Pilots and Planes are ruining the game

DarthValtrex
11 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
They are again spawn bombing at the start of the games, blowing up tanks and getting a boat load of kills in the first minute of the game. Hey uh dice, How about planes don't spawn in for first 4 minutes so infantry and tanks can spread out and not be spawn bombed?! Simple fix that would go a long ways towards improving the game.

There is no real way to effectively counter a skilled pilot who's in a bomber plane, if you are infantry or in a tank. The only options are Falk cannon? You won't shoot down a decent pilot in a flak cannon, you'll just annoy them.  Flakpanzer? Possible to shoot them down, but if the pilot is good they typically work in teams. One will blow up your flak Panzer from the back/side while the other distracts you. Toss in the fact that flak panzers are boring if you don't have planes to shoot at. They can be semi effective against infantry but that's a risky endeavor because you're vulnerable extremely vulnerable to enemy tanks and artillery. Have good pilots on your team? You can hope but that's about it.

It's getting  to the point that I will no longer play on servers with skilled pilots. I just leave and find a new server, it's not fun constantly getting blown up by pinpoint precision bomber pilots and having no effective way to counter them. It's not uncommon to go up against bomber pilots going 60-4 or better. Who wants to play an enemy that will dominate you that badly? I can't think of anyone.

Now I understand that tanks can do similar things. But it is possible and actually easy for a group of 2-3 players to team up on a tank and remove it from the game. Infantry and tanks stand no chance against a bomber pilot at all.

Comments

• MOBNzik4321
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I really sympathize with you here. And to add on to that, whenever my team is getting harassed by a skilled pilot who’s picking us apart at every objective, I never get a chance to even fly a plane to attempt to distract them. The planes feel really out of place a lot of the time, especially with maps that have very consistent close quarters choke points. They do really need some rebalancing. I like the idea of giving land vehicles and infantry time to get spread out onto the map, because it just seems like the logical thing to do. I’ve been spawn bombed many a time, and it never feels deserved. I don’t feel like I deserved the death, and I really don’t feel like the pilot(s) deserve the kill(s), especially since like you said, they can rack up the kill count real quick, and it sets a horrible tone for the rest of the match that’s hard to overcome when you’re on the receiving end of it.
  • DarthValtrex
    I really sympathize with you here. And to add on to that, whenever my team is getting harassed by a skilled pilot who’s picking us apart at every objective, I never get a chance to even fly a plane to attempt to distract them. The planes feel really out of place a lot of the time, especially with maps that have very consistent close quarters choke points. They do really need some rebalancing. I like the idea of giving land vehicles and infantry time to get spread out onto the map, because it just seems like the logical thing to do. I’ve been spawn bombed many a time, and it never feels deserved. I don’t feel like I deserved the death, and I really don’t feel like the pilot(s) deserve the kill(s), especially since like you said, they can rack up the kill count real quick, and it sets a horrible tone for the rest of the match that’s hard to overcome when you’re on the receiving end of it.
    I'm not one of those people who want planes removed entirely. I have pilot friends I play with from time to time, we have good fun working together.  I think they have a place in the game, just like tanks do. But they need to be balanced better. Tanks should have some chance at surviving a bombing even from a highly skilled pilot IMO. 

The game is a lot of fun when everything is balanced and everyone is working together. It's even more fun when the games are close. 
  • china2991
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    i think flak cannons are useless imo, i just straight up dive bomb them every time they are trying to annoy me and just get that easy kill because they cant do enough damage even if they hit me with every shot while i dive into them in a straight line il survive with about 30hp left
  • DarthValtrex
    China I agree, I did get 1 kill in a Flak Cannon but it was only because the pilot was destroying us, our team had all objectives and we had guys in every single Flak Cannon on the map. I was hitting him as he was bombing a different target and blew him out of the sky, aside from that they are useless. It was rather satisfying because he went 60-4 against us. 
  • DRUNKMONKEY9821
    84 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Should been on day one. I hade over 100 kills doing bombing runs every time. that the bf5 I bought. Not this **** sandwich
  • DarthValtrex
    Should been on day one. I hade over 100 kills doing bombing runs every time. that the bf5 I bought. Not this **** sandwich
    If you think people are going to continue to play a game in which you bomb the hell ouf of them and get between 14-25% of the total enemy respawn tickets you're insane. Especially if the other players can't effectively counter you and feel some what competitive. 

If that's what you want in a game you're going to be seriously disappointed in the player population because the player population will dwindle and you won't have anyone to bomb.
  • china2991
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    i don't think damage from the planes is the problem at the end of the day dropping bombs near people should kill them i just think it should be easier to take them down. Maybe adding more flak cannons near objectives would work or just increase the damage flaks on bf1 were op as hell they reached nearly across the map and just annihilated you in like 3 seconds. i think they could balance it out by reducing the range on them but increasing the damage so that if you come close to one and someone competent is controlling it then your doomed.
  • Andrew6595
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 7
    [Removed]
    Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on
  • FROGLOGIC
    90 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There's a good balance as is Dice, it's honestly no different than BF4 in my opinion. Choppers, Stealth/Attack planes are design to kill w/ skill. I fly on a regular basis you need an AA or x2 flak guns to take down a skill pilot... Eat a Snickers, calm down...  B) J/K but my small opinion they're not OP, people have to adjust to the game, you can't ignore planes anymore... We're back!
  • Andrew6595
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 7
    [Removed]
    Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on
  • LOLGotYerTags
    12619 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
  • DevilsBathtub
    827 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Spawn bombing as in "base ****"?
    If so your team deserves to be bombed to the stone age.
    Every tank should be on the move when the clock counts to zero.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    12619 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    @DevilsBathtub
    I don't think op means that.

