Tanks crippled and limping after first hit

Comments

  • Marine_IraHayes2
    233 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    @Marine_IraHayes2 yeah you got me bunj.

    It’s a forum. If you want your own private discussion to moderate maybe get a tumblr or try club penguin.

    I responded with a valid scenario that would cause the issue.

    In the end the game works like it does and you will be the keyboard warrior you will be still getting taken out by one Assault because you have the situational awareness of a lemming.

    You keep being you though bunj. Start cry threads then get upset when people respond. Then act like you won when you have achieved zero change and just chosen to ignore people’s feedback.

    Hail Satan!!!

    Haha this guy ^^^^^
    Again...you got owned. Deal and move on bruh.
  • sabootheshaman
    1015 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @Marine_IraHayes2 that’s why your post has so many likes. And that’s why you came to a forum to complain about your tank getting hurt.

    I’m done. It’s been fun. I hope you’re not actually a real marine by the way. Could get awkward.
  • sabootheshaman
    1015 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @jroggs how dare you bring a nuanced conversation and points into this conversation!? Get out now.

    Seriously good post man. Said everything I’m too lazy to type.
  • fragnstein
    432 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    jroggs wrote: »
    ProAssassin2003 said:


    jroggs wrote: »
    . Neither of these really close the lethality gap. I know a common Battlefield school of thought is that "tanks are TANKS, they're SUPPOSED to be way more powerful than infantry." I disagree, because tanks are generally used by one player and I don't agree that one player should have every single advantage over another player not because of skill but because of the class he spawned in with.
    .

    Kinda like planes and AA
  • bigiain
    243 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I do find tanks easier to use than ever, on the open maps at least. There's just a bit too much complexity about the specialisations and jank about the movement for them to be much fun. Some of the spawns on some of the modes were painful as well. It really would have been better to pick two close enough tanks and make them identical for each side and leave it at that. Later maps could have had later and bigger tanks.
  • marcanthony421
    116 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    A solo assault can’t take out a tiger unless the tiger is sitting absolutely still and not shooting back. Even then ive unloaded my anti tank stuff on a tiger and it kept rolling. Also you know how hard it is to get to a tank and do significant damage when its humping a hill in its spawn lol
  • royzl_star
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    used a tank for the first time in BF5 last night on Twisted Steel conquest map, got 27 kills and zero deaths, and i'm a mega n00b. The tanks are fine. 
  • Woodlbrad
    562 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 4
    Well if you took a hit in the tracks you’d probably be in the plop in real life.

    I think also sometimes you are taking more than 1 hit. For instance I usually put my dynamite on before hitting you with my nade or PIAT.

    These threads make me lol as they often contain comments from ppl who scream for more ‘mersion, but they don’t like the reality of it when it effects a toy they wanna farm kills with.

    Well if you took a hit from a nearby tank round irl you’re human jelly 75mm is no joke you don’t walk away from something like that. the splash is a joke you need direct impact for a kill and it’s even worse in firestorm multiple direct hits on plates unless you headshot. ppl run at tanks that is clearly a problem they were feared in ww2. but that’s the meta everyone has a rocket launcher because the game is so poorly balanced there’s no reason to play any other class atm.
  • sabootheshaman
    1015 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Woodlbrad wrote: »
    Well if you took a hit in the tracks you’d probably be in the plop in real life.

    I think also sometimes you are taking more than 1 hit. For instance I usually put my dynamite on before hitting you with my nade or PIAT.

    These threads make me lol as they often contain comments from ppl who scream for more ‘mersion, but they don’t like the reality of it when it effects a toy they wanna farm kills with.

    Well if you took a hit from a nearby tank round irl you’re human jelly 75mm is no joke you don’t walk away from something like that. the splash is a joke you need direct impact for a kill and it’s even worse in firestorm multiple direct hits on plates unless you headshot. ppl run at tanks that is clearly a problem they were feared in ww2. but that’s the meta everyone has a rocket launcher because the game is so poorly balanced there’s no reason to play any other class atm.

