How is Squad Leader decided, and why am I never it?

Halcyon_Creed_N7
1530 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Seriously, 75 hours in and I've been Squad Leader twice. I can have the most points in the squad and the bozo going 1-10 gets promoted. I don't get it.

Comments

• iamwiener
    262 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The one calling for orders will become squad leader if the current leader doesn't give order within a certain time. When the squad leader leaves the server, the 2nd longest squad member gets promoted.
  • Tosasan_HUN
    105 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Do You Want to Be Squad Leader?

If you like taking the reins, become Squad Leader by asking the current one to promote you, request orders often when none are being issued, or leave your squad and create a new. But please, don’t spam the Request Order message if you already have a competent Squad Leader.

Everyone should get some time behind the leadership wheel, but if you aren’t feeling up to it, you can relinquish the role by promoting another squad member to the role via the Squad organization menu, or by not issuing orders until you are automatically demoted. Just don’t be a back-seat soldier after you give up the title.

• Zviko0
    1718 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I must be the only one who doesn't want the responsibility of being a squad leader. I like to obey orders though. Games can be very fun with a good squad leader who doesn't play for points but to win.
  • Noodlesocks
    3530 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You know you can create your own squad and the game will auto populate it with new joiners and at end of round?