How about following the rules of physics, geometery and medicine.

mollyfrank1
158 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited July 2019
Well here I go again.  The number of times I get shot through buildings and where there is no line of sight is obscene. Happened so many times today I turned the game off.  Yes I l know the techno heads will bleat where is your footage so we can calculate the angles and muzzle velocity to give a hit damage ratio.  But really enough is enough.  Also when you see four other players all shooting one enemy getting plenty of hits and they just run around for 10 seconds its just BS.

Comments

• A_al_K_pacino_A
    1084 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Everyone gets shot round corners and even sometimes when you think you are fully behind cover. It can happen for several reasons but it is mostly the plain old fact that your position from your pov and your shooters pov don't match. Sometimes it could just be a delayed hit too. It is annoying. It can also be that you were shot by someone else who had clear line of sight, there are lots of players sometimes in really daft places just waiting for a player to pop into view. The kill can is often unhelpful as well.

As for your second point you were either missing or had hit reg issues, the game does have them.

Again record and look back. I had one the other day when I was definitely hitting but having no luck, on second viewing I was actually hitting a small bit of log which was stopping the bullets, I couldn't have hit that if I tried.
  • StormSaxon
    696 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah. Brings back the BF4 memories. Very troubling.

Sometimes I figure they didn’t shoot me through a wall. There was some lag between me dying on their screen and on mine.
  • HillbillyJohn
    509 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think we would all be better off without the kill cam, it only makes me angry when I die and see the purp on the other side of a building or a hill trotting off to perform his foul deed on someone else.
  • dannyB0i87
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Everyone gets shot round corners and even sometimes when you think you are fully behind cover. It can happen for several reasons but it is mostly the plain old fact that your position from your pov and your shooters pov don't match. Sometimes it could just be a delayed hit too. It is annoying. It can also be that you were shot by someone else who had clear line of sight, there are lots of players sometimes in really daft places just waiting for a player to pop into view. The kill can is often unhelpful as well.

As for your second point you were either missing or had hit reg issues, the game does have them.

Again record and look back. I had one the other day when I was definitely hitting but having no luck, on second viewing I was actually hitting a small bit of log which was stopping the bullets, I couldn't have hit that if I tried.
    Obviously there's always going to be latency but dice isn't helping either - I remember in battlenonsense video comparedto bbf1, bf5 is actually even more lenient with rejecting hits with poor connection
  • oldmandown65
    100 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I suck and that’s my fault so I don’t mind when I die because of that but it’s a sad day in Dice land when:

i die die jumping off of things because the parachute doesn’t deploy or deploys late.
    i die when fully behind hard cover.
    i die when exiting a plane mid map but the animation puts me way out of bounds.
    i die because I spawn miles away from the intended objective.
    i die when I spawn into hail of bullets from a camping bipod.
  • mollyfrank1
    now I've seen everything. some sniper maybe 300 meters away. me and some other sniper are taking pot shots at him. we're a meter apart laterally and bang one head shot takes us both out. what a load of BS. just added to the usual no line of sight BS that I keep getting dished out by this game where it seems there are the shot and hit every thing aimed at with a KD ratio of over 3:1 the rest of us.  But hey its all above board. BS.
  • filthmcnasty
    851 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think we would all be better off without the kill cam, it only makes me angry when I die and see the purp on the other side of a building or a hill trotting off to perform his foul deed on someone else.

Omitting the killcam is only a plus, it would eliminate the lone wolf types always seeking out their revenge kill cycles and helps stop sniper fights from proliferating. You know what I mean, "that sniper killed me I'm gunna kill him" and before you know it half the team is long range sniping
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    1084 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    now I've seen everything. some sniper maybe 300 meters away. me and some other sniper are taking pot shots at him. we're a meter apart laterally and bang one head shot takes us both out. what a load of BS. just added to the usual no line of sight BS that I keep getting dished out by this game where it seems there are the shot and hit every thing aimed at with a KD ratio of over 3:1 the rest of us.  But hey its all above board. BS.
    That is something i'd love to see a video of. If only there was a way to make that happen.
  • The_BERG_366
    2780 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    and here we go again with the story telling, selling your perception as objective truth.... nice. 
  • HUMANFRAIL7Y
    771 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've experienced being shot at even behind cover in EVERY Battlefield game I've played. It will never be fixed.
  • HillbillyJohn
    509 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I know when I play the game that I'll experience a high latency player shooting at me and that it will seem like I've been shot behind cover when in reality that's not really what happened.  I've given up on Dice fixing this, in fact it's likely they can't, so I just try and enjoy the game, lot less frustration that way.
  • StormSaxon
    696 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yes. This happened a lot in BF4, it was also a problem in BFH and 1.
    BF3 it could happen though less often.
  • mollyfrank1
    Another BS frustrating session. Spawn shot in back several times in arrow. My grenades not exploding, snipers everywhere killing me  90% with head shot, lots of behind cover deaths and hitting planes and humans for over 100  points with no kill.  Pressing trigger weapon not firing, and the best one walking along and suddenly I glide across the ground and can not control it.  Now I know I'm not very good, but FFS. Time to move on Dice stooges.
  • The_BERG_366
    2780 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Another BS frustrating session. Spawn shot in back several times in arrow. My grenades not exploding, snipers everywhere killing me  90% with head shot, lots of behind cover deaths and hitting planes and humans for over 100  points with no kill.  Pressing trigger weapon not firing, and the best one walking along and suddenly I glide across the ground and can not control it.  Now I know I'm not very good, but FFS. Time to move on Dice stooges.

