Weekly BF

Pilots and Planes are ruining the game

13»

Comments

• barnesalmighty2
    1572 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    elkco wrote: »
    It would be great if I could climb into a plane and last more than 7 seconds!! I even watch on the map, make sure no enemy planes are headed to the spawn but without fail, I no sooner get flying and I'm getting shot from behind. Ok, try again, SAME THING!! no way to get experience and improve like that!

Get a wingman. If your ps4 I'll help you learn.
  • n1ghtskynet
    62 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Just a little info here bombers are supposed to do a lot of damage 
  • SixTouge
    235 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    elkco wrote: »
    It would be great if I could climb into a plane and last more than 7 seconds!! I even watch on the map, make sure no enemy planes are headed to the spawn but without fail, I no sooner get flying and I'm getting shot from behind. Ok, try again, SAME THING!! no way to get experience and improve like that!

I relate 100%, that's been very much my experience too. It's why I find it hard to say planes are over powered or ruining the game for infantry. My feeling is if a plane is wrecking the ground troops, it's kind of how it should be, but also that pilot is earning it.
  • mudpig44
    103 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They are again spawn bombing at the start of the games, blowing up tanks and getting a boat load of kills in the first minute of the game. Hey uh dice, How about planes don't spawn in for first 4 minutes so infantry and tanks can spread out and not be spawn bombed?! Simple fix that would go a long ways towards improving the game.
    There is no real way to effectively counter a skilled pilot who's in a bomber plane, if you are infantry or in a tank. The only options are Falk cannon? You won't shoot down a decent pilot in a flak cannon, you'll just annoy them.  Flakpanzer? Possible to shoot them down, but if the pilot is good they typically work in teams. One will blow up your flak Panzer from the back/side while the other distracts you. Toss in the fact that flak panzers are boring if you don't have planes to shoot at. They can be semi effective against infantry but that's a risky endeavor because you're vulnerable extremely vulnerable to enemy tanks and artillery. Have good pilots on your team? You can hope but that's about it.
    It's getting  to the point that I will no longer play on servers with skilled pilots. I just leave and find a new server, it's not fun constantly getting blown up by pinpoint precision bomber pilots and having no effective way to counter them. It's not uncommon to go up against bomber pilots going 60-4 or better. Who wants to play an enemy that will dominate you that badly? I can't think of anyone.

Now I understand that tanks can do similar things. But it is possible and actually easy for a group of 2-3 players to team up on a tank and remove it from the game. Infantry and tanks stand no chance against a bomber pilot at all.

I think you mean Dice and EA have ruined the game.
  • riafomh
    221 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Whine. Complain. Gripe.  {sigh}
    Learn to adapt and deal with things, people.  "Infantry and tanks stand no chance against a bomber pilot at all"...  Really?  I don't think so.
    Like mentioned, jump on an AA, spawn into an AA-tank, get into another plane, and take him out.  Hell, often you can even RPG those slower-moving ground-hugging bombers yourself.  You're far from defenseless.  Deal with it.  Dice / EA have been pretty good about providing you with the appropriate tools to deal with any situation, you just need to use them - problem is most people don't want to 'push their comfort zones' and get frustrated because they keep getting bombed over and over doing the same thing they were doing before...  (I know you prefer to run Inf, or a non-AA tank, but just adapt and deal with it, okay?)
    Here's another alternative for you.  If you hate bombers and planes so much, pick servers and modes that don't have planes in them.  There are plenty.
  • biggien79
    83 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yay I'm ruining the game!!! (sarcasm)
  • riafomh
    221 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You evil pilot you !!  (mock indignation)
  • KorpusDraige
    2330 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It comes down to perspective, if you think there's no way of winning, you won't win. If you place 2 stationary AA's next to each other you're asking to be double bombed. Separate them, have team mates hiding near by with Panzerfousts, piats, LMG's, etc. but the best thing to help is by going up in a fighter. Just like there are infantry that just dominate ground play because they know each flank, best positions, crazy sensitivity settings, etc because they've put in an immense time to get better so they can go 60 - 0 on the ground, there are pilots who have put in the same level of dedication and learnt how to maneuver away from flaks, know where to hit, know which way to switch so they lose fighters on their 6, etc. It's not the planes that are OP it's the pilots that have put in the time and effort that are OP
    It's impossible to get good in planes for multiple reasons. 1. most pilots have their planes fully upgraded. The upgrades are of large enough impact that you can't compete in a standard plane w/o upgrades. 2. the pilots are too skilled, you'll get shot down instantly. So learning to fly them is impossible. If you get shot down in the first 1 minute flying them how are you supposed to gain experience?! 

Training mode? have you seen what a joke training mode is?
    A little old, but I'm pretty sure anybody with dogfighting knowledge would take down a fully upgraded plane if they had a standard starting plane. Just because their plane can move faster doesn't mean they know how to use the plane. Just like in BF4 when the Stealth Jet could easily out maneuver an Attack Jet, I rarely have trouble beating any Stealth Jet because they don't know what they're doing.

As for Training Mode, it seems to be pretty weak, yes. However, if you are willing to learn, grab a friend, invite them, turn on friendly fire and 1v1 practice with them. Also, playing to the map helps. Don't always how where you are, sneak up to your opponents, a broken wing in this game can be very deadly to a pilot.