Battlefield V - Update 4.2.1

PartWelsh
67 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
edited July 2019

Hi folks,

Following last weeks 4.2 deployment, we're deploying a small update tomorrow, Tuesday 30th July, that will enable Marita, and set live our two new Elites. This update contains no other fixes, or changes to Battlefield V.

These updates are anticipated to clock in at around the 500MB mark on Xbox One, and 300MB on PC. I'll update this post tomorrow confirming anticipated sizes for PlayStation 4.

Deployment for this update will start in line with our usual schedule:

• PC -       1AM PT // 4AM ET // 9AM BST // 10AM CEST

• PS4 -     2AM PT // 5AM ET // 10AM BST // 11AM CEST

• Xbox -   3AM PT // 6AM ET // 11AM BST // 12PM CEST

There will be no general downtime for this update, and once it's available for your platform you're encouraged to close any active session that you have, and attempt to relaunch the game in order to start downloading and installing. Servers with players connected who are running the older version will be able to complete their matches, and new servers on the newer version will be spun up as folks queue via Quickplay Matchmaking.

Marita will then go live at 12PM CEST on all Platforms, and we will activate a Marita only playlist at this time. The playlist will rotate between 1 Round of Conquest, and 2 Rounds of Breakthrough (Attack/Defend) on this Map only. Marita will otherwise be included in the full rotations of Conquest, Breakthrough, and Team Deathmatch (appearing after Arras in Conquest, after Devastation in Breakthrough, and after Al Sundan on TDM) at this same time.

Two hours after the map rotations are available, we'll set both Ilse and Norman live in the store.

Starting on August 8th, we'll have a newer Marita playlist live for 32 Player modes that switches between Domination, Frontlines, and TDM.

Known Issue - Through testing on Marita, we've discovered a minor issue whilst certain Weapon Skins are equipped in the Receiver slot.  Under certain circumstances, an overly bright reflection from the Sun can cause an unintentional Glare effect that's present with Aiming Down Sight. This is most prominent when a reflective skin is applied (e.g. Gold Plated, White Tiger, Blued etc.), and can be lessened by switching to a different skin in your Receiver slot.

Examples of the most extreme instances of this are shown below (under both of the maps weather conditions).

Thanks otherwise for your feedback last week on the 4.2 Update. We're pleased to see that there are less instances of the Invisible Soldier issue, though we want to reduce this back down to a flat zero as soon as we're able too. Over the next few weeks I'll be working with the teams to identify and talk to you all some more about what else to expect in our 4.4 Update, and bring you back more information about Al Sundan on Conquest. Getting content out to you in a healthy state remains an important priority for us and as soon as I know more, I'll be back to talk with you all about it.

A final note that we're really appreciative for all of the feedback you've provided to us on this updated version of Rush. It will be replaced tomorrow by the Marita only rotation, and we can now start to explore where we take the mode next. We were very keen to stick to the same three maps for this second outing, but with the heavily refreshed ruleset and newer behaviors vs. sticking with the way the mode was and just adding new maps. I'll be linking in with Kenturrac once he's back from his Vacation to share your feedback and talk about what extra changes we might want to make so that we can see about planing some more expansion to the mode. In August we'll be looking to reintroduce both Grind and Fortress in a similar fashion.

Enjoy Marita!

Adam Freeman
Battlefield Community Manager
Twitter: @PartWelsh

Update - Initially, we were seeing some odd behaviour resulting in players on PC being sent to servers out of region. This issue has now been resolved and we're confident that the Matchmaking service is working as expected. Sorry for the initial confusions and thanks for your patience whilst we took it out back and had stern words with it

🙃🏏

Post edited by PartWelsh on

Comments

• TheRealOwn_
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @PartWelsh can we expect an update to the way the assignment system works specifically for weapons? I cant unlock half of these skins because the assignments are near impossible and actually make me enjoy the game less so ive decided to ignore them for the most part. It would be nice to have weapons skins unlock based on xp or x amount of kills with that weapon. Is this really so hard for the team to do? Or at least you give us a bit of info if changes can be expected soon? There was a discussion on this months ago and nothing has been followed up. Thanks
  • PartWelsh
    67 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    @PartWelsh can we expect an update to the way the assignment system works specifically for weapons? I cant unlock half of these skins because the assignments are near impossible and actually make me enjoy the game less so ive decided to ignore them for the most part. It would be nice to have weapons skins unlock based on xp or x amount of kills with that weapon. Is this really so hard for the team to do? Or at least you give us a bit of info if changes can be expected soon? There was a discussion on this months ago and nothing has been followed up. Thanks
    It's not something that I have an answer on other than to say it's feedback that we're aware of and something we're exploring.
  • TheRealOwn_
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @PartWelsh i appreciate the response thanks! Even a grind option for the in one round or life assignments would be nice
  • BaronVonGoon
    7053 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2019
    Marita only playlist!!! Can't wait!

If you add Rotterdam and Devestation to this playlist you'd make me a happy man.
    Two hours after the map rotations are available, we'll set both Ilse and Norman

The what now..?

Edit: oh the elites nevermind.
  • GefreiterDecker
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No Bug Fixes? Why?
    Next Update Ennd August???
    WHY DICE

• Bolly_MixedModes
    113 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Cheers PartTaff, looking forward to smashing Marita! Stunning looking map and lots of CQB. Perfect!
  • Noodlesocks
    3613 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Cool, even the bugs are getting announcements now.

