Suppresion needs a buff

Comments

  • dandop_oq7r7ppf
    207 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    y_j_es_i wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    LINKERBLOX wrote: »
    LINKERBLOX wrote: »
    LINKERBLOX wrote: »
    A medic with a suomi killed me while i was suppresing the hell out of him with the MG42 and the suppresion perk, suppresion needs some sort of effect on accuracy

    Why do you need a game breaking mechanic to get kills?
    The whole concept of suppression effect is ridiculous.
    Yeah it’s supposed to replicate the “fear” of being shot, but this is a game. Not real life.
    The old suppression effect punished good player while rewarding bad players.

    I suggest you rely less on game breaking mechanics, and practice more on working on your aim.

    My aim is good, i hit him and he was fast enough to get into cover heal himself get out and HS me

    Well I don’t think wanting the developers to re-introduce a game breaking mechanic is the way to go.

    How is it game breaking

    Because if your aim is on target the suppression effect causes the shot to be inaccurate.
    So it punishes good players, and rewards bad players who simply pray and spray

    What exactly, is this 'reward' for bad aim?

    Lol seriously?
    Not sure if you’re being sarcastic.

    The “reward” for bad aim is surviving a gun fight by missing your target, and punishing the potential better player with suppression who would of otherwise headshot you.

    If this person would have "otherwise headshot you" that implies he was lining up a headshot when the incoming fire from the "bad player" was received. So did the "bad player" see this headshotter and put down suppressing fire to survive? I would call that smart because he used the games mechanics to stay alive and fight on. Are you gunna try and remove revives next? After all, those people did die


    This whole post is how that old suppression mechanic needs to return because too many bi-poders are dying to snipers.
    Sure using the current games mechanics is smart, but again the old system is too easy.

    Take this example with how the current system works in BFV.
    Bad player see a target, fires, and misses.
    Perhaps the bad player gets a hit marker, but misses 80% of his shots.
    The Good player hears the shots. Reacts. Turns around, lines up a head shot while under fire, and instantly kills the bad player.


    In BF1 that good player who was caught off guard can’t defend himself. His perfect aim would be rendered inaccurate due to a game mechanic.
    Yes there’s ways to counter act this, and yes, the good player could retreat, and find another angle.
    But that still doesn’t take away the fact that Suppression is low skilled, and any person can miss a shot, and be rewarded for it by surviving.

    And no I’m not saying all bi-ponders are bad, and Yes I know suppression is a real world tactic, but the Mechanic of suppression is too easily abused by bad players.
    Basically it lowers the skill level.
    The game currently rewards aim, and positioning. And if Battlefield is ever serious about a competitive scene, they would be smart to leave suppression mechanic behind.



    And no I don’t want revives removed....


    You’re exaggerating the effect suppression had. In BFI my favourite weapons are the Farquhar and the Ross and even when a support starts shooting first in a duel I usually win. Landing three rounds with the Farquhar when suppressed really isn’t a big deal unless they’re far away and at long range they couldn’t kill you in good time anyway. Landing a headshot on either the first or second attempt was pretty straight forward too

    No I’m not over exaggerating . I’m simply stating a typical scenario with how the old suppression system worked.

    Yes I overcame the old suppression mechanics too.
    I’m not saying it’s difficult, only that the old system was easily abused, and awards a low skill level player who can’t aim regardless of class or weapon.
    yes I’m aware that I also suppressed enemies.

    My favorite rifle is the Ross as well.
  • Trokey66
    8178 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 14
    So the 'reward' is possibly not dieing in that engagement?

    Did you get the prizes for Bullseye?
    Post edited by Trokey66 on
  • dandop_oq7r7ppf
    207 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    So the 'reward' is possibly not dieing in that engagement?

    Did you get the prizes for Bulls Eye?

    Yes.
    And yes
  • Trokey66
    8178 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    So the 'reward' is possibly not dieing in that engagement?

    Did you get the prizes for Bullseye?

    Yes.
    And yes

    Thought so.

    So, what happens next in your scenario?
  • StealthAria
    223 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    y_j_es_i wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    LINKERBLOX wrote: »
    LINKERBLOX wrote: »
    LINKERBLOX wrote: »
    A medic with a suomi killed me while i was suppresing the hell out of him with the MG42 and the suppresion perk, suppresion needs some sort of effect on accuracy

    Why do you need a game breaking mechanic to get kills?
    The whole concept of suppression effect is ridiculous.
    Yeah it’s supposed to replicate the “fear” of being shot, but this is a game. Not real life.
    The old suppression effect punished good player while rewarding bad players.

    I suggest you rely less on game breaking mechanics, and practice more on working on your aim.

    My aim is good, i hit him and he was fast enough to get into cover heal himself get out and HS me

    Well I don’t think wanting the developers to re-introduce a game breaking mechanic is the way to go.

    How is it game breaking

    Because if your aim is on target the suppression effect causes the shot to be inaccurate.
    So it punishes good players, and rewards bad players who simply pray and spray

    What exactly, is this 'reward' for bad aim?

    Lol seriously?
    Not sure if you’re being sarcastic.

    The “reward” for bad aim is surviving a gun fight by missing your target, and punishing the potential better player with suppression who would of otherwise headshot you.

    If this person would have "otherwise headshot you" that implies he was lining up a headshot when the incoming fire from the "bad player" was received. So did the "bad player" see this headshotter and put down suppressing fire to survive? I would call that smart because he used the games mechanics to stay alive and fight on. Are you gunna try and remove revives next? After all, those people did die


    This whole post is how that old suppression mechanic needs to return because too many bi-poders are dying to snipers.
    Sure using the current games mechanics is smart, but again the old system is too easy.

    Take this example with how the current system works in BFV.
    Bad player see a target, fires, and misses.
    Perhaps the bad player gets a hit marker, but misses 80% of his shots.
    The Good player hears the shots. Reacts. Turns around, lines up a head shot while under fire, and instantly kills the bad player.


    In BF1 that good player who was caught off guard can’t defend himself. His perfect aim would be rendered inaccurate due to a game mechanic.
    Yes there’s ways to counter act this, and yes, the good player could retreat, and find another angle.
    But that still doesn’t take away the fact that Suppression is low skilled, and any person can miss a shot, and be rewarded for it by surviving.

