Suppresion needs a buff

Comments

  • filthmcnasty
    421 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It does not punish good players nor reward bad ones. It takes effect on who gets shot at first, obviously. If you are getting shot at first, you are not good.

    On a map like Hamada with wide open spaces great for distance kills and hard to traverse it would be nice to have another viable approach, other than spamming smoke, to advance. LMG and MMG users could lay down suppressing fire to throw off defenders aim and try to pin them down so advancing players could get closer, and then move up themselves, or die, and spawn on a teammate.

    If you're going to use the "rewards bad players" arguement, why not clamor for the removal of destructible environments? Why clear a room when a "bad player" could just blow it up?
  • filthmcnasty
    421 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    LINKERBLOX wrote: »
    LINKERBLOX wrote: »
    LINKERBLOX wrote: »
    A medic with a suomi killed me while i was suppresing the hell out of him with the MG42 and the suppresion perk, suppresion needs some sort of effect on accuracy

    Why do you need a game breaking mechanic to get kills?
    The whole concept of suppression effect is ridiculous.
    Yeah it’s supposed to replicate the “fear” of being shot, but this is a game. Not real life.
    The old suppression effect punished good player while rewarding bad players.

    I suggest you rely less on game breaking mechanics, and practice more on working on your aim.

    My aim is good, i hit him and he was fast enough to get into cover heal himself get out and HS me

    Well I don’t think wanting the developers to re-introduce a game breaking mechanic is the way to go.

    How is it game breaking

    Because if your aim is on target the suppression effect causes the shot to be inaccurate.
    So it punishes good players, and rewards bad players who simply pray and spray

    It didn't "break" every game from BF3 to BF1
  • SwolasaurusFlex
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It does not punish good players nor reward bad ones. It takes effect on who gets shot at first, obviously. If you are getting shot at first, you are not good.

    On a map like Hamada with wide open spaces great for distance kills and hard to traverse it would be nice to have another viable approach, other than spamming smoke, to advance. LMG and MMG users could lay down suppressing fire to throw off defenders aim and try to pin them down so advancing players could get closer, and then move up themselves, or die, and spawn on a teammate.

    If you're going to use the "rewards bad players" arguement, why not clamor for the removal of destructible environments? Why clear a room when a "bad player" could just blow it up?
    Did you ever think that some good players actually use suppression to their advantage by pre-firing certain locations that lots of players usually round to force the suppression effect on others to allow them to get the upper hand?

    It was great in BF4 where you could spam pot shots at people as a recon with the g17 then just whip out that sniper rifle to kill them because they couldn't hit you. Oh wait, that requires using a little thought apart from "hold mouse 1 on person" players that most of the battlefield community now consists of. I bet the biggest whiners about suppression only played metro or lockers over the last few years.
  • filthmcnasty
    421 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    filthmcnasty said:
    It does not punish good players nor reward bad ones. It takes effect on who gets shot at first, obviously. If you are getting shot at first, you are not good.



    On a map like Hamada with wide open spaces great for distance kills and hard to traverse it would be nice to have another viable approach, other than spamming smoke, to advance. LMG and MMG users could lay down suppressing fire to throw off defenders aim and try to pin them down so advancing players could get closer, and then move up themselves, or die, and spawn on a teammate.



    If you're going to use the "rewards bad players" arguement, why not clamor for the removal of destructible environments? Why clear a room when a "bad player" could just blow it up?

    Did you ever think that some good players actually use suppression to their advantage by pre-firing certain locations that lots of players usually round to force the suppression effect on others to allow them to get the upper hand?

    It was great in BF4 where you could spam pot shots at people as a recon with the g17 then just whip out that sniper rifle to kill them because they couldn't hit you. Oh wait, that requires using a little thought apart from "hold mouse 1 on person" players that most of the battlefield community now consists of. I bet the biggest whiners about suppression only played metro or lockers over the last few years.

