Karabin 1938M Mastery V assignment (hipfire kills) is absurd

Comments

• Pyr0Plazma
    375 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think at this point DICE does this on purpose as a secret **** you to the community.....

I seriously doubt this. I don't think people at DICE, working on these assignments, have near enough emotion surrounding this game to induce that sort of behavior. This is more along the lines of a corporate EA machine which has slowly erroded away the passion of developers of this franchise.
    Hanlon's razor seems a much more likely explanation for why stuff like this is happening.
    I wouldn't put that past them either. It's either intentional or clearly the work of someone who doesn't actually play the game. 
  • NuttysKunKs
    329 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    NuttysKunKs said:
    That’s easy. It’s great at hip fire.

How long did it take you to get Mastery V on it? Did you record your gameplay so I can learn from it?

I don’t see the point in grinding out challenges for the sake of a visual element, if it was functional yes I would.

So in other words I haven’t bothered, Ok, it’s not easy per say but it’s not like 25 hip shots with the ZH-29.

It can be done just not easy, which is my limited experience with the mastery’s. After all, you are suppose to be a master of that gun...
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1318 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I don't even unlock weapon skins. Too many assignments and bad objectives. I just want to play and not have to do stupid crap every round that's totally counter-intuitive so I can unlock a gold magazine for my gun.

What ever happened to the old style "Get 500 kills with X weapon" masteries?
  • The_BERG_366
    2313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    after reading this thread i just gave this a go. personally i found the lvl 4 to be more annoying (and it also took me more time personally) to do cause its hard to control your distances when playing non-attack defence gamemodes or playing as defenders. with the hipfire upgrade the gun actually has decent hipfire which is also usable on up to medium ranges when not shooting too quickly. in this challenge you at least have the freedom to engage whoever you want. i did it on rush on devastation on attackers, only took me couple of minutes to complete both mastery and proficency 5. altough i have to add that i didn't do the 25 hipfire kills in a round, but the 7 in a life for the mastery assignment. 
  • DigitalHype
    768 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    after reading this thread i just gave this a go. personally i found the lvl 4 to be more annoying (and it also took me more time personally) to do cause its hard to control your distances when playing non-attack defence gamemodes or playing as defenders. with the hipfire upgrade the gun actually has decent hipfire which is also usable on up to medium ranges when not shooting too quickly. in this challenge you at least have the freedom to engage whoever you want. i did it on rush on devastation on attackers, only took me couple of minutes to complete both mastery and proficency 5. altough i have to add that i didn't do the 25 hipfire kills in a round, but the 7 in a life for the mastery assignment. 
    Did you record your gameplay for your youtube channel? I'd love to see this happening (unedited) and learn from it.
    Did you have a dedicated medic keeping you alive when you inevitably get killed while having to get upclose for hipfire? Or did you manage to get 7 hipfire kill and no one else killed you while you were attempting to hide and reload?

• IDazzlerazzle
    419 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Dice once again proves these assignments are written by someone who doesn't play or played the game at all 
  • XRothbardX
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 23
    If you also feel this new weapon's mastery assigment (Requiring 7 hipfire kills in a life or 25 hipfire kills in a round), is fundamentally wrong for this weapon type (semi-auto rifle) and disproportinately difficult please go to EA answer HQ link and "me too" and provide feedback.

its almost as if they give you assignments that are completely opposite of the play style and strengths of these weapons in most cases. look at the mab as well, they should switch the final objectives for that weapon with the karabin imo and that would be a more fitting assignment for both. tbh, the wording on all their assignment just need to change, like all the ones that want you be attacking, in an assignment area, while hip firing, and so on. all the wordings promote a terrible play style and are mostly counter productive to objective and team play. 
    Post edited by XRothbardX on
  • The_BERG_366
    2313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 22
    The_BERG_366 said:

Did you record your gameplay for your youtube channel? I'd love to see this happening (unedited) and learn from it..Did you have a dedicated medic keeping you alive when you inevitably get killed while having to get upclose for hipfire? Or did you manage to get 7 hipfire kill and no one else killed you while you were attempting to hide and reload?

yeah I got it recorded. I play on ps4 though so it might be a bit different for pc...
    and no I didn't get revived, but I think got some health packs from a medic

I got two kills before this video starts... that's why I also get the proficiency after 13 hipfire kills.
    Post edited by The_BERG_366 on
  • firechickenfan
    456 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The_BERG_366 said:

Did you record your gameplay for your youtube channel? I'd love to see this happening (unedited) and learn from it..Did you have a dedicated medic keeping you alive when you inevitably get killed while having to get upclose for hipfire? Or did you manage to get 7 hipfire kill and no one else killed you while you were attempting to hide and reload?

yeah I got it recorded. I play on ps4 though so it might be a bit different for pc...

