Battlefield V Weekly Debrief - August 2nd - Update 4.2.1 | Marita Releases | New Elites

Braddock512
1275 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V

A new update to release MARITA and some new Elites hit Battlefield V this week. Dive in for the review of this week.

Archive for Week Starting July 29, 2019

Monday, 7/29/2019
  • This Week in Battlefield V - An overview of this week's news, blogs, content, and more. As items are added or shifted, this will be updated. Keep an eye on it through the week for redirect links!
  • Battlefield V - Update 4.2.1
Tuesday, 7/30/2019
  • Battlefield V Chapter 4: Defying the Odds Update 4.2.1 Release
  • Last Chance for Weekly Mission Reward - Give the ToW Mission a final push if you haven't completed it yet. The Weekly ToW Challenge ends on Wednesday.
  • Weekly Community Highlight – Best Only in Battlefield Moment of  the Week - Hot new OIB moment coming in with a new weekly winner! Think you’ve got a winner? Send it our way on any of the Battlefield channels. Each weekly featured clip will be awarded a Best Community in the World emblem!
Wednesday, 7/31/2019
Thursday, 8/1/2019
Friday, 8/2/2019

NOTES AND ADDENDUMS

• Nvidia GeForce RTX & Battlefield V Screenshot Contest Begins (TBC)

• Unfortunately, I didn't get the Official Rules for the Nvidia contest back yet, so we'll have to move this to next week. My apologies - it's a bit out of my hands as it has to be handled by our legal team (and they have to dot the T's and cross the i's).

• Al-Sundan Conquest

• Unfortunately, I don't have an update this week or an ETA on when it's coming. I know y'all really want to get into this big map with vehicles and play it the way it was originally intended, and this is a priority for me to get information on when we can get to that point. I know it's frustrating and I'm sorry for that.

Comments

• rogueb0beroo
    2 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Loving Marita!! Keep it up!
  • Godmodegta
    293 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Can't wait too get my hands on new guns and gadgets, in future the update, i want that Welrod. Also new map i would say it good, i felt like I had some room too breath, sense there was multiple rout flank enemy.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3308 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I have to be honest, Marita reminds me a lot of Operation Metro ...

... which is a pretty bad thing in my eyes. Honestly, I haven't enjoyed this map at all. It's too chaotic for me, so I'm hoping that DICE can get Al Sundan fixed soon, because I'd rather play on big maps like that than tiny, linear, chokepoint-infested nightmares like Marita.
  • n1ghtskynet
    53 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I love the marita map and the german elite 
  • HugoPlayNow
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I played Marita 2 nights ago...it's actually pretty good!  

The map is basic meaning no vehicles...but that's OK for one or two maps.

Once again, I'll say I'd like to see more stationary weapons...whether I have to build them or not!  BF1 had tons of machine gun embankments and outposts. ...and Where's the artillery cannons?  I still can't beleive WW1 had better weapons then WW2.  :/

My only other criticism is when prone I'll seem to drift to one side...I don't know if it's a bug or if an unseen ally next to me is bumping me.

Other than that, I feel Marita is a nice step in the right direction.

All they need to do is make the AP/AT mines more effective, and make the classes more refined.  I feel the Assault and Support class especially is too muddled.....Assault class needs more tank killing abilities.

I'd also like to see more granades/mines to be carried at one time.

• Bolly_GB
    61 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Thank you all for the new map - it is very much appreciated! Cheers.
  • Godmodegta
    293 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 5
    I played Marita 2 nights ago...it's actually pretty good!  

The map is basic meaning no vehicles...but that's OK for one or two maps.

Once again, I'll say I'd like to see more stationary weapons...whether I have to build them or not!  BF1 had tons of machine gun embankments and outposts. ...and Where's the artillery cannons?  I still can't beleive WW1 had better weapons then WW2.  :/

My only other criticism is when prone I'll seem to drift to one side...I don't know if it's a bug or if an unseen ally next to me is bumping me.

Other than that, I feel Marita is a nice step in the right direction.

All they need to do is make the AP/AT mines more effective, and make the classes more refined.  I feel the Assault and Support class especially is too muddled.....Assault class needs more tank killing abilities.

I'd also like to see more granades/mines to be carried at one time.

The Canon's I wouldn't say everywhere, but they were well placed and weren't too over poweer, they we're perfect.
  • filthmcnasty
    421 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    When I read "new elites" I fell under the impression that the elite classes from BF1 were making a comeback. What a letdown...
    As for Marita, I don't like it. It's too small for 64 players and Breakthrough on this map is just awful because of that first capture point. If there were some AT guns in the center of the map or if support still had mortars it would be better but attacking and clearing all those buildings is a nightmare. No amount of smoke helps the attack.
    Since destructibility is constantly changing (what explosive destroys buildings is constantly changing, AT grenades now don't destroy buildings) the meta on the map is assault and medic spam with a recon with a spotting flare here or there.