Pilots and Planes are ruining the game

2»

Comments

  • full951
    2409 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It comes down to perspective, if you think there's no way of winning, you won't win. If you place 2 stationary AA's next to each other you're asking to be double bombed. Separate them, have team mates hiding near by with Panzerfousts, piats, LMG's, etc. but the best thing to help is by going up in a fighter. Just like there are infantry that just dominate ground play because they know each flank, best positions, crazy sensitivity settings, etc because they've put in an immense time to get better so they can go 60 - 0 on the ground, there are pilots who have put in the same level of dedication and learnt how to maneuver away from flaks, know where to hit, know which way to switch so they lose fighters on their 6, etc. It's not the planes that are OP it's the pilots that have put in the time and effort that are OP

    I see what you're saying. There are tools but unfortunately there isn't a strong culture of teamwork. And the fact a plane can straight fly into an AA tanking every single shot.
  • Real_Noobalishus
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    A single AA is easy to dodge most rounds but if they fly straight at you from a decent distance and you land each round you can and will kill a careless pilot
  • full951
    2409 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So easy the plane does not have to dodge. Just fly right into it
  • Real_Noobalishus
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    We clearly have a difference of opinion which wont change. All I'm saying is dont be so defeatist about it, planes can and will go down if you work as a team and a plane going head on into AA from a distance being pegged every second of the way can still get taken down if the pilot is careless. it's much easier to dodge and keep your health than risk flying straight into flak
  • DarthValtrex
    11 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Spawn bombing as in "base ****"?
    If so your team deserves to be bombed to the stone age.
    Every tank should be on the move when the clock counts to zero.
    Really we deserved to be spawn bombed in the first 30 seconds of the round? As we run out of the spawn before ANY objectives have been captured?  have over half of our squad cleaned out? Plus lose all of our tanks? That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Planes and Bombers are running people off of the servers about as fast as anything else. It gets real old constantly being blown up by something you can not effectively counter. 

    More Flak Canons? is that a joke? Fjell has one of the highest flak canon ratios on BFV and it's by far the worst map for infantry vs planes. Flak Canons out in the game leave you as a sitting duck to infantry. I won't play Fjell anymore, I also won't play Hamada due to bombers. 

    I won't play anymore until they nerf the stupid planes. Now ya'll might love them because you fly in the game. But everyone else, and that happens to be the majority of the players hate them. How many pilots are there on a map 2-3 a team. So Dice is going to allow 4-6 players ruin the game for the remaining 52+ players.

    Why should bombers be so accurate? Is your argument realism? During WWII Bombers were largely ineffective and very inaccurate. Less than 32% of bombs hit with 1000 feet of their intended target. That's why they carpet bombed and went after industry/cities and not troops. 
  • DarthValtrex
    11 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It comes down to perspective, if you think there's no way of winning, you won't win. If you place 2 stationary AA's next to each other you're asking to be double bombed. Separate them, have team mates hiding near by with Panzerfousts, piats, LMG's, etc. but the best thing to help is by going up in a fighter. Just like there are infantry that just dominate ground play because they know each flank, best positions, crazy sensitivity settings, etc because they've put in an immense time to get better so they can go 60 - 0 on the ground, there are pilots who have put in the same level of dedication and learnt how to maneuver away from flaks, know where to hit, know which way to switch so they lose fighters on their 6, etc. It's not the planes that are OP it's the pilots that have put in the time and effort that are OP
    It's impossible to get good in planes for multiple reasons. 1. most pilots have their planes fully upgraded. The upgrades are of large enough impact that you can't compete in a standard plane w/o upgrades. 2. the pilots are too skilled, you'll get shot down instantly. So learning to fly them is impossible. If you get shot down in the first 1 minute flying them how are you supposed to gain experience?! 

    Training mode? have you seen what a joke training mode is?
  • barnesalmighty2
    1353 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Real_Noobalishus said:
    It comes down to perspective, if you think there's no way of winning, you won't win. If you place 2 stationary AA's next to each other you're asking to be double bombed. Separate them, have team mates hiding near by with Panzerfousts, piats, LMG's, etc. but the best thing to help is by going up in a fighter. Just like there are infantry that just dominate ground play because they know each flank, best positions, crazy sensitivity settings, etc because they've put in an immense time to get better so they can go 60 - 0 on the ground, there are pilots who have put in the same level of dedication and learnt how to maneuver away from flaks, know where to hit, know which way to switch so they lose fighters on their 6, etc. It's not the planes that are OP it's the pilots that have put in the time and effort that are OP


    It's impossible to get good in planes for multiple reasons. 1. most pilots have their planes fully upgraded. The upgrades are of large enough impact that you can't compete in a standard plane w/o upgrades. 2. the pilots are too skilled, you'll get shot down instantly. So learning to fly them is impossible. If you get shot down in the first 1 minute flying them how are you supposed to gain experience?! 
    Training mode? have you seen what a joke training mode is?