    And you’re one person running a vehicle that requires 4. Come on, this has been addressed multiple times in this thread.

    Also. I usually never rush a tank front on unless I know I have no choice. If people have rushed me head on I have usually killed them. Maybe tanks are not for you?

    It’s a game not a sim.
  • Woodlbrad
    562 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 4
    I do fine in tanks you kinda get good after 400hrs of conquest just stating how weak and limited they are I’ve never seen them portrayed this bad in a video game. Weakest in any bf I’ve played probably y the game can’t sell good garbage tanks and horrible balance across the board but you must think it’s perfect because your an assault main for life.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    jroggs said:
    Tanks are about perfect in BFV (give or take some iffy hit registry issues). They're powerful and very long-lived when used well, but they're no longer damage sponges that absorb every hit from every direction with no issues. You have to play smart and stay aware.

    If you're struggling to make an impact with tanks in BFV, it's because YOU are not good, not because the tanks aren't good. If anyone has doubts or just wants tips, I'll be happy to provide as many clips of objective-pushing tank play as you like.
    Well said.  They miss the old BF4 sports-car tanks with the IR smoke and the reactive armor and the homing shells and of course infinite ammo.

    I'm certainly no eSports pro, but I can keep a tank alive for most of a round, pushing objectives too, not sitting back (at least if the other side doesn't have a pro bomber pilot who never misses). It's a matter of going where the blue dots go and not trying to roll alone, and remembering what Gen. Patton said, the tank's most important weapon is it's machine guns.  If a scrub like me can go 20/1 in a tank, anyone can.  But then one of our resident tank fanatics said 60/1 should be the bare minimum for a good tanker, so what do I know?
  • ProAssassin2003
    3251 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Woodlbrad wrote: »
    I do fine in tanks you kinda get good after 400hrs of conquest just stating how weak and limited they are I’ve never seen them portrayed this bad in a video game. Weakest in any bf I’ve played probably y the game can’t sell good garbage tanks and horrible balance across the board but you must think it’s perfect because your an assault main for life.



    It's so funny it's like these people think we play in Tanks 1 round and say they are weak. Lol. I was probably one of the best Tankers on PS since Bad Company 2. I could take objectives with the light Tank in Battlefield 1 more effectively then any Tank in BFV. How sad is that.
  • DarthValtrex
    12 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's a awesome mechanic DICE put into the game called Systemic Damage. Where at any moment your Tank can be crippled at Multiple places. It's one of the many reasons Tanks are Camping Coffins now.

    Whoever designed that feature needs to never touch vehicles again.
    Is requesting that they lose their job entirely a bit extreme? 

    I don't want to say it's easy. But it's was not exactly difficult to blow up a tank before this feature/update. If you were assault you just had to sneak up on the tank, throw 2 dynamite at it and hit throw AT grenade, 99% of the time that would destroy it. If it did not, you just make sure to have your Piat or what ever ready to shoot and it was definitely dead.

    When I drive tanks I would avoid this by moving. I do have a question, did they change the tiger so the turret really bounces a lot more when ever it gets hit? I've played rounds in tigers in which I get the first round on a Churchill. They then start shooting me and my turret is bouncing all over to the point that I can't hit the Churchill again. 
  • sabootheshaman
    1015 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Woodlbrad wrote: »
    I do fine in tanks you kinda get good after 400hrs of conquest just stating how weak and limited they are I’ve never seen them portrayed this bad in a video game. Weakest in any bf I’ve played probably y the game can’t sell good garbage tanks and horrible balance across the board but you must think it’s perfect because your an assault main for life.



    It's so funny it's like these people think we play in Tanks 1 round and say they are weak. Lol. I was probably one of the best Tankers on PS since Bad Company 2. I could take objectives with the light Tank in Battlefield 1 more effectively then any Tank in BFV. How sad is that.