    And no I’m not saying all bi-ponders are bad, and Yes I know suppression is a real world tactic, but the Mechanic of suppression is too easily abused by bad players.
    Basically it lowers the skill level.
    The game currently rewards aim, and positioning. And if Battlefield is ever serious about a competitive scene, they would be smart to leave suppression mechanic behind.



    And no I don’t want revives removed....


    You’re exaggerating the effect suppression had. In BFI my favourite weapons are the Farquhar and the Ross and even when a support starts shooting first in a duel I usually win. Landing three rounds with the Farquhar when suppressed really isn’t a big deal unless they’re far away and at long range they couldn’t kill you in good time anyway. Landing a headshot on either the first or second attempt was pretty straight forward too

    No I’m not over exaggerating . I’m simply stating a typical scenario with how the old suppression system worked.

    Yes I overcame the old suppression mechanics too.
    I’m not saying it’s difficult, only that the old system was easily abused, and awards a low skill level player who can’t aim regardless of class or weapon.
    yes I’m aware that I also suppressed enemies.

    My favorite rifle is the Ross as well.
    So hold on, you fully admit that suppression can be overcome, but claim it somehow only benefits bad players and punishes the good.  Wouldn't a good player be able to overcome suppression to win against a bad player then?  You defeated your own argument.
    If a player has to use suppression a crutch, they should still lose the gunfight against a proper good player.  If the "good" player couldn't win against someone relying on suppression then they simply aren't a good a player as they claim.


    BF3's system was horrid, a Recon would end up losing any chance of hitting his target if so much as a single stray bullet went within 10m of him, and at full suppression you'd have bullets exiting your barrel at 90° angles.  That's the only suppression effect that ever actually punished good players and rewarded bad ones.
  • dandop_oq7r7ppf
    207 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    So the 'reward' is possibly not dieing in that engagement?

    Did you get the prizes for Bullseye?

    Yes.
    And yes

    Thought so.

    So, what happens next in your scenario?

    Obviously I struck a nerve with my hypothetical scenario.
    I knew it. I could tell by your quick somewhat cryptic posts.

    Don’t worry Hopefully in the next BF game you can lie in a bush and spray down countless opponents, and when they return fire a hand holding game breaking mechanic helps your poor aim even more.

    But hey “it’s a real world tactic” right
  • dandop_oq7r7ppf
    207 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    dandop_oq7r7ppf said:


    y_j_es_i wrote: »


    dandop_oq7r7ppf wrote: »


    filthmcnasty wrote: »


    dandop_oq7r7ppf wrote: »


    Trokey66 wrote: »


    dandop_oq7r7ppf wrote: »


    LINKERBLOX wrote: »


    dandop_oq7r7ppf wrote: »


    LINKERBLOX wrote: »


    dandop_oq7r7ppf wrote: »


    LINKERBLOX wrote: »
    A medic with a suomi killed me while i was suppresing the hell out of him with the MG42 and the suppresion perk, suppresion needs some sort of effect on accuracy



    Why do you need a game breaking mechanic to get kills?

    The whole concept of suppression effect is ridiculous.

    Yeah it’s supposed to replicate the “fear” of being shot, but this is a game. Not real life.

    The old suppression effect punished good player while rewarding bad players.



    I suggest you rely less on game breaking mechanics, and practice more on working on your aim.



    My aim is good, i hit him and he was fast enough to get into cover heal himself get out and HS me



    Well I don’t think wanting the developers to re-introduce a game breaking mechanic is the way to go.



    How is it game breaking



    Because if your aim is on target the suppression effect causes the shot to be inaccurate.

    So it punishes good players, and rewards bad players who simply pray and spray



    What exactly, is this 'reward' for bad aim?



    Lol seriously?

    Not sure if you’re being sarcastic.



    The “reward” for bad aim is surviving a gun fight by missing your target, and punishing the potential better player with suppression who would of otherwise headshot you.



    If this person would have "otherwise headshot you" that implies he was lining up a headshot when the incoming fire from the "bad player" was received. So did the "bad player" see this headshotter and put down suppressing fire to survive? I would call that smart because he used the games mechanics to stay alive and fight on. Are you gunna try and remove revives next? After all, those people did die





    This whole post is how that old suppression mechanic needs to return because too many bi-poders are dying to snipers.

    Sure using the current games mechanics is smart, but again the old system is too easy.



    Take this example with how the current system works in BFV.

    Bad player see a target, fires, and misses.

    Perhaps the bad player gets a hit marker, but misses 80% of his shots.

    The Good player hears the shots. Reacts. Turns around, lines up a head shot while under fire, and instantly kills the bad player.





    In BF1 that good player who was caught off guard can’t defend himself. His perfect aim would be rendered inaccurate due to a game mechanic.

    Yes there’s ways to counter act this, and yes, the good player could retreat, and find another angle.

    But that still doesn’t take away the fact that Suppression is low skilled, and any person can miss a shot, and be rewarded for it by surviving.



    And no I’m not saying all bi-ponders are bad, and Yes I know suppression is a real world tactic, but the Mechanic of suppression is too easily abused by bad players.

    Basically it lowers the skill level.

    The game currently rewards aim, and positioning. And if Battlefield is ever serious about a competitive scene, they would be smart to leave suppression mechanic behind.







    And no I don’t want revives removed....







    You’re exaggerating the effect suppression had. In BFI my favourite weapons are the Farquhar and the Ross and even when a support starts shooting first in a duel I usually win. Landing three rounds with the Farquhar when suppressed really isn’t a big deal unless they’re far away and at long range they couldn’t kill you in good time anyway. Landing a headshot on either the first or second attempt was pretty straight forward too



    No I’m not over exaggerating . I’m simply stating a typical scenario with how the old suppression system worked.



    Yes I overcame the old suppression mechanics too.

    I’m not saying it’s difficult, only that the old system was easily abused, and awards a low skill level player who can’t aim regardless of class or weapon.

    yes I’m aware that I also suppressed enemies.



    My favorite rifle is the Ross as well.

