Planes too OP, or AA too weak?

Hawkhill_no
30 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
edited July 21
62/9 for a bomber pilot on conquest, even though I used AA extensively - no effect on plane, just me getting killed over and over and over by him. Not fair after I have been pumping mag after mag into the plane  - not fair in a game anyway, even if realistic, Its not fair that 1 players should be able too do that.

Comments

• MarxistDictator
    4846 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It'd be even less fun for the bomber pilot if they were so weak 1 AA gun could drop them easily. I know current BF players hate vehicles but let's get some perspective.
  • idk1233211
    632 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    its not fair when they took domination offline. atleast you can play your favourite mode still.
  • SirBobdk
    3933 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Any chance this happend on fjeld.
  • ForbidRhyme
    100 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ehh, I think AA vs planes are fine. The plane controls definitely need to be tweaked. Dogfights are awful. Who ever gets behind the other first almost always win.
  • NuttysKunKs
    278 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I think they should add more mobile AA to main base. Hardly anyone uses them but the ones who do can make a difference.
  • Noodlesocks
    2660 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    AA is definitely too weak. Can literally fly straight at them with bombs and you will be fine. I've honestly started to just use the MG42 with incendiary rounds cause it's about as effective.
  • ForbidRhyme
    100 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    AA is definitely too weak. Can literally fly straight at them with bombs and you will be fine. I've honestly started to just use the MG42 with incendiary rounds cause it's about as effective.

You get 1 chance to hit them with bombs. If you miss your toast, unless they are an awful shot. If there is more than one AA you are definitely toast. I think it's a good balance.

But I think that there needs to be more towable AAs, so you can pull them to good spots as some placement is awful.
  • Noodlesocks
    2660 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 21

You get 1 chance to hit them with bombs. If you miss your toast, unless they are an awful shot. If there is more than one AA you are definitely toast. I think it's a good balance.

But I think that there needs to be more towable AAs, so you can pull them to good spots as some placement is awful.
    You only need one chance unless you are an awful shot. Bombs are the easiest things to use in the game.
  • jbrasher02
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    AA, especially mobile AA, absolutely hammer planes. One guy sitting at the back of the map in a MAA can hit planes in 3/4 of the map. Flak shouldn’t be such a force in the air like it is. It may not necessarily always shoot planes down, but it does prevent dogfights and air combat from happening and I think it’s a major reason why air combat in this game is lacking. There are hardly any dogfights that aren’t ruined by guys sitting in flak guns now. Air combat should be determined by the guys actually flying not the guys on the ground.

I think with MAA being so powerful it encourages guys to give up on flying after they get shot down. Learning to fly isn’t all that hard you just have to actually fly and not run to flak after you get shot down. Flying is much more fun and rewarding than camping at the back of the map. With more people learning to fly it would lead to more skilled pilots and wouldn’t be so easy for one guy to dominate everyone
  • SirSpectacle
    756 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    AA should get a range reduction and a significant damage boost so that it's an effective point-defence tool instead of something to annoy planes from across the map. And all AA should be equally effective vs fighters and bombers, the current situation where bombers can just tank AA shots and easily fly straight at it and drop bombs is a joke.
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1303 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I don't use planes, or really die from them that often, so I can't really speak on the subject, but I can say that BFV is the only Battlefield game with planes where infantry is utterly useless against them. BF1's planes were super strong as was AA and pilots cried constantly about it. BFV's planes are weak and AA is weak. Planes seem to have absolutely no bearing on any match, because most big bombing runs result in a flurry of revives so the pilot's kills on the scoreboard look impressive, but really it's maybe a quarter of those, tops.
  • Woodlbrad
    562 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think AA is in a pretty good place atm and fighters are a little to strong.
  • DingoKillr
    3472 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Planes are weak, AA is OP and the sky is blue. Which 1 group has been saying
    every BF whether true or not, all because they a caught up in their little world of pilots must rule the game. They want 1 player in a vehicle to dominate but cry foul if that vehicle is a AA.

Fighters and fighter bombers should be relatively easy for SAA or MAA to destroy. This should be no different to halftrack alone behind the lines.

MAA and SAA need range they are meant to cover other ground units and you still lose a tank for a MAA. With Action man, Boys and tanks the MAA has no chance in the open on most maps, then you have fighter bombers and bombers which still make mince out of MAA.

Current AA does not do enough damage to bombers, bombers need to suffer more damage or more chance of disabled parts.

• MarxistDictator
    4846 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    What about your invincible AA tank sitting next to a repair station out of bounds? How is that not 10000 times cheaper than aircraft? Oh wait yeah it doesn't fly.

