Suppresion needs a buff

LINKERBLOX
40 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
A medic with a suomi killed me while i was suppresing the hell out of him with the MG42 and the suppresion perk, suppresion needs some sort of effect on accuracy

Comments

• KMAsterisk
    201 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    A suomi user shot down my V1, and I believe the medic also used the combat medic perk to ADAD spam out of my artillery barrage. Video? No, I forgot to record but it happened. DICE plz nerf.
  • LINKERBLOX
    No it doesn't suppression was the worst addition dice ever made. Thank god its gone.

Why?
  • LinkZeppeloyd
    770 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 27
    No it doesn't suppression was the worst addition dice ever made. Thank god its gone.

I think its tied with 3d spotting, but yeah both are horrible hand-holding mechanics. DICE believes its community is helpless and feeble so they implement as many “dont worry honey the bad people wont get you” mechanics as possible.

And no coincidence that these were both introduced with hand-holding map designs where people don’t have to worry about being flanked. Metro et. al. Just plop down and shoot down hallways and don’t worry honey, the game will spot for you and even when you miss it will cast a magic spell on your enemy for you!

>_<
  • filthmcnasty
    324 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I loved how suppression worked in BF3&4. BF1 made no sense.
  • 4Primeval
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I agree. Suppression needs a serious buff! Its stupid how you pick the suppression class and try to cover your team mates and the objectives by suppressing that annoying sniper, only for him to HS you? like why have a suppression class in the first place if it doesn't work?
  • dandop_oq7r7ppf
    207 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    LINKERBLOX wrote: »
    A medic with a suomi killed me while i was suppresing the hell out of him with the MG42 and the suppresion perk, suppresion needs some sort of effect on accuracy

Why do you need a game breaking mechanic to get kills?
    The whole concept of suppression effect is ridiculous.
    Yeah it’s supposed to replicate the “fear” of being shot, but this is a game. Not real life.
    The old suppression effect punished good player while rewarding bad players.

I suggest you rely less on game breaking mechanics, and practice more on working on your aim.
  • bran1986
    5583 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 28
    If you lost to a Suomi with a mg42 at a range you think suppression is a viable tactic, you need to work on your aim.
  • LINKERBLOX

Yeah it’s supposed to replicate the “fear” of being shot, but this is a game. Not real life.

I suggest you rely less on game breaking mechanics, and practice more on working on your aim.

My aim is good, i hit him and he was fast enough to get into cover heal himself get out and HS me
  • dandop_oq7r7ppf
    207 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

My aim is good, i hit him and he was fast enough to get into cover heal himself get out and HS me

Well I don’t think wanting the developers to re-introduce a game breaking mechanic is the way to go.
  • LINKERBLOX

Well I don’t think wanting the developers to re-introduce a game breaking mechanic is the way to go.

How is it game breaking
  • dICEHOUSE
    551 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Was the bipod deployed with the MG42 ?? Because if there was any kind of distance and you were ADS, you don't lose that fight ( unless you had like 10 health)...not to mention the time it takes to heal, pop out, spot you, then knock you off unless he was right on top of you.

• LINKERBLOX
    dICEHOUSE wrote: »

LINKERBLOX said:

LINKERBLOX said:

Was the bipod deployed with the MG42 ?? Because if there was any kind of distance and you were ADS, you don't lose that fight ( unless you had like 10 health)...not to mention the time it takes to heal, pop out, spot you, then knock you off unless he was right on top of you.

He got out of cover in a slight different position, my gun was overheating so i had to lower my rate of fire, my head was exposed, he already knew where i was, he wasnt that far neither too close, i was a bit damaged
  • Godmodegta
    165 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 28
    Isn't that good thing? a suomi with 20 rounds that can compete with Mg43 that has 300 rounds and 900 fire rate and also pretty accurate, usually best weapon take out a mg42 is Sniper rifle, or rifle , or if you can flank etc...

• dICEHOUSE
    551 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    dICEHOUSE wrote: »

LINKERBLOX said:

LINKERBLOX said:

He got out of cover in a slight different position, my gun was overheating so i had to lower my rate of fire, my head was exposed, he already knew where i was, he wasnt that far neither too close, i was a bit damaged
    In a way, you alluded to as to why you died; Especially you mentioning you had to reduce rate of fire ( which would negate suppression anyways) Sounds like you have a bad mix of Specializations  based upon your play style.
  • dandop_oq7r7ppf
    edited July 28

How is it game breaking

Because if your aim is on target the suppression effect causes the shot to be inaccurate.
    So it punishes good players, and rewards bad players who simply pray and spray
  • YourLocalPlumber
    2709 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Its funny how only terrible players are asking for a mechanic that can carry their trash aim in a firefight.