I got two kills before this video starts... that's why I also get the proficiency after 13 hipfire kills.

Nice job. Congrats.
  • DigitalHype
    768 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Thanks for sharing. Nice work and congrats. I think its a different ballgame on PC. Some were saying this is harder on console. I'm not sure I agree. You don't have all the prefiring players who are closet cheats running wallhacks. But, I guess the aiming is more difficult. Either way. Good job.
  • ElliotLH
    8208 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The_BERG_366 said:

GG Berg. If only I were as good as you (not sarcasm).
  • MatthewSkeet
    382 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The_BERG_366 said:

It's like you are playing completely different game.... the moment at the beginning when you run out of ammo and someone shoots at you.... I would die by a super bullet, other moments are basically blind players
    good job tho

• The_BERG_366
    The_BERG_366 said:

Thanks for sharing. Nice work and congrats. I think its a different ballgame on PC. Some were saying this is harder on console. I'm not sure I agree. You don't have all the prefiring players who are closet cheats running wallhacks. But, I guess the aiming is more difficult. Either way. Good job.

of course there are no cheaters on console and I would also say that overall the players here probabaly take the game slightly less serious as there isn't as many alternatives meaning players will stick to the game for longer even if they aren't that involved...
    however this is not how your average game goes and I cut out the first part where I didn't make any progress (except for two kills).
    I'm sure the guy that said he did it on pc could provide something similar (given that he recorded it).
    it's mostly about chosing the right gamemode and map. i couldn't do this in a breakthrough game or a conquest game most likely.
  • The_BERG_366
    The_BERG_366 said:

DigitalHype wrote: »
    The_BERG_366 said:

It's like you are playing completely different game.... the moment at the beginning when you run out of ammo and someone shoots at you.... I would die by a super bullet, other moments are basically blind players
    good job tho

the guy has a tromboncino, he headshots im dead, he bodyshots im not... he bodyshoted so...
    as I said before this is not an average game. however I do believe that one can force his "luck" to a degree.
  • oXGeminiXo
    355 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm surprised noone mentioned the p09 carbine lvl 3 challenges that should be hipfire kills and not under 10m. But yeah I am starting to find that in round/life of 20+ kills just by itself is becoming impossible because it seems the gamemodes either end too quickly or you get the squadmates that are fortifying some obscure area nowhere near any action, snipers outside the map, or you get 3 shots in on someone only to get the assist counts as kills but it doesnt really. Hit registration for me has gotten obscenely worse also on Xbox and it is fustrating with the new gun because it seems to run out of ammo due to first 3 shots dont register. I also feel like it has a bug where some clips only have 5 shots even though it is stating 10 because I have spawned found a enemy and get 1 shot from killing him only to have the reload animation trigger after only firing 5 rounds but I am not sure and need to remember to record it to count but I reload that gun after each gun fight due to small mag out of habit. I use to love the challenges but feel like they lack balance due to daily being a cakewalk and TOW being reasonable yet fustrating and weapons being just absurd and getting worse. It seems like these are not meant to show your profiency or mastery but more your luck on way too many factors and now it seems with more limited game modes it is harder to find a better solution.
  • DigitalHype

good job tho

This is exactly my reaction when I watched the video. It is so calm. It even sounds quiet, compared to this same map on PC. He's about to move in the open for more than 5 seconds. I've spend dozens of hours now trying to achieve this, and I'm a decent player. I think I've spent enough time to rule out bad luck. And, I don't see anything in this players skill that astounds vs. my own. Also, The_BERG_366 mentions he/she found Mastery IV to be more difficult/time consuming. For me Mastery IV was completed in minutes.
    I think its clear that on PC, this Mastery V is simply more difficult on PC. After watching this (and now some more Console gameplay), it doesn't even play like the same game. I'm convinced now, more than ever, that PC has a serious problem with cheating. It isn't simply a higher skill level of PC players. I know that probably plays a factor. But, there is something else going on for sure.
  • ElliotLH
    8208 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 23

good job tho

This is exactly my reaction when I watched the video. It is so calm. It even sounds quiet, compared to this same map on PC. He's about to move in the open for more than 5 seconds. I've spend dozens of hours now trying to achieve this, and I'm a decent player. I think I've spent enough time to rule out bad luck. And, I don't see anything in this players skill that astounds vs. my own. Also, The_BERG_366 mentions he/she found Mastery IV to be more difficult/time consuming. For me Mastery IV was completed in minutes.
    I think its clear that on PC, this Mastery V is simply more difficult on PC. After watching this (and now some more Console gameplay), it doesn't even play like the same game. I'm convinced now, more than ever, that PC has a serious problem with cheating. It isn't simply a higher skill level of PC players. I know that probably plays a factor. But, there is something else going on for sure.
    It's not that much easier on console either, as my repeated failed attempt attest to. It's just a bad assignment. 
  • The_BERG_366
    MatthewSkeet said:

good job tho

.I think its clear that on PC, this Mastery V is simply more difficult on PC. After watching this (and now some more Console gameplay), it doesn't even play like the same game. I'm convinced now, more than ever, that PC has a serious problem with cheating. It isn't simply a higher skill level of PC players. I know that probably plays a factor. But, there is something else going on for sure.

