Weekly Debrief

Does better armament mean nothing?

Leftlane1
postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Him: at least 1 plate, full health, green mp40
Me: heavy armor, full health, pink stg44

We are standing about 6-8 feet apart and open up. He takes me down first.

How?

Comments

• DaMutha1
    1267 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    He hit you in the head while you threw potatoes at him
  • Hawxxeye
    6026 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 29
    I do not know,  I was emptying an LMG at a guy then he turns and kills me in less than a sec with his assault rifle, I had 2 armor plates.
    stupid broken game mode, I wish they did not had assignments for it. This infantry BR fad should had never been part of Battlefield but sadly EA thought they could print money with BR and the BF name
  • YourLocalPlumber
    3027 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 31
    Because you're bad? A couple of days ago I went 1v2 on the last circle against teamers. I had 100 armor and 65HP. Those lowest life forms  had 100 armor/142 HP and 150 armor/full HP. I had no extra armor nor heals. Still took them both down with a blue Sten at about 25ish meters with juicy headshots for both of them in a straight firefight.

I don't know what weapons they had. One of them who was shooting me had an StG44 by the sound of it. But considering that they were teamers in the last circle, I can bet they had pink weapons.
  • TheFieryHotSauce
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The answer in this case and all other cases like this is that he had better aim than you. 
  • sabootheshaman
    1167 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I took 3 out late game with a green stg the other night. I only had medium armour. They all dropped pink guns including 2 stg. 1 had heavy armour and 1 had medium.

It’s pretty easy to do once you learn the nuances of the game. I’ll take an STG every time as I’ve got my gameplay tuned to it. Same for the Gewehr to a degree.

I won’t touch an LMG unless I have too in firestorm.

The other big contributing factor is Halvoy has a lot of terrain hard cover. I really like what Criterion did with the map. It rewards good tactical play.

Sorry OP. You just got outplayed.
  • ChickenTheTank
    448 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Because you're bad? A couple of days ago I went 1v2 on the last circle against teamers. I had 100 armor and 65HP. Those lowest life forms  had 100 armor/142 HP and 150 armor/full HP. I had no extra armor nor heals. Still took them both down with a blue Sten at about 25ish meters with juicy headshots for both of them in a straight firefight.

I don't know what weapons they had. One of them who was shooting me had an StG44 by the sound of it. But considering that they were teamers in the last circle, I can bet they had pink weapons.

I feel like you're exaggerating. You can't know exactly how much hp the enemy has during or after an encounter. Makes me feel like this is probably based off something you might remember, but I doubt it went down like this.
  • sabootheshaman
    1167 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I feel like you're exaggerating. You can't know exactly how much hp the enemy has during or after an encounter. Makes me feel like this is probably based off something you might remember, but I doubt it went down like this.
    You know it tells you the damage you are doing with the hits? Pretty easy to get a reading on someones armour levels when its just you shooting them also. 
  • ChickenTheTank
    ChickenTheTank said:

YourLocalPlumber wrote: »

You know it tells you the damage you are doing with the hits? Pretty easy to get a reading on someones armour levels when its just you shooting them also. 

You know they've been trying to fix the "damage done" because it hasn't displayed the correct values consistently for months now right?
  • jroggs
    576 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ChickenTheTank said:

You know they've been trying to fix the "damage done" because it hasn't displayed the correct values consistently for months now right?
    That UI bug hasn't affected Firestorm from what I've seen.
  • sabootheshaman
    What @jroggs said.

@ChickenTheTank don’t take it as a slight on you mate. Honestly you just need to learn firestorm better. The mode now contains a lot of players who have solid map and mechanical knowledge of the mode.

For instance, here in Oceania I can almost guarantee who I’m coming up against in the final 2 squads as the community is small and I know the regulars will come through due to that intel and skillset.

I’d suggest playing at least 4 rounds a day where you get to final few squads or top 5 in solos.
  • YourLocalPlumber
    3027 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 7
    ChickenTheTank said:

It doesn't affect Firestorm.

Here is the exact clip that I've described.

• ChickenTheTank
    What @jroggs said.

@ChickenTheTank don’t take it as a slight on you mate. Honestly you just need to learn firestorm better. The mode now contains a lot of players who have solid map and mechanical knowledge of the mode.

For instance, here in Oceania I can almost guarantee who I’m coming up against in the final 2 squads as the community is small and I know the regulars will come through due to that intel and skillset.