    So hold on, you fully admit that suppression can be overcome, but claim it somehow only benefits bad players and punishes the good.  Wouldn't a good player be able to overcome suppression to win against a bad player then?  You defeated your own argument.
    If a player has to use suppression a crutch, they should still lose the gunfight against a proper good player.  If the "good" player couldn't win against someone relying on suppression then they simply aren't a good a player as they claim.


    BF3's system was horrid, a Recon would end up losing any chance of hitting his target if so much as a single stray bullet went within 10m of him, and at full suppression you'd have bullets exiting your barrel at 90° angles.  That's the only suppression effect that ever actually punished good players and rewarded bad ones.


    That’s exactly what I said.
    Yes Any good player can overcome suppression.

    Any good player should be able to overcome what game mechanics the game uses.

    What I don’t like is how easy it is to suppress, and it lowers the skill level, by teaching people to pray and spray , it drags out a gun fight that should of ended quickly by causing bullet deviation.



    Perhaps in the next BF game there will be a new mechanic that everytime a grenade lands by your feet your controls become restricted, replicating a “Fear effect” and yes we could sit here defending that “fear effect”
    I’d argue it’s abused by grenade spamming newbs, you would defend it saying It’s a real tactic.


  • y_j_es_i
    1365 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    y_j_es_i wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    LINKERBLOX wrote: »
    LINKERBLOX wrote: »
    LINKERBLOX wrote: »
    A medic with a suomi killed me while i was suppresing the hell out of him with the MG42 and the suppresion perk, suppresion needs some sort of effect on accuracy

    Why do you need a game breaking mechanic to get kills?
    The whole concept of suppression effect is ridiculous.
    Yeah it’s supposed to replicate the “fear” of being shot, but this is a game. Not real life.
    The old suppression effect punished good player while rewarding bad players.

    I suggest you rely less on game breaking mechanics, and practice more on working on your aim.

    My aim is good, i hit him and he was fast enough to get into cover heal himself get out and HS me

    Well I don’t think wanting the developers to re-introduce a game breaking mechanic is the way to go.

    How is it game breaking

    Because if your aim is on target the suppression effect causes the shot to be inaccurate.
    So it punishes good players, and rewards bad players who simply pray and spray

    What exactly, is this 'reward' for bad aim?

    Lol seriously?
    Not sure if you’re being sarcastic.

    The “reward” for bad aim is surviving a gun fight by missing your target, and punishing the potential better player with suppression who would of otherwise headshot you.

    If this person would have "otherwise headshot you" that implies he was lining up a headshot when the incoming fire from the "bad player" was received. So did the "bad player" see this headshotter and put down suppressing fire to survive? I would call that smart because he used the games mechanics to stay alive and fight on. Are you gunna try and remove revives next? After all, those people did die


    This whole post is how that old suppression mechanic needs to return because too many bi-poders are dying to snipers.
    Sure using the current games mechanics is smart, but again the old system is too easy.

    Take this example with how the current system works in BFV.
    Bad player see a target, fires, and misses.
    Perhaps the bad player gets a hit marker, but misses 80% of his shots.
    The Good player hears the shots. Reacts. Turns around, lines up a head shot while under fire, and instantly kills the bad player.


    In BF1 that good player who was caught off guard can’t defend himself. His perfect aim would be rendered inaccurate due to a game mechanic.
    Yes there’s ways to counter act this, and yes, the good player could retreat, and find another angle.
    But that still doesn’t take away the fact that Suppression is low skilled, and any person can miss a shot, and be rewarded for it by surviving.

    And no I’m not saying all bi-ponders are bad, and Yes I know suppression is a real world tactic, but the Mechanic of suppression is too easily abused by bad players.
    Basically it lowers the skill level.
    The game currently rewards aim, and positioning. And if Battlefield is ever serious about a competitive scene, they would be smart to leave suppression mechanic behind.



    And no I don’t want revives removed....


    You’re exaggerating the effect suppression had. In BFI my favourite weapons are the Farquhar and the Ross and even when a support starts shooting first in a duel I usually win. Landing three rounds with the Farquhar when suppressed really isn’t a big deal unless they’re far away and at long range they couldn’t kill you in good time anyway. Landing a headshot on either the first or second attempt was pretty straight forward too

    No I’m not over exaggerating . I’m simply stating a typical scenario with how the old suppression system worked.

    Yes I overcame the old suppression mechanics too.
    I’m not saying it’s difficult, only that the old system was easily abused, and awards a low skill level player who can’t aim regardless of class or weapon.
    yes I’m aware that I also suppressed enemies.

    My favorite rifle is the Ross as well.

    ‘Bad player see a target, fires, and misses.
    Perhaps the bad player gets a hit marker, but misses 80% of his shots.
    The Good player hears the shots. Reacts. Turns around, lines up a head shot while under fire, and instantly kills the bad player.’
    Given the accuracy of most LMGs at like 100m landing 20% of your shots isn’t that bad and at 100m snipers have a clear advantage. Tbh at 100m the game is a bit too unbalanced in favour of snipers

    ‘In BF1 that good player who was caught off guard can’t defend himself. ’
    That’s exaggerating. I’d only call myself pretty good (2-2.4KD with 60% win rate) and I can definitely defend myself when suppressed

    Using a system the way it’s meant to be used isn’t abusing it. The fact that so few players even bother to try to suppress hostiles is proof that it’s clearly not that strong of a mechanic. It pretty much only even actually has an effect in 1vs1 duels because if there are five hostiles and you’re an LMG who’s along or with 1 or 2 friendlies those hostiles should kill you within a few seconds, I.e. before you can even fully suppress them
  • Trokey66
    8178 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    So the 'reward' is possibly not dieing in that engagement?

    Did you get the prizes for Bullseye?

    Yes.
    And yes

    Thought so.

    So, what happens next in your scenario?

    Obviously I struck a nerve with my hypothetical scenario.
    I knew it. I could tell by your quick somewhat cryptic posts.

    Don’t worry Hopefully in the next BF game you can lie in a bush and spray down countless opponents, and when they return fire a hand holding game breaking mechanic helps your poor aim even more.