    What you need is a good wingman. I'm getting an xbox in a few weeks and will be starting from scratch but I'm confident it won't be too difficult as I already know how to fly.
  • ElliotLH
    7767 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Real_Noobalishus said:
    It comes down to perspective, if you think there's no way of winning, you won't win. If you place 2 stationary AA's next to each other you're asking to be double bombed. Separate them, have team mates hiding near by with Panzerfousts, piats, LMG's, etc. but the best thing to help is by going up in a fighter. Just like there are infantry that just dominate ground play because they know each flank, best positions, crazy sensitivity settings, etc because they've put in an immense time to get better so they can go 60 - 0 on the ground, there are pilots who have put in the same level of dedication and learnt how to maneuver away from flaks, know where to hit, know which way to switch so they lose fighters on their 6, etc. It's not the planes that are OP it's the pilots that have put in the time and effort that are OP


    It's impossible to get good in planes for multiple reasons. 1. most pilots have their planes fully upgraded. The upgrades are of large enough impact that you can't compete in a standard plane w/o upgrades. 2. the pilots are too skilled, you'll get shot down instantly. So learning to fly them is impossible. If you get shot down in the first 1 minute flying them how are you supposed to gain experience?! 
    Training mode? have you seen what a joke training mode is?

    What you need is a good wingman. I'm getting an xbox in a few weeks and will be starting from scratch but I'm confident it won't be too difficult as I already know how to fly.

    I'm going to send you salty messages when you inevitably shoot me down 😆
  • barnesalmighty2
    1353 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    Real_Noobalishus said:
    It comes down to perspective, if you think there's no way of winning, you won't win. If you place 2 stationary AA's next to each other you're asking to be double bombed. Separate them, have team mates hiding near by with Panzerfousts, piats, LMG's, etc. but the best thing to help is by going up in a fighter. Just like there are infantry that just dominate ground play because they know each flank, best positions, crazy sensitivity settings, etc because they've put in an immense time to get better so they can go 60 - 0 on the ground, there are pilots who have put in the same level of dedication and learnt how to maneuver away from flaks, know where to hit, know which way to switch so they lose fighters on their 6, etc. It's not the planes that are OP it's the pilots that have put in the time and effort that are OP


    It's impossible to get good in planes for multiple reasons. 1. most pilots have their planes fully upgraded. The upgrades are of large enough impact that you can't compete in a standard plane w/o upgrades. 2. the pilots are too skilled, you'll get shot down instantly. So learning to fly them is impossible. If you get shot down in the first 1 minute flying them how are you supposed to gain experience?! 
    Training mode? have you seen what a joke training mode is?

    What you need is a good wingman. I'm getting an xbox in a few weeks and will be starting from scratch but I'm confident it won't be too difficult as I already know how to fly.

    I'm going to send you salty messages when you inevitably shoot me down 😆

    I'd take it as a compliment lol. It'll take me a few games to relearn the xbox pad after that no worries lol. How does the xbox community play these days? It was very different playstyle between xbox and playstation last time I had an xbox.
  • ElliotLH
    7767 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    Real_Noobalishus said:
    It comes down to perspective, if you think there's no way of winning, you won't win. If you place 2 stationary AA's next to each other you're asking to be double bombed. Separate them, have team mates hiding near by with Panzerfousts, piats, LMG's, etc. but the best thing to help is by going up in a fighter. Just like there are infantry that just dominate ground play because they know each flank, best positions, crazy sensitivity settings, etc because they've put in an immense time to get better so they can go 60 - 0 on the ground, there are pilots who have put in the same level of dedication and learnt how to maneuver away from flaks, know where to hit, know which way to switch so they lose fighters on their 6, etc. It's not the planes that are OP it's the pilots that have put in the time and effort that are OP


    It's impossible to get good in planes for multiple reasons. 1. most pilots have their planes fully upgraded. The upgrades are of large enough impact that you can't compete in a standard plane w/o upgrades. 2. the pilots are too skilled, you'll get shot down instantly. So learning to fly them is impossible. If you get shot down in the first 1 minute flying them how are you supposed to gain experience?! 
    Training mode? have you seen what a joke training mode is?

    What you need is a good wingman. I'm getting an xbox in a few weeks and will be starting from scratch but I'm confident it won't be too difficult as I already know how to fly.

    I'm going to send you salty messages when you inevitably shoot me down 😆

    I'd take it as a compliment lol. It'll take me a few games to relearn the xbox pad after that no worries lol. How does the xbox community play these days? It was very different playstyle between xbox and playstation last time I had an xbox.

    Oh same, and with cheating reports too.

