Weekly Debrief

Unable to launch my game after the patch.[Solved]

YourLocalPlumber
2897 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
edited July 26
So, I've been away for a couple of weeks, now I come back and my game doesn't start. Phenomenal.

When I try launching it, it opens up BF5 window, it stays black for a few seconds and then just crashes without any error. Yes I've tried repairing the game, re-installing it etc. Nothing works.

Anyone got a solution to this problem?
Post edited by YourLocalPlumber on

Comments

• VincentNZ
    2937 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I read on Discord of a guy with the same problem, who said he had to do a force update a second time. Then it worked. No idea how that works though in Origin.
  • YourLocalPlumber
    2897 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ said:
    I read on Discord of a guy with the same problem, who said he had to do a force update a second time. Then it worked. No idea how that works though in Origin.
    Thanks, that helped. There is an option in Origin to "Check for Updates", it forced BF5 to update one more time, and now it works.
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2034 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Returned from vacation, happily played BF1, updated to 1903, played some more BF1. Decided to check how the new patch on BFV work on the new Windows version, quits to desktop without errors. Force updated six times, repaired the game once, restarted everything, nothing helps. I'm not even sorry.
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2034 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yup, same after the Marita update.
  • spychodelics
    220 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hey, i am unable to patch, it either downloads, tries to install and greets me with an error message, or it doesnt start downloading at all. 

This origin software is a mess! 
  • MachoFantast1c0
    Yup, same after the Marita update.
    Needed to update my GPU driver. Still stutters regardless of FPS.