    But hey “it’s a real world tactic” right

    Not a nerve has been struck....... On this end anyway.

    Simply asking what happens next in your typical scenario of good versus bad.
  • dandop_oq7r7ppf
    207 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    So the 'reward' is possibly not dieing in that engagement?

    Did you get the prizes for Bullseye?

    Yes.
    And yes

    Thought so.

    So, what happens next in your scenario?

    Obviously I struck a nerve with my hypothetical scenario.
    I knew it. I could tell by your quick somewhat cryptic posts.

    Don’t worry Hopefully in the next BF game you can lie in a bush and spray down countless opponents, and when they return fire a hand holding game breaking mechanic helps your poor aim even more.

    But hey “it’s a real world tactic” right

    Not a nerve has been struck....... On this end anyway.

    Simply asking what happens next in your typical scenario of good versus bad.

    Well the Darkside usually loses, and the light side wins

  • dandop_oq7r7ppf
    207 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    y_j_es_i wrote: »
    y_j_es_i wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    LINKERBLOX wrote: »
    LINKERBLOX wrote: »
    LINKERBLOX wrote: »
    A medic with a suomi killed me while i was suppresing the hell out of him with the MG42 and the suppresion perk, suppresion needs some sort of effect on accuracy

    Why do you need a game breaking mechanic to get kills?
    The whole concept of suppression effect is ridiculous.
    Yeah it’s supposed to replicate the “fear” of being shot, but this is a game. Not real life.
    The old suppression effect punished good player while rewarding bad players.

    I suggest you rely less on game breaking mechanics, and practice more on working on your aim.

    My aim is good, i hit him and he was fast enough to get into cover heal himself get out and HS me

    Well I don’t think wanting the developers to re-introduce a game breaking mechanic is the way to go.

    How is it game breaking

    Because if your aim is on target the suppression effect causes the shot to be inaccurate.
    So it punishes good players, and rewards bad players who simply pray and spray

    What exactly, is this 'reward' for bad aim?

    Lol seriously?
    Not sure if you’re being sarcastic.

    The “reward” for bad aim is surviving a gun fight by missing your target, and punishing the potential better player with suppression who would of otherwise headshot you.

    If this person would have "otherwise headshot you" that implies he was lining up a headshot when the incoming fire from the "bad player" was received. So did the "bad player" see this headshotter and put down suppressing fire to survive? I would call that smart because he used the games mechanics to stay alive and fight on. Are you gunna try and remove revives next? After all, those people did die


    This whole post is how that old suppression mechanic needs to return because too many bi-poders are dying to snipers.
    Sure using the current games mechanics is smart, but again the old system is too easy.

    Take this example with how the current system works in BFV.
    Bad player see a target, fires, and misses.
    Perhaps the bad player gets a hit marker, but misses 80% of his shots.
    The Good player hears the shots. Reacts. Turns around, lines up a head shot while under fire, and instantly kills the bad player.


    In BF1 that good player who was caught off guard can’t defend himself. His perfect aim would be rendered inaccurate due to a game mechanic.
    Yes there’s ways to counter act this, and yes, the good player could retreat, and find another angle.
    But that still doesn’t take away the fact that Suppression is low skilled, and any person can miss a shot, and be rewarded for it by surviving.

    And no I’m not saying all bi-ponders are bad, and Yes I know suppression is a real world tactic, but the Mechanic of suppression is too easily abused by bad players.
    Basically it lowers the skill level.
    The game currently rewards aim, and positioning. And if Battlefield is ever serious about a competitive scene, they would be smart to leave suppression mechanic behind.



    And no I don’t want revives removed....


    You’re exaggerating the effect suppression had. In BFI my favourite weapons are the Farquhar and the Ross and even when a support starts shooting first in a duel I usually win. Landing three rounds with the Farquhar when suppressed really isn’t a big deal unless they’re far away and at long range they couldn’t kill you in good time anyway. Landing a headshot on either the first or second attempt was pretty straight forward too

    No I’m not over exaggerating . I’m simply stating a typical scenario with how the old suppression system worked.

    Yes I overcame the old suppression mechanics too.
    I’m not saying it’s difficult, only that the old system was easily abused, and awards a low skill level player who can’t aim regardless of class or weapon.
    yes I’m aware that I also suppressed enemies.

    My favorite rifle is the Ross as well.

    ‘Bad player see a target, fires, and misses.
    Perhaps the bad player gets a hit marker, but misses 80% of his shots.
    The Good player hears the shots. Reacts. Turns around, lines up a head shot while under fire, and instantly kills the bad player.’
    Given the accuracy of most LMGs at like 100m landing 20% of your shots isn’t that bad and at 100m snipers have a clear advantage. Tbh at 100m the game is a bit too unbalanced in favour of snipers

    ‘In BF1 that good player who was caught off guard can’t defend himself. ’
    That’s exaggerating. I’d only call myself pretty good (2-2.4KD with 60% win rate) and I can definitely defend myself when suppressed

    Using a system the way it’s meant to be used isn’t abusing it. The fact that so few players even bother to try to suppress hostiles is proof that it’s clearly not that strong of a mechanic. It pretty much only even actually has an effect in 1vs1 duels because if there are five hostiles and you’re an LMG who’s along or with 1 or 2 friendlies those hostiles should kill you within a few seconds, I.e. before you can even fully suppress them

    I’m referring to MMGs
    Given BFVs current prone player camping bush meta. The last thing BFV needs is suppression.

    Just re-read the original posters comment that got this thread started.

    The old system did in fact work, and a good player would use it to their advantage, but was it the right way to balance a game?

    With BFV the new system rewards accuracy and reactions.
    Perhaps the guns are too accurate, but I just don’t think having suppression return is the way forward.

    With BF1 snipers had the OP sweet spot mechanic, that was just as broken as any suppression mechanic. Perhaps suppression existed to counter act the Sweet spot.

  • y_j_es_i
    1365 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    y_j_es_i wrote: »
    y_j_es_i wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    LINKERBLOX wrote: »
    LINKERBLOX wrote: »
    LINKERBLOX wrote: »
    A medic with a suomi killed me while i was suppresing the hell out of him with the MG42 and the suppresion perk, suppresion needs some sort of effect on accuracy

    Why do you need a game breaking mechanic to get kills?
    The whole concept of suppression effect is ridiculous.
    Yeah it’s supposed to replicate the “fear” of being shot, but this is a game. Not real life.
    The old suppression effect punished good player while rewarding bad players.

