the game for a few days before leaving it for good. After quite a long time, the game was relatively stable, but none of my friends came back ... they'd lost their trust in DICE. It got even worse when Hardline came out. They came back for BF1, but after the BFV beta, they've left again. I suspect that there are other people out there who are like this. Yes, some of them were a bit fickle, if I'm honest, but when a franchise undergoes serious controversies, they'll either not buy the next game, or buy it after it gets seriously discounted, in order to 'punish' the devs for what they did in the last game, even if the next game was good.

This happened with CoD too. My friends used to love playing CoD games, but then Ghosts came out, and they stopped buying new CoD games. One of them did buy Advanced Warfare and BLOP3, but he seriously regretted BLOPS3 after some time.

DICE is already working on the next game anyways, and that means that restructuring their team is going to be harder than usual. There's also all sorts of rumours that the next game is Bad Company 3 (ugh ...), which has been in development for several years now, so we can't expect drastic changes to that game if it'll release next year, as is expected. Then again, after looking at some of DICE's Glassdoor reviews, there's something wrong in their workplace. Apparently, there's a lot of office politics and nepotism there, which would explain why they've been struggling with BF games since at least BF3.

As much as I loved BC2 and BF3, I will not buy it if its made by todays DICE, especially when they are being influenced by jackfrags and westie so much. The games are no longer fun nor competitive thanks to those 2 clucking hens.
  • mph199
    97 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I don't care how bad you think a game is; if you can't squeeze out FIVE FREAKING DOLLARS of enjoyment from it then the problem is primarily with YOU....

And yes, for the record I do believe that Battlefield 1 was infinitely superior... Not sure why DICE would abandon tried-and-true features that had universal approval, but evidently they always feel like they have to re-invent the wheel every time...
  • spartanx169x
    696 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

If I’m not mistaken, EA reports earnings July 29th. They should at least mention if Firestorm met expectations ( we already know it has failed), but just as importantly what if anything they plan to do with BFV.
  • ECH0_MIRAGE
    65 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It's sad that someone gets a AAA title for --edit--$80--edit-- and has to feel ripped off. It's clear that they have altered focus off of fixing this one and are hopefully pla ningbo to do the next title better
    Fixed that for you.  Or for most of us.
  • Carbonic
    1215 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Seems like this has just become a negativity echo chamber without any actual feedback, even from the original poster. Threads just spamming "I think game is bad" without even mentioning why does not need a new thread so I'm locking this due to the lack of stuff to discuss.
This discussion has been closed.