    The community is OK but I think it's a bit quieter than PS4 as I see the same players quite often. There's a bit of static play and people playing off of the objectives but there seems to be a decent amount of PTFO going on still. The air game is a bit odd to me as it's either dominate or get dominated. Mind you that all might be similar to how it is on PS4 - I've only played BF1 on a friends console so don't have much experience.

    Send me a message when you get your Xbox as I'll be glad to be a wingman. Or at least act as a bullet shield haha.
  • barnesalmighty2
    1353 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 11
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    Real_Noobalishus said:
    It comes down to perspective, if you think there's no way of winning, you won't win. If you place 2 stationary AA's next to each other you're asking to be double bombed. Separate them, have team mates hiding near by with Panzerfousts, piats, LMG's, etc. but the best thing to help is by going up in a fighter. Just like there are infantry that just dominate ground play because they know each flank, best positions, crazy sensitivity settings, etc because they've put in an immense time to get better so they can go 60 - 0 on the ground, there are pilots who have put in the same level of dedication and learnt how to maneuver away from flaks, know where to hit, know which way to switch so they lose fighters on their 6, etc. It's not the planes that are OP it's the pilots that have put in the time and effort that are OP


    It's impossible to get good in planes for multiple reasons. 1. most pilots have their planes fully upgraded. The upgrades are of large enough impact that you can't compete in a standard plane w/o upgrades. 2. the pilots are too skilled, you'll get shot down instantly. So learning to fly them is impossible. If you get shot down in the first 1 minute flying them how are you supposed to gain experience?! 
    Training mode? have you seen what a joke training mode is?

    What you need is a good wingman. I'm getting an xbox in a few weeks and will be starting from scratch but I'm confident it won't be too difficult as I already know how to fly.

    I'm going to send you salty messages when you inevitably shoot me down 😆

    I'd take it as a compliment lol. It'll take me a few games to relearn the xbox pad after that no worries lol. How does the xbox community play these days? It was very different playstyle between xbox and playstation last time I had an xbox.

    Oh same, and with cheating reports too.

    The community is OK but I think it's a bit quieter than PS4 as I see the same players quite often. There's a bit of static play and people playing off of the objectives but there seems to be a decent amount of PTFO going on still. The air game is a bit odd to me as it's either dominate or get dominated. Mind you that all might be similar to how it is on PS4 - I've only played BF1 on a friends console so don't have much experience.

    Send me a message when you get your Xbox as I'll be glad to be a wingman. Or at least act as a bullet shield haha.

    Certainly will do. Thanks. I just decided to have a crack at CQ flying only and had a perfect game only 20 or so kills but shot down every single enemy plane it was fun. But Im still not a fan of cq
  • ElliotLH
    7767 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    Real_Noobalishus said:
    It comes down to perspective, if you think there's no way of winning, you won't win. If you place 2 stationary AA's next to each other you're asking to be double bombed. Separate them, have team mates hiding near by with Panzerfousts, piats, LMG's, etc. but the best thing to help is by going up in a fighter. Just like there are infantry that just dominate ground play because they know each flank, best positions, crazy sensitivity settings, etc because they've put in an immense time to get better so they can go 60 - 0 on the ground, there are pilots who have put in the same level of dedication and learnt how to maneuver away from flaks, know where to hit, know which way to switch so they lose fighters on their 6, etc. It's not the planes that are OP it's the pilots that have put in the time and effort that are OP


    It's impossible to get good in planes for multiple reasons. 1. most pilots have their planes fully upgraded. The upgrades are of large enough impact that you can't compete in a standard plane w/o upgrades. 2. the pilots are too skilled, you'll get shot down instantly. So learning to fly them is impossible. If you get shot down in the first 1 minute flying them how are you supposed to gain experience?! 
    Training mode? have you seen what a joke training mode is?

    What you need is a good wingman. I'm getting an xbox in a few weeks and will be starting from scratch but I'm confident it won't be too difficult as I already know how to fly.

    I'm going to send you salty messages when you inevitably shoot me down 😆

    I'd take it as a compliment lol. It'll take me a few games to relearn the xbox pad after that no worries lol. How does the xbox community play these days? It was very different playstyle between xbox and playstation last time I had an xbox.

    Oh same, and with cheating reports too.

    The community is OK but I think it's a bit quieter than PS4 as I see the same players quite often. There's a bit of static play and people playing off of the objectives but there seems to be a decent amount of PTFO going on still. The air game is a bit odd to me as it's either dominate or get dominated. Mind you that all might be similar to how it is on PS4 - I've only played BF1 on a friends console so don't have much experience.

    Send me a message when you get your Xbox as I'll be glad to be a wingman. Or at least act as a bullet shield haha.