    I suggest you rely less on game breaking mechanics, and practice more on working on your aim.

    My aim is good, i hit him and he was fast enough to get into cover heal himself get out and HS me

    Well I don’t think wanting the developers to re-introduce a game breaking mechanic is the way to go.

    How is it game breaking

    Because if your aim is on target the suppression effect causes the shot to be inaccurate.
    So it punishes good players, and rewards bad players who simply pray and spray

    What exactly, is this 'reward' for bad aim?

    Lol seriously?
    Not sure if you’re being sarcastic.

    The “reward” for bad aim is surviving a gun fight by missing your target, and punishing the potential better player with suppression who would of otherwise headshot you.

    If this person would have "otherwise headshot you" that implies he was lining up a headshot when the incoming fire from the "bad player" was received. So did the "bad player" see this headshotter and put down suppressing fire to survive? I would call that smart because he used the games mechanics to stay alive and fight on. Are you gunna try and remove revives next? After all, those people did die


    This whole post is how that old suppression mechanic needs to return because too many bi-poders are dying to snipers.
    Sure using the current games mechanics is smart, but again the old system is too easy.

    Take this example with how the current system works in BFV.
    Bad player see a target, fires, and misses.
    Perhaps the bad player gets a hit marker, but misses 80% of his shots.
    The Good player hears the shots. Reacts. Turns around, lines up a head shot while under fire, and instantly kills the bad player.


    In BF1 that good player who was caught off guard can’t defend himself. His perfect aim would be rendered inaccurate due to a game mechanic.
    Yes there’s ways to counter act this, and yes, the good player could retreat, and find another angle.
    But that still doesn’t take away the fact that Suppression is low skilled, and any person can miss a shot, and be rewarded for it by surviving.

    And no I’m not saying all bi-ponders are bad, and Yes I know suppression is a real world tactic, but the Mechanic of suppression is too easily abused by bad players.
    Basically it lowers the skill level.
    The game currently rewards aim, and positioning. And if Battlefield is ever serious about a competitive scene, they would be smart to leave suppression mechanic behind.



    And no I don’t want revives removed....


    You’re exaggerating the effect suppression had. In BFI my favourite weapons are the Farquhar and the Ross and even when a support starts shooting first in a duel I usually win. Landing three rounds with the Farquhar when suppressed really isn’t a big deal unless they’re far away and at long range they couldn’t kill you in good time anyway. Landing a headshot on either the first or second attempt was pretty straight forward too

    No I’m not over exaggerating . I’m simply stating a typical scenario with how the old suppression system worked.

    Yes I overcame the old suppression mechanics too.
    I’m not saying it’s difficult, only that the old system was easily abused, and awards a low skill level player who can’t aim regardless of class or weapon.
    yes I’m aware that I also suppressed enemies.

    My favorite rifle is the Ross as well.

    ‘Bad player see a target, fires, and misses.
    Perhaps the bad player gets a hit marker, but misses 80% of his shots.
    The Good player hears the shots. Reacts. Turns around, lines up a head shot while under fire, and instantly kills the bad player.’
    Given the accuracy of most LMGs at like 100m landing 20% of your shots isn’t that bad and at 100m snipers have a clear advantage. Tbh at 100m the game is a bit too unbalanced in favour of snipers

    ‘In BF1 that good player who was caught off guard can’t defend himself. ’
    That’s exaggerating. I’d only call myself pretty good (2-2.4KD with 60% win rate) and I can definitely defend myself when suppressed

    Using a system the way it’s meant to be used isn’t abusing it. The fact that so few players even bother to try to suppress hostiles is proof that it’s clearly not that strong of a mechanic. It pretty much only even actually has an effect in 1vs1 duels because if there are five hostiles and you’re an LMG who’s along or with 1 or 2 friendlies those hostiles should kill you within a few seconds, I.e. before you can even fully suppress them

    I’m referring to MMGs
    Given BFVs current prone player camping bush meta. The last thing BFV needs is suppression.

    Just re-read the original posters comment that got this thread started.

    The old system did in fact work, and a good player would use it to their advantage, but was it the right way to balance a game?

    With BFV the new system rewards accuracy and reactions.
    Perhaps the guns are too accurate, but I just don’t think having suppression return is the way forward.

    With BF1 snipers had the OP sweet spot mechanic, that was just as broken as any suppression mechanic. Perhaps suppression existed to counter act the Sweet spot.

    I know, OP’s just a noob

    The sweet spot mechanic in and of itself wasn’t OP, the issue is that sweetspots should only exist at short, short-medium and medium range. Sweetspots should be used to encourage recons to ptfo but instead most used it for long range sniping in BFI. The sweet spots in BFI should’ve been at some segment of 10-100m but not beyond that. This way in order for a player to benefit from it they have to be at a range where they’re actually assailable.

    I get what you mean when you say that MMGs as they are dont need any buffs or extra perks

    Imo the best solution to BFV’s problems would be
    - add more cover and verticality to the maps
    - reintroduce BFI’s suppression but with suppression dealt by bolt-actions nerfed
    - increase the recoil on MMGs but let them be like how the parabellum was in BFI I.e. an LMG with high rof and high recoil
    - Introduce sweet spots at 10-40m and 10-70m for the bolt-actions depending on their damage output so recons get a buff ONLY at distances where ARs and LMGs can deal with them
    - Buff the recon weapons’ muzzle velocities to their real life values
    - buff the RoF of the SMGs to their real life values (on average like a 5% increase)

    This would rebalance various aspects of the gameplay and bring the other classes more in line with assaults whilst reducing the number of campers
  • dandop_oq7r7ppf
    207 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    y_j_es_i said:
    y_j_es_i wrote: »
    y_j_es_i wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    LINKERBLOX wrote: »
    LINKERBLOX wrote: »
    LINKERBLOX wrote: »
    A medic with a suomi killed me while i was suppresing the hell out of him with the MG42 and the suppresion perk, suppresion needs some sort of effect on accuracy

    Why do you need a game breaking mechanic to get kills?
    The whole concept of suppression effect is ridiculous.
    Yeah it’s supposed to replicate the “fear” of being shot, but this is a game. Not real life.
    The old suppression effect punished good player while rewarding bad players.