    Maybe you are past it? Maybe the games not for you?

    How do you get your massive ego through the hatch of these tanks also?
  • ProAssassin2003
    3251 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 4
    Woodlbrad wrote: »
    I do fine in tanks you kinda get good after 400hrs of conquest just stating how weak and limited they are I’ve never seen them portrayed this bad in a video game. Weakest in any bf I’ve played probably y the game can’t sell good garbage tanks and horrible balance across the board but you must think it’s perfect because your an assault main for life.



    It's so funny it's like these people think we play in Tanks 1 round and say they are weak. Lol. I was probably one of the best Tankers on PS since Bad Company 2. I could take objectives with the light Tank in Battlefield 1 more effectively then any Tank in BFV. How sad is that.

    Maybe you are past it? Maybe the games not for you?

    How do you get your massive ego through the hatch of these tanks also?


    You don't get it you think it's one extreme to another extreme with no middle ground. Bottom line experienced Tankers and the vast majority of the community knows Tanks are a joke in BFV. It's not black and white. And it's not rocket science. It requires easy fixes. Actually one fix. Just the Removal of the Systemic Damage would make me happy. Disabling is fine if I'm below 50% but being disabled with 80% Tank health is redicoulous. People love vehicles in Battlefield just as much as Infantry and planes and Tanks are perhaps the worst they ever been.

    It's like when DICE made TTK longer and the community got upset. It's the same with Tanks but we have had almost zero changes or balance to Tanks and also while dealing with the bugs still present with vehicles.

    I just know I'm good at the game. It's not a ego thing. More of a experience thing. In fact I've touched vehicles less in BFV then any Battlefield before it because of the issues.
  • ProAssassin2003
    3251 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ProAssassin2003 said:
    It's a awesome mechanic DICE put into the game called Systemic Damage. Where at any moment your Tank can be crippled at Multiple places. It's one of the many reasons Tanks are Camping Coffins now.


    Whoever designed that feature needs to never touch vehicles again.

    Is requesting that they lose their job entirely a bit extreme? 
    I don't want to say it's easy. But it's was not exactly difficult to blow up a tank before this feature/update. If you were assault you just had to sneak up on the tank, throw 2 dynamite at it and hit throw AT grenade, 99% of the time that would destroy it. If it did not, you just make sure to have your Piat or what ever ready to shoot and it was definitely dead.
    When I drive tanks I would avoid this by moving. I do have a question, did they change the tiger so the turret really bounces a lot more when ever it gets hit? I've played rounds in tigers in which I get the first round on a Churchill. They then start shooting me and my turret is bouncing all over to the point that I can't hit the Churchill again. 


    Didn't say lose there jobs just don't touch vehicles again.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    jroggs said:


    6. He excuses OP copters in BF4 by saying the problem comes down to map design. I say the same is true of BFV. If tanks were disallowed to retreat to team spawns and vehicle resupplies were removed from those spawns as well, the campy meta would fade and tank players would fight with more versatility because, simply, they'd have to.

    What an interesting idea, remove vehicle ammo/repair points from spawns.  That could be done with infantry ammo and med points too, it sure would do away with camping in the spawn, shooting into the nearest objective and running away if it gets too hot.  Great idea.  Of course that means DICE won't touch it with a three-meter pole.

    Great post, well said.
  • sabootheshaman
    1015 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @ProAssassin2003 they have addressed issues with tanks including increasing the blast radius for the shells against inf.

    The middle ground is my point. I’ve addressed this several times in the thread.

    Fact is, the devs need to keep balance. If tanks are already going 50-0 then I hardly see them as fragile. Any tank I’ve solo killed as assault has deserved it. Rarely am I coming in from the front. I got behind you and that’s your fault.

    You are likely taking multiple hits and do t know it. 2 dynamites and an anti tank nade should disable a tank. It might feel like 1 hit but it’s not. It’s 3 at once.
Sign In or Register to comment.