did you try it on rush as well?
    just watched some pc rush gameplay and don't really see a difference regarding how calm or quiet it is...
    also mastery 4 took me maybe about 30-40 minutes (in contrast to the 10 minutes of mastery 5). I simply found it personally more annoying cause you have less controll over its completion than in mastery 5.
    finally I don't believe its just straight up more difficult on pc, its all relative. this is also supported by the fact thst console players seem to struggle just as much with the assignments.
  • DigitalHype

just watched some pc rush gameplay and don't really see a difference regarding how calm or quiet it is...
    also mastery 4 took me maybe about 30-40 minutes (in contrast to the 10 minutes of mastery 5). I simply found it personally more annoying cause you have less controll over its completion than in mastery 5.
    finally I don't believe its just straight up more difficult on pc, its all relative. this is also supported by the fact thst console players seem to struggle just as much with the assignments.
    You played well, and made good positioning and engagement decisions. You earned it. I'm not trying to take that away. I'm certain this is also difficult on Console, even through you video made it looks easy. Good players do that. :)
    The key difference is somehow you were able to get 7 encounters in a row which were mostly 1 on 1. Except for those two at the B MCOM before it exploded which you came upon while one was prone, and they were burning.
    Yes. I've spent hours on rush mode (and others) attempting this Mastery V. There are way too many enemies who instantly become aware of my position and rush me, or snipe at range, while or after engaging a target. Yes, I'm patient. Checking angles, minimap, etc before engaging the first target. In your gameplay video, you're able to move between enemies an hipfire them, and almost never have another attacker engage you. Most of your hipfire kills are in a one-on-one scenario.
    I will get the hipfire kill 95% of the time, if the enemy is unaware (sometimes I miss a shot or it doesn't register). If we are both aware of each others position I only win about 65%. Keep in mind the enemy is using full auto SMG/AR. If neither of us miss it becomes a DPS battle, and hipfire SAR will often lose if both enemies start at same health.
    But, the opportunties you had, just do not happen for me on PC as often. I might get lucky and that happens 1-4 times in a row. But, this just isn't going to happen 7 times in a row. The instant I begin a hipfire on an enemy, there are almost always 1 or 2 other immediately rushing in at me from out of nowhere. If I'm reloading, that usually means end of streak. No matter a person's skill, they are not going to be able to consistently (7 times in a row) defend against multiple enemies with a 10 round magazine while hip firing a SAR. Yes, I switch to secondary (Revolver), when this happens. But, you're not always going to win that race.

• MatthewSkeet
    382 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The_BERG_366 said:

You played well, and made good positioning and engagement decisions. You earned it. I'm not trying to take that away. I'm certain this is also difficult on Console, even through you video made it looks easy. Good players do that. :).The key difference is somehow you were able to get 7 encounters in a row
    which were mostly 1 on 1. Except for those two at the B MCOM before it
    exploded which you came upon while one was prone, and they were burning.
    Yes. I've spent hours on rush mode (and others) attempting this Mastery V. There are way too many enemies who instantly become aware of my position and rush me, or snipe at range, while or after engaging a target. Yes, I'm patient. Checking angles, minimap, etc before engaging the first target. In your gameplay video, you're able to move between enemies an hipfire them, and almost never have another attacker engage you. Most of your hipfire kills are in a one-on-one scenario..I will get the hipfire kill 95% of the time, if the enemy is unaware (sometimes I miss a shot or it doesn't register). If we are both aware of each others position I only win about 65%. Keep in mind the enemy is using full auto SMG/AR. If neither of us miss it becomes a DPS battle, and hipfire SAR will often lose if both enemies start at same health..But, the opportunties you had, just do not happen for me on PC as often. I might get lucky and that happens 1-4 times in a row. But, this just isn't going to happen 7 times in a row. The instant I begin a hipfire on an enemy, there are almost always 1 or 2 other immediately rushing in at me from out of nowhere. If I'm reloading, that usually means end of streak. No matter a person's skill, they are not going to be able to consistently (7 times in a row) defend against multiple enemies with a 10 round magazine while hip firing a SAR. Yes, I switch to secondary (Revolver), when this happens. But, you're not always going to win that race.

I don't think dice ever attempts to even play their own game. If they did they would realise how incompetent they are