    I suggest you rely less on game breaking mechanics, and practice more on working on your aim.

    My aim is good, i hit him and he was fast enough to get into cover heal himself get out and HS me

    Well I don’t think wanting the developers to re-introduce a game breaking mechanic is the way to go.

    How is it game breaking

    Because if your aim is on target the suppression effect causes the shot to be inaccurate.
    So it punishes good players, and rewards bad players who simply pray and spray

    What exactly, is this 'reward' for bad aim?

    Lol seriously?
    Not sure if you’re being sarcastic.

    The “reward” for bad aim is surviving a gun fight by missing your target, and punishing the potential better player with suppression who would of otherwise headshot you.

    If this person would have "otherwise headshot you" that implies he was lining up a headshot when the incoming fire from the "bad player" was received. So did the "bad player" see this headshotter and put down suppressing fire to survive? I would call that smart because he used the games mechanics to stay alive and fight on. Are you gunna try and remove revives next? After all, those people did die


    This whole post is how that old suppression mechanic needs to return because too many bi-poders are dying to snipers.
    Sure using the current games mechanics is smart, but again the old system is too easy.

    Take this example with how the current system works in BFV.
    Bad player see a target, fires, and misses.
    Perhaps the bad player gets a hit marker, but misses 80% of his shots.
    The Good player hears the shots. Reacts. Turns around, lines up a head shot while under fire, and instantly kills the bad player.


    In BF1 that good player who was caught off guard can’t defend himself. His perfect aim would be rendered inaccurate due to a game mechanic.
    Yes there’s ways to counter act this, and yes, the good player could retreat, and find another angle.
    But that still doesn’t take away the fact that Suppression is low skilled, and any person can miss a shot, and be rewarded for it by surviving.

    And no I’m not saying all bi-ponders are bad, and Yes I know suppression is a real world tactic, but the Mechanic of suppression is too easily abused by bad players.
    Basically it lowers the skill level.
    The game currently rewards aim, and positioning. And if Battlefield is ever serious about a competitive scene, they would be smart to leave suppression mechanic behind.



    And no I don’t want revives removed....


    You’re exaggerating the effect suppression had. In BFI my favourite weapons are the Farquhar and the Ross and even when a support starts shooting first in a duel I usually win. Landing three rounds with the Farquhar when suppressed really isn’t a big deal unless they’re far away and at long range they couldn’t kill you in good time anyway. Landing a headshot on either the first or second attempt was pretty straight forward too

    No I’m not over exaggerating . I’m simply stating a typical scenario with how the old suppression system worked.

    Yes I overcame the old suppression mechanics too.
    I’m not saying it’s difficult, only that the old system was easily abused, and awards a low skill level player who can’t aim regardless of class or weapon.
    yes I’m aware that I also suppressed enemies.

    My favorite rifle is the Ross as well.

    ‘Bad player see a target, fires, and misses.
    Perhaps the bad player gets a hit marker, but misses 80% of his shots.
    The Good player hears the shots. Reacts. Turns around, lines up a head shot while under fire, and instantly kills the bad player.’
    Given the accuracy of most LMGs at like 100m landing 20% of your shots isn’t that bad and at 100m snipers have a clear advantage. Tbh at 100m the game is a bit too unbalanced in favour of snipers

    ‘In BF1 that good player who was caught off guard can’t defend himself. ’
    That’s exaggerating. I’d only call myself pretty good (2-2.4KD with 60% win rate) and I can definitely defend myself when suppressed

    Using a system the way it’s meant to be used isn’t abusing it. The fact that so few players even bother to try to suppress hostiles is proof that it’s clearly not that strong of a mechanic. It pretty much only even actually has an effect in 1vs1 duels because if there are five hostiles and you’re an LMG who’s along or with 1 or 2 friendlies those hostiles should kill you within a few seconds, I.e. before you can even fully suppress them

    I’m referring to MMGs
    Given BFVs current prone player camping bush meta. The last thing BFV needs is suppression.

    Just re-read the original posters comment that got this thread started.

    The old system did in fact work, and a good player would use it to their advantage, but was it the right way to balance a game?

    With BFV the new system rewards accuracy and reactions.
    Perhaps the guns are too accurate, but I just don’t think having suppression return is the way forward.

    With BF1 snipers had the OP sweet spot mechanic, that was just as broken as any suppression mechanic. Perhaps suppression existed to counter act the Sweet spot.

    I know, OP’s just a noob

    The sweet spot mechanic in and of itself wasn’t OP, the issue is that sweetspots should only exist at short, short-medium and medium range. Sweetspots should be used to encourage recons to ptfo but instead most used it for long range sniping in BFI. The sweet spots in BFI should’ve been at some segment of 10-100m but not beyond that. This way in order for a player to benefit from it they have to be at a range where they’re actually assailable.

    I get what you mean when you say that MMGs as they are dont need any buffs or extra perks

    Imo the best solution to BFV’s problems would be
    - add more cover and verticality to the maps
    - reintroduce BFI’s suppression but with suppression dealt by bolt-actions nerfed
    - increase the recoil on MMGs but let them be like how the parabellum was in BFI I.e. an LMG with high rof and high recoil
    - Introduce sweet spots at 10-40m and 10-70m for the bolt-actions depending on their damage output so recons get a buff ONLY at distances where ARs and LMGs can deal with them
    - Buff the recon weapons’ muzzle velocities to their real life values
    - buff the RoF of the SMGs to their real life values (on average like a 5% increase)

    This would rebalance various aspects of the gameplay and bring the other classes more in line with assaults whilst reducing the number of campers
    I don't know if sweet spots should return, but I'm open to the idea of more body damge at close range.
    Currently in BFV the damage drop off for snipers is very fast.
    I do agree having sweetspots on meters over 100 was a bad idea, and yes if the sweet spot was to return it should be within 50 or so meters.
    But that would also make snipers into shotguns, so I just don't think there should ever be a OHK Sniper weapon outside of a headshot.