I’d suggest playing at least 4 rounds a day where you get to final few squads or top 5 in solos.

I don't need solo advice from you. You can look at my battlefield tracker firestorm stats (or whatever stats site you use) if you want (WhoLikeChicken). I don't get to play a ton, but when I do, I always do very well. And I'm better than the majority of non- competitive players out there.

Still off topic. While teaming in solos is definitely an issue, I think it is being exaggerated slightly. There's no real way to differentiate people playing together, against people who are opportunistic and wait for enemies to engage each other before joining the engagement. Outside of extremely obvious instances, there's no real way to know and it's just guessing.

On topic: @Leftlane1 at that range, and considering the guns, I would expect the other guy to win that encounter almost as much as not. The extreme close range gives his SMG an advantage. He likely didn't miss shots because it was so close, so the pink vs green wouldn't matter, and might have even given you a disadvantage because of the 3X scope at super close range. If he caught even 1 headshot hit in his shots and you don't, there goes half your armor advantage right away. And if he got one, he probably gets 2 or 3 because the mp40 recoil is very easy to deal with.
  • jroggs
    576 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I don't need solo advice from you. You can look at my battlefield tracker firestorm stats (or whatever stats site you use) if you want (WhoLikeChicken). I don't get to play a ton, but when I do, I always do very well. And I'm better than the majority of non- competitive players out there.

Battlefield Tracker's Firestorm stats are completely wrong. They started tracking late and they don't correctly track each round. For example, BF Tracker says I have a 75% win rate in Solos. I'm not bad, but I sure as heck am not winning 3/4 of my games.
  • ChickenTheTank
    jroggs wrote: »

Battlefield Tracker's Firestorm stats are completely wrong. They started tracking late and they don't correctly track each round. For example, BF Tracker says I have a 75% win rate in Solos. I'm not bad, but I sure as heck am not winning 3/4 of my games.

Ok, I tried to go back up the convo at hand. No disrespect or anything over this. But I'll play :smile:

1. Battlefield tracker started tracking late, and is incomplete.
    - I would argue all stats before the vehicle-exit-death bug appeared and was fixed should be thrown out anyway. Incomplete data is still more of an idea than no data. As time goes on it will become more and more accurate anyway. It only needs 40 matches of data minimum to give a pretty good idea of your regular stats. All of this is false in a research setting, and the best you're going to get (acceptable) in an applied setting. People make busines decisions worth millions of dollars at stake based off worse data than BT.

2. Bf5 says you have a 75% win rate.
    -I would bet money they're using their top 10 algorithm from either PUBG or Fortnite. Whichever one they did first. Which still would make this at least semi usable. Probably not, but who knows. It's not exactly the BF5 is in a good state with its native stats either. If you deem the above likely, and acceptable, then you should see I can hold my own.

The point is, if you want to talk balance, tactics, locations, drop spots, etc., then great! But I don't need to be told to learn the mode and map better. I think if you look back at my assessment of the encounter, you'll see a reasonable explanation for the OPs grievance.
  • jroggs
    jroggs wrote: »

Ok, I tried to go back up the convo at hand. No disrespect or anything over this. But I'll play :smile:

1. Battlefield tracker started tracking late, and is incomplete.
    - I would argue all stats before the vehicle-exit-death bug appeared and was fixed should be thrown out anyway. Incomplete data is still more of an idea than no data. As time goes on it will become more and more accurate anyway. It only needs 40 matches of data minimum to give a pretty good idea of your regular stats. All of this is false in a research setting, and the best you're going to get (acceptable) in an applied setting. People make busines decisions worth millions of dollars at stake based off worse data than BT.

2. Bf5 says you have a 75% win rate.
    -I would bet money they're using their top 10 algorithm from either PUBG or Fortnite. Whichever one they did first. Which still would make this at least semi usable. Probably not, but who knows. It's not exactly the BF5 is in a good state with its native stats either. If you deem the above likely, and acceptable, then you should see I can hold my own.

The point is, if you want to talk balance, tactics, locations, drop spots, etc., then great! But I don't need to be told to learn the mode and map better. I think if you look back at my assessment of the encounter, you'll see a reasonable explanation for the OPs grievance.
    Fair enough. I was just trying to keep the record straight factually, but looking back over this thread it kinda looks like I was singling you out and that wasn't my intent.

I agree with you on the exaggeration surrounding teaming, and YLP's video above is an unintentionally good example of people seeing teaming where it probably isn't.