Camper atop of highest mountain at Fjell. Legit or not?

LEGATVS_ROMANVS
373 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Fjell. Take the highest mountain out there in the map. There was a camper dude atop of that mountain, sniping people down below. He killed me like 5 times.

Now my question is.. is that legit or its some kind of fishy player? I know you can parachute down the plane and land technically wherever you want. But from what i tested myself, once you climb rocks you shouldnt climb, a out of bounds counter starts and you have to go back to the battle field.

Im not here to open another cheating thread, but im confused of what i just saw. Is that thing possible or not?

Comments

• IDazzlerazzle
    405 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    How can it be legitimate if it's not a playable area
  • DigitalHype
    742 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Some exploiting a glitch. Not every area is supposed to be reachable on that map (even with plane drop it is supposed to mark you out of bounds). DICE has patched the game to block some exploits on this map, previously.
    Fjell has a history of folks doing some crazy stuff (e.g. building stacks of sniper decoys) to reach the summit. :)
  • Jezzzeh
    753 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    That map is riddled with holes in the Out of Bounds areas.
  • MatthewSkeet
    382 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yea just happened to me today in fjel but on breakthrough. I have no friggin clue how he even got there .
    Nobody could see him and the only way of taking him down was by a sniper from the other side of the map yet he could shoot everyone

Are a in question second b zone as the defenders come out of the narrow path
  • stabbinhobo
    581 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Like the guys who get on the rooftops on Rotterdam... 
  • Jayremie570
    1639 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I mean the worst was argonne forest above B bunker. Or when guys would and still do, glitch under hardline maps.

If the game allows people to do it they will
  • robmcewen
    2977 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I mean the worst was argonne forest above B bunker. Or when guys would and still do, glitch under hardline maps.

I never saw that myself in person but I did see a lot of players getting in the walls in operation metro in bf4.
  • ElliotLH
    7839 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Lots of the mountains on Fjell are pretty easy to climb and some of them let you place yourself just outside the OOB zone. There's a fairly nasty one I've seen people use in the first sector of Breakthrough which basically covers the whole of A. I'd be inclined to look at it as being an exploit, same as being able to drive a tank on to the hanger on Aerodrome.
  • ragnarok013
    2943 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    robmcewen said:

I never saw that myself in person but I did see a lot of players getting in the walls in operation metro in bf4.
    They patched that out in BF3\4 but until they did it was a huge problem and there were lots of reports filed by the community.
  • Jayremie570
    1639 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    robmcewen wrote: »

Yeah, very anger inducing for sure. I never saw the benefit of beating someone who has no abilty of beating myself.
  • herodes87
    1266 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    robmcewen said:

Jayremie570 wrote: »

They patched that out in BF3\4 but until they did it was a huge problem and there were lots of reports filed by the community.

Still possible on console.
  • MarxistDictator
    4846 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    robmcewen wrote: »

Yeah, very anger inducing for sure. I never saw the benefit of beating someone who has no abilty of beating myself.

Only the baddest of the bad map glitch, because they suck too hard to get kills doing anything else. I doubt that even factors into their decision, they just think that by not-dying and actually getting a couple kills for a change they're clearly a god.