    If they nerfed mmg's how you suggested, than I could tolerate the return of suppression.




  • KMAsterisk
    204 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    50 meters is still a bit too much for the player base IMO, I'd say cutting that distance in half if they were to implement it. The Boys AT (100 meters) doesn't seem well received and the ROF on that is abysmal + no ADS unless prone (still can be hipfired with success in CQ).
  • filthmcnasty
    340 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    LINKERBLOX wrote: »
    LINKERBLOX wrote: »
    LINKERBLOX wrote: »
    A medic with a suomi killed me while i was suppresing the hell out of him with the MG42 and the suppresion perk, suppresion needs some sort of effect on accuracy

    Why do you need a game breaking mechanic to get kills?
    The whole concept of suppression effect is ridiculous.
    Yeah it’s supposed to replicate the “fear” of being shot, but this is a game. Not real life.
    The old suppression effect punished good player while rewarding bad players.

    I suggest you rely less on game breaking mechanics, and practice more on working on your aim.

    My aim is good, i hit him and he was fast enough to get into cover heal himself get out and HS me

    Well I don’t think wanting the developers to re-introduce a game breaking mechanic is the way to go.

    How is it game breaking

    Because if your aim is on target the suppression effect causes the shot to be inaccurate.
    So it punishes good players, and rewards bad players who simply pray and spray

    What exactly, is this 'reward' for bad aim?

    Lol seriously?
    Not sure if you’re being sarcastic.

    The “reward” for bad aim is surviving a gun fight by missing your target, and punishing the potential better player with suppression who would of otherwise headshot you.

    If this person would have "otherwise headshot you" that implies he was lining up a headshot when the incoming fire from the "bad player" was received. So did the "bad player" see this headshotter and put down suppressing fire to survive? I would call that smart because he used the games mechanics to stay alive and fight on. Are you gunna try and remove revives next? After all, those people did die


    This whole post is how that old suppression mechanic needs to return because too many bi-poders are dying to snipers.
    Sure using the current games mechanics is smart, but again the old system is too easy.

    Take this example with how the current system works in BFV.
    Bad player see a target, fires, and misses.
    Perhaps the bad player gets a hit marker, but misses 80% of his shots.
    The Good player hears the shots. Reacts. Turns around, lines up a head shot while under fire, and instantly kills the bad player.


    In BF1 that good player who was caught off guard can’t defend himself. His perfect aim would be rendered inaccurate due to a game mechanic.
    Yes there’s ways to counter act this, and yes, the good player could retreat, and find another angle.
    But that still doesn’t take away the fact that Suppression is low skilled, and any person can miss a shot, and be rewarded for it by surviving.

    And no I’m not saying all bi-ponders are bad, and Yes I know suppression is a real world tactic, but the Mechanic of suppression is too easily abused by bad players.
    Basically it lowers the skill level.
    The game currently rewards aim, and positioning. And if Battlefield is ever serious about a competitive scene, they would be smart to leave suppression mechanic behind.



    And no I don’t want revives removed....


    How did the "good player" get caught off guard?


    Seriously you must be trolling me haha
    I’ll explain regardless.

    With 32 players per side even the best player can’t see everything...
    Poor visibility, smoke, people hiding in bushes etc. Eventually the good player will get caught off guard and with lose, or overcome the odds.


    Obviously good and bad is subjective.
    My post are mainly referring to Aim, reaction time, knowing your surroundings, and positioning.

    When I refer to a bad player who can’t aim. That’s basically it. They can’t aim.....
    I’m not saying all Bi-poders can’t aim, but the suppression mechanic “rewards “those people with bad aim.




    Finally you bring in the 64 player factor and not everything is a duel. Extremely rare are the times I wind up in a duel in these games, which greatly nullifies you arguement. That being said, is a good player going to stay in the same spot if someone is suppressing him? No. And they now know where they were being shot at from, especially if not in hardcore. The good player will move on and forget the guy or move to a different spot while suppression wears off, which takes seconds, and shoot the bad player. How is the bad player rewarded? If his aim and skills are that bad he will be expecting You to poke your head out of where he was shooting, and if you do, that's your own dumb fault. You sound like a guy that camped with a scoped rifle a lot and hated being suppressed. Let's not forget that explosives caused suppression too. Your argument is terrible
  • y_j_es_i
    1365 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    KMAsterisk wrote: »
    50 meters is still a bit too much for the player base IMO, I'd say cutting that distance in half if they were to implement it. The Boys AT (100 meters) doesn't seem well received and the ROF on that is abysmal + no ADS unless prone (still can be hipfired with success in CQ).

    The main reason the Boys is hated is because almost literally every user is a camper

    Seeing as the average engagement distance when ptfo is at around 5-60m, setting the cutting off at 25m would mean that at 25-60m bolt-actions would still need to land two rounds unless you get a headshot and at 25-60m any decent player will erase you before you can get a second shot off
  • dandop_oq7r7ppf
    207 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    LINKERBLOX wrote: »
    LINKERBLOX wrote: »
    LINKERBLOX wrote: »
    A medic with a suomi killed me while i was suppresing the hell out of him with the MG42 and the suppresion perk, suppresion needs some sort of effect on accuracy

    Why do you need a game breaking mechanic to get kills?
    The whole concept of suppression effect is ridiculous.
    Yeah it’s supposed to replicate the “fear” of being shot, but this is a game. Not real life.
    The old suppression effect punished good player while rewarding bad players.

    I suggest you rely less on game breaking mechanics, and practice more on working on your aim.

    My aim is good, i hit him and he was fast enough to get into cover heal himself get out and HS me

    Well I don’t think wanting the developers to re-introduce a game breaking mechanic is the way to go.

    How is it game breaking

    Because if your aim is on target the suppression effect causes the shot to be inaccurate.
    So it punishes good players, and rewards bad players who simply pray and spray

    What exactly, is this 'reward' for bad aim?

    Lol seriously?
    Not sure if you’re being sarcastic.