    It was a great mechanic that allowed for more tactical gameplay, and also set it apart from other shooters. I always used my LMG to suppress enemies while closing in on them and wiped them out once I flanked their cover.
    The current suppression in BF5 is pointless. You spot someone all while putting a giant "kill me first" sign on your back from your suppressive fire. It gets you killed more than you help your team from spotting. Unless they bring it back to where it was in BF3&4, I'd rather see it removed because it currently serves no point
  • Venomenal1
    289 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Its funny how only terrible players are asking for a mechanic that can carry their trash aim in a firefight.
    the logic ^^^ 
    😂😂😂
  • dandop_oq7r7ppf
    222 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It does not punish good players nor reward bad ones. It takes effect on who gets shot at first, obviously. If you are getting shot at first, you are not good.

    On a map like Hamada with wide open spaces great for distance kills and hard to traverse it would be nice to have another viable approach, other than spamming smoke, to advance. LMG and MMG users could lay down suppressing fire to throw off defenders aim and try to pin them down so advancing players could get closer, and then move up themselves, or die, and spawn on a teammate.

    If you're going to use the "rewards bad players" arguement, why not clamor for the removal of destructible environments? Why clear a room when a "bad player" could just blow it up?

    Your post basically confirmed my point.
    You think getting shot at first makes you a bad player. Okay so let’s say I’m a pro player who shoots first but completely miss every single shot. Than the bad player lines up a perfect headshot, and he now misses because the suppression effect makes his bullets become inaccurate.


    Sorry but you are wrong. Plain and simple.
    The good player is the accurate player.
    That’s how the game currently is, and if Battlefield ever wants a competitive scene, that is how it needs to remain.

    Also forget about your BF1 days and using suppression to disrupt snipers.
    MMGs are lazor accurate now, and can melt people at mid range.
    If you wanna compete with a Sniper, grab a sniper rifle, or SLR.
    Your pray and spray days are over lol.
  • SwolasaurusFlex
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It does not punish good players nor reward bad ones. It takes effect on who gets shot at first, obviously. If you are getting shot at first, you are not good.

    On a map like Hamada with wide open spaces great for distance kills and hard to traverse it would be nice to have another viable approach, other than spamming smoke, to advance. LMG and MMG users could lay down suppressing fire to throw off defenders aim and try to pin them down so advancing players could get closer, and then move up themselves, or die, and spawn on a teammate.

    If you're going to use the "rewards bad players" arguement, why not clamor for the removal of destructible environments? Why clear a room when a "bad player" could just blow it up?

    Your post basically confirmed my point.
    You think getting shot at first makes you a bad player. Okay so let’s say I’m a pro player who shoots first but completely miss every single shot. Than the bad player lines up a perfect headshot, and he now misses because the suppression effect makes his bullets become inaccurate.


    Sorry but you are wrong. Plain and simple.
    The good player is the accurate player.
    That’s how the game currently is, and if Battlefield ever wants a competitive scene, that is how it needs to remain.

    Also forget about your BF1 days and using suppression to disrupt snipers.
    MMGs are lazor accurate now, and can melt people at mid range.
    If you wanna compete with a Sniper, grab a sniper rifle, or SLR.
    Your pray and spray days are over lol.
    lol mag-dump spray n pray is the only way many players currently play BF5. Wtf you talking about. There's a reason why semi-autos dominated the game for the first few months because it was so easy to make a no recoil macro for them or just spam click them due to no recoil.

    Suppression was the best way to balance semi autos in BF3 and BF4, but those weapons also had a little kick to them, these however don't.
  • dandop_oq7r7ppf
    222 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    dandop_oq7r7ppf said:


    filthmcnasty wrote: »
    It does not punish good players nor reward bad ones. It takes effect on who gets shot at first, obviously. If you are getting shot at first, you are not good.



    On a map like Hamada with wide open spaces great for distance kills and hard to traverse it would be nice to have another viable approach, other than spamming smoke, to advance. LMG and MMG users could lay down suppressing fire to throw off defenders aim and try to pin them down so advancing players could get closer, and then move up themselves, or die, and spawn on a teammate.