    Certainly will do. Thanks. I just decided to have a crack at CQ flying only and had a perfect game only 20 or so kills but shot down every single enemy plane it was fun. But Im still not a fan of cq

    GG that's better than I can manage in CQ when I play it.
  • Venomenal1
    284 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Planes need to deploy Much later after teams have properly dispersed their spawn area, I know this for a fact as I take out plenty in their spawn at the beginning of a match. The OP is spot on. Also the flak cannons and tanks need to hit harder on planes, be it a tad more distance added or/and extra punch. Tanks also need to be buffed strength wise against plane damage.
  • barnesalmighty2
    1353 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    Real_Noobalishus said:
    It comes down to perspective, if you think there's no way of winning, you won't win. If you place 2 stationary AA's next to each other you're asking to be double bombed. Separate them, have team mates hiding near by with Panzerfousts, piats, LMG's, etc. but the best thing to help is by going up in a fighter. Just like there are infantry that just dominate ground play because they know each flank, best positions, crazy sensitivity settings, etc because they've put in an immense time to get better so they can go 60 - 0 on the ground, there are pilots who have put in the same level of dedication and learnt how to maneuver away from flaks, know where to hit, know which way to switch so they lose fighters on their 6, etc. It's not the planes that are OP it's the pilots that have put in the time and effort that are OP


    It's impossible to get good in planes for multiple reasons. 1. most pilots have their planes fully upgraded. The upgrades are of large enough impact that you can't compete in a standard plane w/o upgrades. 2. the pilots are too skilled, you'll get shot down instantly. So learning to fly them is impossible. If you get shot down in the first 1 minute flying them how are you supposed to gain experience?! 
    Training mode? have you seen what a joke training mode is?

    What you need is a good wingman. I'm getting an xbox in a few weeks and will be starting from scratch but I'm confident it won't be too difficult as I already know how to fly.

    I'm going to send you salty messages when you inevitably shoot me down 😆

    I'd take it as a compliment lol. It'll take me a few games to relearn the xbox pad after that no worries lol. How does the xbox community play these days? It was very different playstyle between xbox and playstation last time I had an xbox.

    Oh same, and with cheating reports too.

    The community is OK but I think it's a bit quieter than PS4 as I see the same players quite often. There's a bit of static play and people playing off of the objectives but there seems to be a decent amount of PTFO going on still. The air game is a bit odd to me as it's either dominate or get dominated. Mind you that all might be similar to how it is on PS4 - I've only played BF1 on a friends console so don't have much experience.

    Send me a message when you get your Xbox as I'll be glad to be a wingman. Or at least act as a bullet shield haha.

    Certainly will do. Thanks. I just decided to have a crack at CQ flying only and had a perfect game only 20 or so kills but shot down every single enemy plane it was fun. But Im still not a fan of cq

    GG that's better than I can manage in CQ when I play it.

    Sent you a friend request. Yeah I spent ages just flying around trying stupid things and crashing a lot, but it gave me a really good footing for dogfighting. It'll be great to actually coordinate flying with someone.
  • FROGLOGIC
    90 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    #True, good feedback. Let’s not forget most maps only have 2-3 resupply areas (that’s a weak spot for us)... If I’m on the ground I got no problem dropping planes w/ either RPG or flaks... Love the Battlefield experience...
  • 4Primeval
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Remove their ability to repair and force them to be more tactical when approaching a bombing run. It also fix the problem of plane and tank hogs. 
  • DRUNKMONKEY9821
    84 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dps is the problem
  • Real_Noobalishus
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Also the flak cannons and tanks need to hit harder on planes, be it a tad more distance added or/and extra punch. Tanks also need to be buffed strength wise against plane damage.
    Flak cannons do significant damage and will down planes fast when used correctly, as I said to someone on Reddit, think of an AA like a shotgun, effective at close range, terrible at long range due to the time of flak travel making it easier to evade. 99% of people will shoot an AA well out of range which tells me exactly where they are. I will then go outside of their line of sight, come in from another angle, wait until I'm within 200m and then strafe when they least expect it. AAs need to do the same, only shoot the aircraft when they are close enough they cant evade and not when they are expecting it, have patience, don't give away your position early and you'll find it much easier to down planes.

    As for range, the AA range was buffed heavily in a few updates back which now make maps like Arras difficult for planes, as AA at spawn can hit you within 90% of the flying area, including the resupply stations. In an ideal world the AA range should be a ratio to the size of the map played like Panzerstorm where AA can reach rougly 1/3 of the map size which punishes people who sit in spawn wasting a vehicle all game but also have enough range that if you do PTFO you can hold a plane back. Unfortunately that's not the case and so on maps like Hamada the AA will cover roughly 2/3 of the map and 4/5 of Arras, which leads to people sitting next to resupply stations all game not PTFOing and most times actually assist in making their team lose by wasting a tank that could otherwise be out there supporting infantry
Sign In or Register to comment.