A Small Change to Supression to Increase Effectiveness, and Not Cheapness

ChickenTheTank
163 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I think when you're being suppressed, you shouldn't be able to revive team mates.

This increases suppressions usefulness beyond just 3D spotting an enemy for you (and your team if you're the machine gunner role).

It also stears away from feeling unfair to the suppressed player. In BF3 and BF4, suppression effected your accuracy, which was a big reason no one liked it. This suggestion doesn't do anything unfair to the other player.

It also increases the use of suppression as an area denial tool, which is what it is supposed to emulate.

What do you think?

Comments

• MatthewSkeet
    382 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So you want to reduce the amount of revives from 1 in a game to 0? Great...
  • sabootheshaman
    1015 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I just don’t think the class needs buffing which is what this does.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5311 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I just don’t think the class needs buffing which is what this does.
    yup, support is fine as it is.
  • ChickenTheTank
    163 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This would be a buff to suppression for all players of all classes, that was just an example.
  • sabootheshaman
    1015 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Having thought about it more I think it’s a bad idea. It will prevent people attacking and increase the effectiveness of camping. This does not need to happen in my opinion.
  • DingoKillr
    3469 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Increasing suppression is not needed what is the trigger levels or length of impact are the things that can change. Currently squad spawn is impacted by suppression or when you can fully heal. Recon and Support can trigger spots by suppression.

A reason for no suppression trigger on revive is because we have difficults doing revive now it will become more frustrating for it not being clear as to why a increase in not being able to revive. 

Suppression has been talked about for increase spread, recoil or sway but apparently that is not popular with parts of the community. Maybe you could do things like suppression impact on the speed of repairs, speed to build fortification or even how many bullets you can get. 
  • y_j_es_i
    1322 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    That wouldn’t make sense and why should it effectively only work against medics
  • TheyHaveScissors
    561 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They could begin with making the hold breath function actually needed for snipers, lets start with that.

• VincentNZ
    2580 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This would only create confusion and inconsistency and therefore frustration with the game mechanics. How is this supposed to work? You move to a guy, stray shots come across and the revive icon disappears? Or does cancel the revive animation? Or does it not give the "E to revive"-prompt? See people would not understand it and file it as a bug. Also that is why you deploy smoke in the first place as medic.

• ragnarok013
    2905 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    I think when you're being suppressed, you shouldn't be able to revive team mates.

What do you think?
    I think this is as bad of a suggestion as the "no healing while being suppressed" idea was in BF4. When you're suppressed it's never going to stop you from healing\triaging\reviving. In fact that's when you need it the most. But if your goal is to put the final nail in the coffin of the medic class this would do it.