This Week in Battlefield V

Ability to change teams very early on a round

LINKERBLOX
90 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
By very early i mean the time where people are just on their spawns doing nothing

Comments

• llPhantom_Limbll
    5454 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    After all these years of playing BF games I can exactly tell how the round is going to play rigth after the map loaded and I had a chance to see the teams. So no, it won't make any difference at all.
  • Violent_Rumble
    342 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's a great idea and they should definitely bring team switching back.
    I always play with a mate and we join on each other but every now and then it will put us on opposite sides when a new round starts.. so broken

• DigitalHype
    774 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It's a great idea and they should definitely bring team switching back.
    I always play with a mate and we join on each other but every now and then it will put us on opposite sides when a new round starts.. so broken

They should at least bring back the ability to switch to the team with a player deficit. Especially considering how bad of a job the start-of-round match maker does populating servers after a mass exodus. MM will often end up joining new players to the team that already has 10+ more players. This creates a perpetual quit cycle that can take numerous rounds to recover from, or somtimes even empty the servers.
    In prior titles (usually on community run servers), we would often switch to the team which had less players in order to even out the teams at the start of round. Of course, those were in communities with a sense of fairness and good sportmanship. So, that might not be as effective on DICE's public servers.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1673 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You can change teams if there's a spot open and know somebody on other team.  Just join a party chat and have them invite ya.  I got moved over early in a match.  This works for XBOX1.
  • ElliotLH
    8382 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 22
    GRAW2ROBZ wrote: »
    You can change teams if there's a spot open and know somebody on other team.  Just join a party chat and have them invite ya.  I got moved over early in a match.  This works for XBOX1.

It's actually easier than that on Xbox as you just click through the scoreboard until you find someone in a squad with space, then select the join game option. No idea why this works on Xbox but not PC or Playstation.
  • Tullzter
    1092 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    We need better team balancing, i've been joining a lot more one sided games where the attackers outnumber the defenders 2:1,  i really don't understand why it's taking them that long to implement a balancer
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1673 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Tullzter said:
    We need better team balancing, i've been joining a lot more one sided games where the attackers outnumber the defenders 2:1,  i really don't understand why it's taking them that long to implement a balancer
    Rush was like that yesterday.  Almost a 10 player difference.
  • ElliotLH
    8382 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ said:
    Tullzter said:
    Rush was like that yesterday.  Almost a 10 player difference.
    Noticed that too. Breakthrough has been beginning a lot of rounds like that too.
  • TectonicGuns
    310 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You should be able to switch depending on player count, pre-match only!
  • jroggs
    422 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    There are some good reasons why (or at least when) to disallow team-switching, but I have a suspicion it might have been instituted for political reasons regarding the Axis faction. Either way, it's definitely a problem to disallow team-switching to weaker teams, especially with how broken team-balancing is right now.