    If you're going to use the "rewards bad players" arguement, why not clamor for the removal of destructible environments? Why clear a room when a "bad player" could just blow it up?



    Your post basically confirmed my point.

    You think getting shot at first makes you a bad player. Okay so let’s say I’m a pro player who shoots first but completely miss every single shot. Than the bad player lines up a perfect headshot, and he now misses because the suppression effect makes his bullets become inaccurate.





    Sorry but you are wrong. Plain and simple.

    The good player is the accurate player.

    That’s how the game currently is, and if Battlefield ever wants a competitive scene, that is how it needs to remain.



    Also forget about your BF1 days and using suppression to disrupt snipers.

    MMGs are lazor accurate now, and can melt people at mid range.

    If you wanna compete with a Sniper, grab a sniper rifle, or SLR.

    Your pray and spray days are over lol.



    lol mag-dump spray n pray is the only way many players currently play BF5. Wtf you talking about. There's a reason why semi-autos dominated the game for the first few months because it was so easy to make a no recoil macro for them or just spam click them due to no recoil.

    Suppression was the best way to balance semi autos in BF3 and BF4, but those weapons also had a little kick to them, these however don't.

    When I say pray and spray. I mean shooting with little regard to aim, and expecting a game breaking mechanic to give you an unfair advantage and render the opponents aim inaccurate due to a suppression effect.

    I’m not denying the power of the current weapons with little to no recoil.

    Currently every weapon in the game is very accurate with minimal recoil, and it rewards aim.
    No need for a suppression effect on top to make MMGs even less skillful than they currently are.

  • mrtwotimes
    733 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I love it when people argue over the skill of moving a joystick and pressing buttons.
  • Amgtree
    134 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Bf3 would of been a worse game without suppresion

    ie suppresion was a postivie influcine on the gunplay and ground combat.  It would have the same effect here 
  • sabootheshaman
    1043 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The amount of MMG’ers I’ve popped smoke on to close the gap then bop them in the head for an easy kill is a lot though.

    I’d be more interested in a punishment on actual hits than suppression though. If I hit you, you shouldn’t be able to maintain aim.
  • filthmcnasty
    421 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The amount of MMG’ers I’ve popped smoke on to close the gap then bop them in the head for an easy kill is a lot though.

    I’d be more interested in a punishment on actual hits than suppression though. If I hit you, you shouldn’t be able to maintain aim.

    Damage flinch has always been more CoD, I don't think they want to introduce it for that reason.
  • filthmcnasty
    421 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Amgtree wrote: »
    Bf3 would of been a worse game without suppresion

    ie suppresion was a postivie influcine on the gunplay and ground combat.  It would have the same effect here 

    Even RDR2 took up the suppression system because its a good mechanic. I don't understand this bogus "rewards bad players" crap. It's not like it's impossible to counter. Don't run into bullets, flank, launch/throw AoE attacks, wait till they reload, etc. I fully support bringing it back
  • InS_Hypno
    53 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Amgtree wrote: »
    Bf3 would of been a worse game without suppresion

    ie suppresion was a postivie influcine on the gunplay and ground combat.  It would have the same effect here 

    Even RDR2 took up the suppression system because its a good mechanic. I don't understand this bogus "rewards bad players" crap. It's not like it's impossible to counter. Don't run into bullets, flank, launch/throw AoE attacks, wait till they reload, etc. I fully support bringing it back
    Are we gonna base our opinion on a casual third person shooter?

    and yeah it does reward bad players by nullifying good aim and making gun fight more randoms
  • filthmcnasty
    421 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    InS_Hypno wrote: »
    filthmcnasty said:


    Amgtree wrote: »
    Bf3 would of been a worse game without suppresion



    ie suppresion was a postivie influcine on the gunplay and ground combat.  It would have the same effect here 



    Even RDR2 took up the suppression system because its a good mechanic. I don't understand this bogus "rewards bad players" crap. It's not like it's impossible to counter. Don't run into bullets, flank, launch/throw AoE attacks, wait till they reload, etc. I fully support bringing it back

    Are we gonna base our opinion on a casual third person shooter?

    and yeah it does reward bad players by nullifying good aim and making gun fight more randoms

    How are you getting shot at soooo much that you are constantly at the mercy of "bad players with no aim" and being bested by them?
  • filthmcnasty
    421 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2
    It does not punish good players nor reward bad ones. It takes effect on who gets shot at first, obviously. If you are getting shot at first, you are not good.

