Weekly Debrief

Karabin 1938M Mastery V assignment (hipfire kills) is absurd

DigitalHype
774 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
If you also feel this new weapon's mastery assigment (Requiring 7 hipfire kills in a life or 25 hipfire kills in a round), is fundamentally wrong for this weapon type (semi-auto rifle) and disproportinately difficult please go to EA answer HQ link and "me too" and provide feedback.

Comments

• ASaltyAlpaca
    48 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    You can also complete these assignments in combined arms. Unless it’s required in objective areas then.
  • DigitalHype
    774 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    You can also complete these assignments in combined arms. Unless it’s required in objective areas then.
    Unfortunately, no. The last two are pvp only.
  • PackersDK
    757 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yeah, not even going to try. 

It’s almost absurde. Dice realizes after a lot of feedback, that weapons assignments might not be worded and done optimal.

So what do they do? Change assignments on newly unlocked weapons to pvp only. Keep making them stupid difficult. And don’t touch the completely ridiculous  old weapon  assignment that are counter teamplay and borderline impossible. 

As I said, I’m not even gonna try. Mostly because the game is already testing my patience to the limit in numerous other ways. 
  • NuttysKunKs
    355 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    That’s easy. It’s great at hip fire.
  • ElliotLH
    8367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've been struggling with this for a while now. The hip-fire sucks on this rifle unless you're basically point blank in my experience.
  • NuttysKunKs
    355 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    I've been struggling with this for a while now. The hip-fire sucks on this rifle unless you're basically point blank in my experience.

Even with the hip fire spec?

I’m on PC where hipfire is quite effective!
  • ElliotLH
    8367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 21

Yep even with that. I'm on console so that could have something to do with it. I basically need to be within 10m to get a kill hipfiring with it, as it misses a load of shots otherwise for me.

Then again I suspect that the overall problem with all assignments is because they're designed with PC in mind (like those godawful SAR/SLR objective headshot kills).

So far I've managed 6 in a life by playing really aggressively, and come close to the round requirement, so I'm sure I'll get there eventually. It just won't be fun at all.
  • NuttysKunKs

Yep even with that. I'm on console so that could have something to do with it. I basically need to be within 10m to get a kill hipfiring with it, as it misses a load of shots otherwise for me.

Then again I suspect that the overall problem with all assignments is because they're designed with PC in mind (like those godawful SAR/SLR objective headshot kills).

So far I've managed 6 in a life by playing really aggressively, and come close to the round requirement, so I'm sure I'll get there eventually. It just won't be fun at all.

Basically beyond 10m your lucky to get a kill in one encounter. I try I get a round in then pop behind cover. Wait for them to run at you and close the gap.

I can imagine it’s much harder on console. Never played BFV but I was shocking at BF1 on Xbox. I can easily get 12-15k points per conquest round.

Perhaps they should tailor the assignments.

But that’s where BF lost its identify, pleasing the causal console gamer.

Click, play, shoot, die and then leave.
  • ElliotLH

Basically beyond 10m your lucky to get a kill in one encounter. I try I get a round in then pop behind cover. Wait for them to run at you and close the gap.

I can imagine it’s much harder on console. Never played BFV but I was shocking at BF1 on Xbox. I can easily get 12-15k points per conquest round.

Perhaps they should tailor the assignments.

But that’s where BF lost its identify, pleasing the causal console gamer.

Click, play, shoot, die and then leave.

That's good advice. The rounds where I've come close I've been flanking and trying to come up behind people. I just get unlucky with the 7th player, or come up against a Suomi lol.

I agree that they should tailor them for PC and Console as what works on one doesn't always work on the other. Either that or they should add a third option so you could work on it over time, like the original assignments had before they 'fixed' it.
  • VincentNZ
    2864 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Ideally to fulfil this assignment you would want to find spots where you are not totally outclassed by close range weapons, but can also fall back a bit and make use of ADS. I daresay in Conquest Rotterdam fighting over the D point will put you into a lot of point blank ranges to 5m where hipfire bonuses are not so relevant and you can always fall back to the tracks or in a house for cover.
    Devastation hallway overlooking D and outside C is another spot, although getting 7 kills in one life there is hard. Top level B is better, when you have a mate you can infinitely hold that objective with a lot of <10m engagements.
    Al-Sundan on TDM is also pretty good, since all engagements in the houses are basically point blank. Every map where you can enforce engagments in a house is good, as they will always be doable in hipfire.
  • DigitalHype