Then in the middle of that wall of whining you claim pilots just want the AA nerfed because it kills them, while whining for nerfs for planes because they kill you. Boo hoo.
  • StormSaxon
    565 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 22
    Yes. It was a deliberate device deployed to show the whiney nature of pilots. Perhaps you didn’t pick up on the sarcasm. Or the bit where I said “not serious”.
    Really I’m used to the “chopper lover” players and their entitlement.
    They cry for everything to be nerfed that inflicts 1-5 damage to their plane/chopper yet the suggestion their planes be nerfed has them triggered. Lol.
    ... and even the AA that hides in spawn is killable with 1 hit which stops it being invincible. Though a bad pilot might need 2-3 tries... poor babies.

• krliathbirdeate
    269 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 22
    ???
    A.. idk first off your not suppose to just shoot stuff in the air soon as you see a bomber since that give away you location. thats probably the reason why you're dying and you don't have to shoot them right away since aa fire range is amazing

Second aa is not weak its just aa is meant to be helping fighter or helping team pilots and it has a ability to kill an fighter if you hit them in the right angle same goes for bomber and unless the bomber is stupid they are not going to just get hit by a stationary weapen.

Third if aa were stronger than this what about fighter? Low heath you could say they are fast but i am able to hit all my shoot with a fighter and get there health mostly low up to like 20~30 health?

Firth if your just sitting in an aa for no reason for half the time your shooting at an pilot they will kill you no fun fact no rocket science ;;; think about it like this you are out in the open with no cover with this one blowing light that shows your location. Think about it really.

Fifth
    Why are you not using aa tanks ? If you are telling me you still lose to a bomber using aa tank its either your team is complety stupid and is going non fighter and just bomber the hall round and the enemy bombers have you lock all the time freely in the air because they know where you are and you're not moving while shooting take cover while shooting or go to areas for cover that has cover simple

Six

Both AA in both german and valentine level 4 upgrade

Such as the fire bullet for german and the shot gun rounds are for ground and they are not for air.

Seven.
    If you want to complain about fighter or bomber. Go fight them in air. Its that simple and if your going to complain about air complain about the **** up spawn system where you are spawn in this open air where people can spawn camp you in the air or if your spawn timing is bad and the enemy already had 2 fighters in the air you have almost no chance of winning

Last fact

If you are complaining about fjell its a annoying map and dice probably just copy and past what they made in the past and just put white colour on to it but fjell. If you're a single aa and you are shooting a bomber in the air alone when there is about 7 aa gun in the hall map than wtf do you expect???? there is like 3 bomber in fjell normally and your not suppose to shoot a hall mag its more effective if you shoot while resting before it get fully use

Aa can be op fighter can be op just like guns

Its all base on the person using it and second you can't convince this people that something is op just give up with it. You know stupid people like to tell you something right and they think they are good time to time. Ya

Also you do have a point good bombers will never lose to a stationary aa or an aa tank
  • MarxistDictator
    edited July 22
    If a plane even gets near you when you're out of bounds only focused on what aircraft are doing you have way bigger problems than planes lmfao. Like how do you manage to coordinate your non voluntary functions at that pond-scum level of brain activity.

And even if bombs can OHK, MAA can move lolol it has tracks and moves fast. It is easy to position the turret perpendicular to your tracks and literally move out of the way, but apparently this never occurred to you since the big bad aircraft are so cheap they root you to the spot in fear.

This is literally a git gud, bad players whining about vehicles (big surprise) and their only suggestions are to make the vehicles they never use weaker (shocker). Because to them vehicles should never kill them because its 'cheap' (because having no air cover of your own means you should not be getting killed by aircraft while on foot, obviously). Play the game modes without vehicles if you can't stand them, don't mess with the actual gameplay because you don't have enough experience at it (yes this means doing more than just playing infantry and making lists of things that kill you that are OP).
  • StormSaxon
    565 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I agree bad pilots moan a demand AA gets nerfed.
    I like planes and vehicles as they are. Maybe Tiger/Churchill armour needs a minor buff.

But what I see here is planes killing infantry.
    AA tickling planes.
    Pilots crying.
  • MarxistDictator
    edited July 22
    yes and here you are in another thread complaining that they are cheap, but the AA tank in deployment is fair game (I think you even claimed it was its only defense in another topic). You're right, you are totally unbiased and not whining, as I can see from all those posts where you whine.

also lol @ wanting certain aspects of the game realistic just to nerf things. AA guns were actually useless against armored bombers in WW2, and a single AA shouldn't even register as a threat to one.