    On a map like Hamada with wide open spaces great for distance kills and hard to traverse it would be nice to have another viable approach, other than spamming smoke, to advance. LMG and MMG users could lay down suppressing fire to throw off defenders aim and try to pin them down so advancing players could get closer, and then move up themselves, or die, and spawn on a teammate.

    If you're going to use the "rewards bad players" arguement, why not clamor for the removal of destructible environments? Why clear a room when a "bad player" could just blow it up?

    Your post basically confirmed my point.
    You think getting shot at first makes you a bad player. Okay so let’s say I’m a pro player who shoots first but completely miss every single shot. Than the bad player lines up a perfect headshot, and he now misses because the suppression effect makes his bullets become inaccurate.


    Sorry but you are wrong. Plain and simple.
    The good player is the accurate player.
    That’s how the game currently is, and if Battlefield ever wants a competitive scene, that is how it needs to remain.

    Also forget about your BF1 days and using suppression to disrupt snipers.
    MMGs are lazor accurate now, and can melt people at mid range.
    If you wanna compete with a Sniper, grab a sniper rifle, or SLR.
    Your pray and spray days are over lol.

    A pro player that shoots first and misses all their shots.... Not very professional. That's more user error than faulty mechanic. Then the bad player lines up a perfect headshot, while suppressed too, but misses because of said suppression? How does said player line up a perfect headshot while suppressed?
    Getting shot at first a lot implies you don't pay much attention to your surroundings. You just run in all noob fashion.
  • Amgtree
    134 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    InS_Hypno said:
    Amgtree wrote: »
    Bf3 would of been a worse game without suppresion

    ie suppresion was a postivie influcine on the gunplay and ground combat.  It would have the same effect here 

    Even RDR2 took up the suppression system because its a good mechanic. I don't understand this bogus "rewards bad players" crap. It's not like it's impossible to counter. Don't run into bullets, flank, launch/throw AoE attacks, wait till they reload, etc. I fully support bringing it back
    Are we gonna base our opinion on a casual third person shooter?

    and yeah it does reward bad players by nullifying good aim and making gun fight more randoms
    If two players engage the one with better aim, quicker acquisition of target, more on point tracking, and better recoil control will always win.  No matter how bad "suppression" will "reward" the player missing.  
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1484 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    A medic with a suomi killed me while i was suppresing the hell out of him with the MG42 and the suppresion perk, suppresion needs some sort of effect on accuracy
    No thanks!  I didn't care for the suppression fire on BF3 or BF4.  Me getting a ton of assists on people jacking my kills got old fast on them games.
  • ragnarok013
    3057 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    GRAW2ROBZ said:
    A medic with a suomi killed me while i was suppresing the hell out of him with the MG42 and the suppresion perk, suppresion needs some sort of effect on accuracy
    No thanks!  I didn't care for the suppression fire on BF3 or BF4.  Me getting a ton of assists on people jacking my kills got old fast on them games.
    GRAW2ROBZ at least they added assist counts as kill in BF4!
  • filthmcnasty
    421 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ said:

    LINKERBLOX said:
    A medic with a suomi killed me while i was suppresing the hell out of him with the MG42 and the suppresion perk, suppresion needs some sort of effect on accuracy

    No thanks!  I didn't care for the suppression fire on BF3 or BF4.  Me getting a ton of assists on people jacking my kills got old fast on them games.


    GRAW2ROBZ at least they added assist counts as kill in BF4!

    That's true! I forgot about that. On Metro 24/7 you would rack up the points
Sign In or Register to comment.