Yes. Even with the hipfire spec on PC, this is still only effective at very close range. And much less effective hipfire weapon than an SMG. Especially an SMG with both hipfire specializations. 
    For one, you don't get the persistent visual feedback cue, like you do with a high rate of fire SMG, which is designed for it.
    Playing aggresive hipfire with this rifle mean you will die very often. Making getting to 25 in a round is too much. Especially with the high percentage of rounds that end quickly due to severely unbalanced teams. But, even in balanced rounds its damn near impossible to get 25 hipfire kills. Even the older-style wep assignments for SMG's (a much more effective hipfire weapon) it only required 20. It makes no sense adding 5 more required to a weapon that is objectively less designed for hipfire use.

• DigitalHype
    That’s easy. It’s great at hip fire.
    How long did it take you to get Mastery V on it? Did you record your gameplay so I can learn from it?
  • Desyatnik_Pansy
    1411 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Solution:
    >find a friend
    >join a server on opposing teams
    >finds each other
    >????
    >PROFIT

Just saying. Honestly with how poorly they're designing these assignments I can't wait to see something like the C96 Carbine requiring 100m+ kills, or the Panzerbusche (probably spelled that wrong) requiring hipfire headshots.
  • DigitalHype
    Solution:
    >find a friend
    >finds each other
    >????
    >PROFIT

Just saying. Honestly with how poorly they're designing these assignments I can't wait to see something like the C96 Carbine requiring 100m+ kills, or the Panzerbusche (probably spelled that wrong) requiring hipfire headshots.
    I understand a person's frustration at the poorly designed assignment. And almost certainly people are doing this. But, doing this (boosting) is technically considered cheating, and against the ToS, and you can get banned.
    A much better solution is for DICE to adjust this Mastery V to something appropriate for this weapon class, and aligned with the acheivability/difficulty level of the Mastery 1-4, and 6 tiers.
  • Desyatnik_Pansy
    1411 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Solution:
    >find a friend
    >finds each other
    >????
    >PROFIT

I understand a person's frustration at the poorly designed assignment. And almost certainly people are doing this. But, doing this (boosting) is technically considered cheating, and against the ToS, and you can get banned.
    A much better solution is for DICE to adjust this Mastery V to something appropriate for this weapon class, and aligned with the acheivability/difficulty level of the Mastery 1-4, and 6 tiers.
    You have significantly more faith than I do if you think they will even for a second consider adjusting the assignments. AFAIK There have only been "two" changes to assignments (I hesitate to consider the second a bit because it's changing future assignments while leaving existing ones untouched):
    -removing the hidden 3rd objective for the final assignments, aka, literally making them worse for players
    -new assignments from the Commando Carbine onwards. Initially, significantly easier than previous ones, but they've begun to get worse with the likes of the MAB and Karabin

Braddock even made a thread months back now asking for opinions on the assignments. Nothing came of that to my knowledge.
  • DigitalHype
    edited July 21
    You have significantly more faith than I do if you think they will even for a second consider adjusting the assignments. AFAIK There have only been "two" changes to assignments (I hesitate to consider the second a bit because it's changing future assignments while leaving existing ones untouched):
    -removing the hidden 3rd objective for the final assignments, aka, literally making them worse for players
    -new assignments from the Commando Carbine onwards. Initially, significantly easier than previous ones, but they've begun to get worse with the likes of the MAB and Karabin

Braddock even made a thread months back now asking for opinions on the assignments. Nothing came of that to my knowledge
    I've expressed the same sentiment regarding Braddock's thread. But, we have to at least try to do the right thing even if DICE doesn't.
  • TFBisquit
    1619 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Nothing is coming from it and as far as I'm concerned, it's all baked air they vented back then.
    Might as well take a cold shower since that is at least straight forward.
  • Pyr0Plazma
    375 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think at this point DICE does this on purpose as a secret **** you to the community.....
  • DigitalHype
    I think at this point DICE does this on purpose as a secret **** you to the community.....

I seriously doubt this. I don't think people at DICE, working on these assignments, have near enough emotion surrounding this game to induce that sort of behavior. This is more along the lines of a corporate EA machine which has slowly erroded away the passion of developers of this franchise.
    Hanlon's razor seems a much more likely explanation for why stuff like this is happening.