But for reals, the lighting in this game could do with some proper looking into. Narvik and Roterdam in particular has some serious lighting issues.
  • SiCerdik
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    How about BSOD in ps4? Fix it!!
  • HUMANFRAIL7Y
    771 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Crash after crash after crash on PS4. I do gladly welcome new content but crashing all the time that it impedes enjoyment and promotes neverending frustration while playing? That should take priority, no?

I'm just spiteful right now that stability improvements did not make it in the last update. When will it? How many more crashes do we have to suffer through until you finally fix it?
  • infected_ink
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Crash after crash after crash on PS4. I do gladly welcome new content but crashing all the time that it impedes enjoyment and promotes neverending frustration while playing? That should take priority, no?

I'm just spiteful right now that stability improvements did not make it in the last update. When will it? How many more crashes do we have to suffer through until you finally fix it?
    I fixed my crashes by placing an additional fan blowing at the exhaust on the PS. Although i have a 1st gen and it has lots of hours on it. But then again i've only had one crash since and BFV is the only game it crashes on. I've probably had every bug that's been written about and some.
  • TB-Wasp
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    PartWelsh said:
    It's not something that I have an answer on other than to say it's feedback that we're aware of and something we're exploring.
    One way is to add one or more objective areas to combined arms mission(s). That way we can do the worst assignments there. I currently have the last mastery assignment left for all the semi auto assault rifles and also the semi auto snipers. Getting 10 headshots in an objective area in one life is utopia. The rest of the weapons I'm done with, despite bugs and wrong descriptions on the assignments (LS-26?). I'm not going to spend days or weeks grinding these remaining (ridicilous) assigments. Get real!
  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    857 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hi @PartWelsh. Just wondering if there has been any word on improvements in regard to TTK/TTD and hit reg?

Also agree that assignments need to go. I like the more squad dependent direction V took, but having in game assignments means having team members go MIA instead of trying to win the game. Seems to go against the design of V. Better to just make it kills instead.
  • RudyMentally
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Played for hours on the 4.2 patch with no issues at all, installed the 4.2.1 and the game crashed after 5-10 minutes of playing conquest. Nice...
  • Col_Bumtrinket
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @PartWelshIs there anyway you can introduce an autobalance, or allow people to swap sides to even them up?  Playimg 30 v 10 sucks!

• Robonzo1981
    69 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    why oh why is the download/copying files on PS4 sooooooo slowwwwww. Literally a 500mb download took about 2 minutes but the copying has taken 25 minutes to go 4%. I have a 100mbs avg download connection and an upgraded SSD in my PS4. Only Battlefield does this on my console. What do you to your files to make them so unoptimised.
  • infected_ink
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    why oh why is the download/copying files on PS4 sooooooo slowwwwww. Literally a 500mb download took about 2 minutes but the copying has taken 25 minutes to go 4%. I have a 100mbs avg download connection and an upgraded SSD in my PS4. Only Battlefield does this on my console. What do you to your files to make them so unoptimised.
    I have been wondering about the same thing. I just thought it was my HDD giving up. 

BTW, Do you have normal or PRO? How is the loading time on games and so on? Been thinking of upgrading with an SSD but not sure if I would do the 100€ investment or just wait for the new PS whenever it arrives.
    Could use a new controller though.. The one I use now are pieces made out of 2 broken ones.. LITERALLY BROKEN IN PIECES. (My girlfriend is Italian and I am a raging finn).
  • Basey101
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Would it be possible in the future just to buy the game with all the stuff on so we don't need  to keep loading updates every few weeks.
  • supersammy15
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    edited July 2019
    (PS4) this update completely broke my game. Here are all the new bugs that persisted after an hour of me trying to reset my system and game

- I spawn with no weapon or ammo. I am able to throw a grenade and build reinforcements but nothing else.
    - All soldier animations and textures seem to have been broken, all players appear to me as static gray silhouettes
    - Attempting to quit from a server gives me infinite loading screen
    - The end of round progress screen is completely black except for the text and scoreboard
    - After playing a round, the loading screen between the end of round progress menu and the pre round customization menu lasts forever

I tried getting around these problems for about an hour. In that hour I was able to play the game as intended for maybe 3 minutes, in those three minutes all the sound effects for reloading, switching weapons, shooting, etc... were gone

My PlayStation run other game fine so I don’t think it’s a hardware problem.
  • BACKBONESWHITE
    11 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I hope al Sudan has at least 6-7 planes for each team... not enough planes in open in large conquest maps. Also hire me cause we need to have private servers that have the ability to create localized servers  and only allow players from  certain proximities to increase latency and better match making experiences. maybe that could be your new algorithm in a new update with a certain game mode to test out that THEORY. IM no professional in any computer, but I will say you'll need a creative think tank. credit and forums are hit or miss. Either not enough backing or not the right lead. Good Luck!
  • HugoPlayNow
    169 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Basey101 said:
    Would it be possible in the future just to buy the game with all the stuff on so we don't need  to keep loading updates every few weeks.
    How would that be possible when they are still refining the game/ fixing bugs, and constantly adding maps and features?

I used to have a limited internet connection which made a 12 gig updade frustrating and sometimes impossible.  I finally got a cable 5G setup which took the frustration out.  It took over 10 years before cable came to my rural area.  Microsoft takes for granted we all have unlimited cable internet unfortunately.  Nature of the Beast.