I think he means that planes spawn whilst ground troops have literally just spawned and a bomber just flies in and drop its entire payload on the enemy spawn.

It's a terrible mechanic that needs addressing,  or at least make the enemy spawn and nearby areas in the air a no fly zone
  • Real_Noobalishus
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 8
    I'm going to be as polite as possible coming from the other side of this argument, a side I'm sure many wont care to hear from but still hope you take the time to read and consider.

As a player that dedicates my time to the pilot role every chance I can, planes are not the problem...you and your team are.

DICE has given you stationary flak, vehicles to tow stationary flak, mobile AA tanks, LMG's, Panzerfousts and OTHER PLANES all designed to combat enemy aircraft. I see this time and time again on forums, people complaining about pilots getting high K/Ds but then openly admit to not utilizing a single item DICE has given you to combat the issue.

If you don't have much time flying because that's not your thing, don't then go and complain when another player is killing it as a pilot because they put in the time and effort to get better. If you're team is getting bombed, don't just rely on other people in your team to resolve the issue because 99.99% of the time they are waiting for someone else on the team do it too.

I see comments about how a team of people can stop a tank...same applies to planes. On panzerstorm alone you have the ability to spawn in 6 mobile AA's, jump on 10 AA's in/around objectives and tow 4 stationary AA's around the map for 1 team!....DICE literally gave you 20 AA armaments to combat 2 enemy planes and that's not even including any panzerfousts or LMGs. If you have 20 armaments at your disposal to take out 2 aircraft and the pilots are still wrecking ground targets, maybe it's not the pilots you should be complaining about.

The reason infantry gets rekt by pilots because everyone is so tunnel visioned on sniping, camping or capping that objective they dont allow themselves to have full situational awareness and would rather ask DICE to nerf or remove vehicles all together simply because they don't want to take time out of their PTFOing to focus on the pilot at hand.

As I said at the beginning, I dedicate myself to the pilot roll, flying a fighter with a spotting camera (Germans) and 2x 250lbs bombs with intense strafing capabilities (British) to help my team PTFO objectives, keep the skies clear of enemy bombers and assist in downing tanks, bridges, etc.....and I can tell you now AA's hit hard when used properly. So many times a team of 3 - 4 people have straight up stopped me from advancing past certain points of the map to help the team because the range of the guns is enormous. On Arras the AA's go across the whole map from spawn, planes barely have anywhere to go so of course we'll go for the AA's but that's risk over reward.... get into an AA, become a target and possibly die taking out the enemy plane or do nothing and keep getting bombed, your choice.

In the end the plane might not get shot down but the plane also cant help their team either and isnt that better for your team? to stop pilots like me helping my team push up or is this whole thread like many others really about infantry just wanting the ability to kill planes instantly like you can infantry on the ground?

You have all the tools to help push planes back and down them if they get careless....start using these tools and stop complaining to DICE about your inability to take 5 minutes from pushing, camping, etc to stop the pilot causing you grief
  • thesparrowclan16
    77 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Planes and tanks are what makes it battlefield and not COD that said I hate it when u get spawn bombed but I just get a AA tank or gun or just get while squd to fire everything at the game spoilers I love this game shame its as it is
  • full951
    2409 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It would not be an issue if there was an effective counter. Right now there just isn't.
  • Real_Noobalishus
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    full951 said:
    It would not be an issue if there was an effective counter. Right now there just isn't.
    There is an effective counter, your team utilizing all the tools available to help push back or down the enemy aircraft. In my last response I listed a range of things you could do to stop planes and this is coming from someone who flies the planes every chance I can
  • full951
    2409 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 9
    full951 said:

There is an effective counter, your team utilizing all the tools available to help push back or down the enemy aircraft. In my last response I listed a range of things you could do to stop planes and this is coming from someone who flies the planes every chance I can

There's tools but it's out of balance. As a pilot you know you only need ONE tool, the plane. I'm glad it's effective as it is. It should be. But there needs to be an effective counter. Two ground anti air stations working in tandom have only a small chance to counter a plane.
    Post edited by full951 on
  • Real_Noobalishus
    edited August 9
    It comes down to perspective, if you think there's no way of winning, you won't win. If you place 2 stationary AA's next to each other you're asking to be double bombed. Separate them, have team mates hiding near by with Panzerfousts, piats, LMG's, etc. but the best thing to help is by going up in a fighter. Just like there are infantry that just dominate ground play because they know each flank, best positions, crazy sensitivity settings, etc because they've put in an immense time to get better so they can go 60 - 0 on the ground, there are pilots who have put in the same level of dedication and learnt how to maneuver away from flaks, know where to hit, know which way to switch so they lose fighters on their 6, etc. The planes aren't that OP, it's the pilots behind it that have put in the time and effort that are
  • Real_Noobalishus
    It comes down to perspective, if you think there's no way of winning, you won't win. If you place 2 stationary AA's next to each other you're asking to be double bombed. Separate them, have team mates hiding near by with Panzerfousts, piats, LMG's, etc. but the best thing to help is by going up in a fighter. Just like there are infantry that just dominate ground play because they know each flank, best positions, crazy sensitivity settings, etc because they've put in an immense time to get better so they can go 60 - 0 on the ground, there are pilots who have put in the same level of dedication and learnt how to maneuver away from flaks, know where to hit, know which way to switch so they lose fighters on their 6, etc. It's not the planes that are OP it's the pilots that have put in the time and effort that are OP