just stop playing geez. clearly you don't undetstand anything about this game and you also are too ignorant to learn something about it when peole try to explain it to you or try to explain to you what you need to do In order to understand it. if frustration is all you get out of it then just stop. like honestly what is the point? play something else or stop playing all together....
  • dICEHOUSE
    570 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2019
    Another BS frustrating session. Spawn shot in back several times in arrow.[ in a row by the way. I'll agree with this, occasionally. Time to find a new place to spawn] My grenades not exploding [ they did explode and you missed, you died first or your crappy internet], snipers everywhere killing me  90% with head shot [ then move], lots of behind cover deaths and hitting planes and humans for over 100  points with no kill [ BF5 compensation and your crappy internet].  Pressing trigger weapon not firing, and the best one walking along and suddenly I glide across the ground and can not control it [your crappy internet].  Now I know I'm not very good, but FFS. Time to move on Dice stooges.
    Please see above in your quote the [bold text]

If you're going to b*tch about something , please make sure it's legitimate. 
  • barnesalmighty2
    1624 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Well here I go again.  The number of times I get shot through buildings and where there is no line of sight is obscene. Happened so many times today I turned the game off.  Yes I l know the techno heads will bleat where is your footage so we can calculate the angles and muzzle velocity to give a hit damage ratio.  But really enough is enough.  Also when you see four other players all shooting one enemy getting plenty of hits and they just run around for 10 seconds its just BS.

Listen I usually play with my wife side by side on 2 TVs and consoles ever since bf4 we have seen many times that destroyed objects are not always the same for both of us. At times I see solid walls and she sees it destroyed its not all the time but it happens often enough to be an issue. Same goes for smoke, fire, fallen trees, water on parcel storm and tank wreckage.

Most people don't get the chance to see it and when I report it I'm often ignored but it is a thing. So whenever I'm shot whilst using buildings or tanks for cover I just assume that's what has happened.
  • Professor_Mayhem
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Listen I usually play with my wife side by side on 2 TVs and consoles ever since bf4 we have seen many times that destroyed objects are not always the same for both of us. At times I see solid walls and she sees it destroyed its not all the time but it happens often enough to be an issue. Same goes for smoke, fire, fallen trees, water on parcel storm and tank wreckage.

Most people don't get the chance to see it and when I report it I'm often ignored but it is a thing. So whenever I'm shot whilst using buildings or tanks for cover I just assume that's what has happened.
    That's really interesting, @barnesalmighty2. I've not had the opportunity to do a side-by-side comparison like you're describing, but I've assumed this is what's happening in a lot of "bug" or "hacking" complaints. It kind of makes me wonder about the feasibility of creating high-detail, high-player count multiplayer action games. If everyone playing in a specific round only share, say, 90% of the details (destruction, foliage, destroyed vehicles, etc.) in the simulated reality, will that be enough to prevent players from leaving in frustration? What if it's only 80%? At some point the whole exercise fails because too much data has to move between the server and players' consoles, no?
  • barnesalmighty2
    1624 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I tried to get my head around it a while ago and came up with nothing. Trees in BFV are particularly bad for not being there for everyone. Those times you get sniped and think there is just no way he could possibly see my through the dense bushes or trees this is what is happening.

It does work both ways too the times you spot a guy standing in the open oblivious to the wide open space they're stood in. My bet is they think they have a tree to hide behind.

My best guess is packet loss, the data containing what was destroyed just gets lost on its way to some players.
  • HillbillyJohn
    I'v noticed the same type of thing in Rainbow 6 vegas several years ago, cans and other things would show on one players screen but not the other.