    The “reward” for bad aim is surviving a gun fight by missing your target, and punishing the potential better player with suppression who would of otherwise headshot you.

    If this person would have "otherwise headshot you" that implies he was lining up a headshot when the incoming fire from the "bad player" was received. So did the "bad player" see this headshotter and put down suppressing fire to survive? I would call that smart because he used the games mechanics to stay alive and fight on. Are you gunna try and remove revives next? After all, those people did die


    This whole post is how that old suppression mechanic needs to return because too many bi-poders are dying to snipers.
    Sure using the current games mechanics is smart, but again the old system is too easy.

    Take this example with how the current system works in BFV.
    Bad player see a target, fires, and misses.
    Perhaps the bad player gets a hit marker, but misses 80% of his shots.
    The Good player hears the shots. Reacts. Turns around, lines up a head shot while under fire, and instantly kills the bad player.


    In BF1 that good player who was caught off guard can’t defend himself. His perfect aim would be rendered inaccurate due to a game mechanic.
    Yes there’s ways to counter act this, and yes, the good player could retreat, and find another angle.
    But that still doesn’t take away the fact that Suppression is low skilled, and any person can miss a shot, and be rewarded for it by surviving.

    And no I’m not saying all bi-ponders are bad, and Yes I know suppression is a real world tactic, but the Mechanic of suppression is too easily abused by bad players.
    Basically it lowers the skill level.
    The game currently rewards aim, and positioning. And if Battlefield is ever serious about a competitive scene, they would be smart to leave suppression mechanic behind.



    And no I don’t want revives removed....


    How did the "good player" get caught off guard?


    Seriously you must be trolling me haha
    I’ll explain regardless.

    With 32 players per side even the best player can’t see everything...
    Poor visibility, smoke, people hiding in bushes etc. Eventually the good player will get caught off guard and with lose, or overcome the odds.


    Obviously good and bad is subjective.
    My post are mainly referring to Aim, reaction time, knowing your surroundings, and positioning.

    When I refer to a bad player who can’t aim. That’s basically it. They can’t aim.....
    I’m not saying all Bi-poders can’t aim, but the suppression mechanic “rewards “those people with bad aim.




    Finally you bring in the 64 player factor and not everything is a duel. Extremely rare are the times I wind up in a duel in these games, which greatly nullifies you arguement. That being said, is a good player going to stay in the same spot if someone is suppressing him? No. And they now know where they were being shot at from, especially if not in hardcore. The good player will move on and forget the guy or move to a different spot while suppression wears off, which takes seconds, and shoot the bad player. How is the bad player rewarded? If his aim and skills are that bad he will be expecting You to poke your head out of where he was shooting, and if you do, that's your own dumb fault. You sound like a guy that camped with a scoped rifle a lot and hated being suppressed. Let's not forget that explosives caused suppression too. Your argument is terrible

    Perhaps you need to go back a couple pages and re read the OPs post that started this whole thread?

    I encounter lots of 1v1s as well 1v6, 1v17 doesn’t nullify anything.

    What I was referring too was one example. Not speaking for every encounter, and it was a similar example to how this post got started in the first place.

    I’m referring to being caught off guard. Yes even good players get ambushed.
    With a sniper you typically have one chance to land a headshot while under fire, and if you miss, your dead.
    Suppression was a frustrating mechanic, as your perfect accuracy could be rendered inaccurate, and you would be dead before you can even blink.
    Yeah sure running and repositioning is a good strat. Not saying it isn’t.


    I agree with a lot of what you say that any good player will use the games mechanics to their advantage.
    Suppression or no suppression.
    Doesn’t mean those mechanics are a good thing, and in BFVs case it was changed, and in my opinion it was changed for the better.

    Of course you think my argument is terrible. That’s fine. It’s probably difficult for you to think outside your own box.
    Me. I’m happy to listen and engage in conversation and agree or disagree.

    Also If I camped at the back with a rifle my KD would be a lot better 😁
  • barnesalmighty2
    1391 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    None of you are thinking about the real question that needs discussing. Suppression in the context of BFV. Not how it used to be but how it will affect the current mechanics of this game.

    Any form of accuracy penalty from suppression will undoubtedly result in lost bullets. With so few available because of attrition anyway suppression would seriously hinder the gameplay and flow. It would be lopsided in favour of supports with infinite ammo and ruin the game for pretty much everyone else.

    If suppression comes in attrition needs to go for balance. Before the expected go to resupply Station comments a lot of the time that is not really an option especially when you're making a good push no one wants to turn around and resupply 100s of metres away.
  • DingoKillr
    3474 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The amount of MMG’ers I’ve popped smoke on to close the gap then bop them in the head for an easy kill is a lot though.

    I’d be more interested in a punishment on actual hits than suppression though. If I hit you, you shouldn’t be able to maintain aim.

    In past BF suppression was higher when you got hit. In BF1 it took about 5 hits to be fully suppressed but it took 7+ near misses(about 5cm) around the head, even more if it was another hit zone or further away(i think up to 30cm) away.

    This was why comments like you are more likely to accidently die then be deliberately suppressed, was used in BF1.

    Just to note suppression in BF1 did not effect combat under 75m.
  • KMAsterisk
    204 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    y_j_es_i wrote: »
    KMAsterisk wrote: »
    50 meters is still a bit too much for the player base IMO, I'd say cutting that distance in half if they were to implement it. The Boys AT (100 meters) doesn't seem well received and the ROF on that is abysmal + no ADS unless prone (still can be hipfired with success in CQ).

    The main reason the Boys is hated is because almost literally every user is a camper

    Seeing as the average engagement distance when ptfo is at around 5-60m, setting the cutting off at 25m would mean that at 25-60m bolt-actions would still need to land two rounds unless you get a headshot and at 25-60m any decent player will erase you before you can get a second shot off

    In terms of the Boys, camping + the OHK range, just like how people hate shotguns.

    This may be dependent on what platform the game is being played on, but giving Recon BA's a OHK non headshot out to 50m is just excessive. Youd end up with flares/the revolver (yes, all classes have access to it)/throwing knives + the headshot OHK at all ranges + the stickiness of aim slowdown on console.
Sign In or Register to comment.