Are Dice Doing Enough To Get the Community Involved?

SMK_GAMING_1
63 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
What are DICE doing to help get the battlefield community involved? Many say not enough. Well I highlight what they are doing and what they could be doing. I include my concept design for the in game user interface as well as other community concept designs and suggestions. Let me know what you think below, I am eager to also hear your own suggestions and feedback 

Comments

• A_al_K_pacino_A
    466 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This video is a bit embarrassing really, not to you obviously but to the game. 

I'm sure things like that could be done and should be done and the platoons page(still beta?) really should be more prominent.
  • SMK_GAMING_1
    63 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This video is a bit embarrassing really, not to you obviously but to the game. 

I'm sure things like that could be done and should be done and the platoons page(still beta?) really should be more prominent.

The problem I also have with the platoon page is when you want to find a certain platoon, even ones with the blue tick, they dont show up
  • dustylamborghini
    30 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 5
    These ideas feel obvious, now that you've thought of and presented them so well, that I can't help but wonder why we don't have something similar already. And with people like yourself creating the content there's no way it would do anything but add to the experience.
    Also, not only do I too think it should and could be done, I think that the programming involved to make some of the changes suggested by that video is stuff that would not even take a day to complete (assuming Frostbite handles UI elements as easily as it could be, but then maybe that's stupid of me to assume).
  • SMK_GAMING_1
    These ideas feel obvious, now that you've thought of and presented them so well, that I can't help but wonder why we don't have something similar already. And with people like yourself creating the content there's no way it would do anything but add to the experience.
    Also, not only do I too think it should and could be done, I think that the programming involved to make some of the changes suggested by that video is stuff that would not even take a day to complete (assuming Frostbite handles UI elements as easily as it could be, but then maybe that's stupid of me to assume).

I do not think it would take long to do either, but the stumbling block for dice is how do they police it. They take the view that if one event goes badly (I.e. toxicity and bad event organisation) the fallout is on EA and DICE. I do not believe that is the case, they could just remove that platoon, I dont think they would be criticised because they are providing a platform for platoons and the community to flourish. The community would recognise this and be thankful