The teaming in Solo Firestorm needs to STOP!

Mceedj11
49 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
I currently have 94 victories in solo.

I have been seeing a LOT of players teaming and creating a very “even” playing field for other players.

I always see these noobs in matches.

What can be done to stop this DICE?

This needs to be brought to their attention because honestly this is starting to become pathetic.

Comments

• LinkZeppeloyd
    846 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There are enough people playing Firestorm to team?
  • ragnarok013
    3431 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    moved to firestorm section
  • YourLocalPlumber
    3117 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Simple - Bring back Duos. But Dice are not gonna do that because they don't listen to us.
  • senna001
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The number of players playing as a team in solo has been increasing every day. Solo 's good taste began to run away. a precaution should be taken.
  • tempo_rarity
    1103 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Solo Mode is currently a gamble selection , and getting worse .
    'I' have a nearly 40% chance of experiencing 'duos' or 'trios' in 'Solo' mode , based on recent past rounds .
  • jroggs
    687 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Is this a PC thing? You guys got videos? I don't think I've seen one clear-cut case of teaming in hundreds of Solo matches on PS4.
  • ZeroCool_Doc
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @jroggs
    I found this in PS4 too, imho is easy to do and difficult to solve
    I have a clip in my PS4 and in my twitter, but it was 2-3 months ago
  • YourLocalPlumber
    3117 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 6
    jroggs said:
    Is this a PC thing? You guys got videos? I don't think I've seen one clear-cut case of teaming in hundreds of Solo matches on PS4.
    @jroggs Happens very often. Here is one I had last week when doing weekly ToW assignments.
  • jroggs
    687 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    jroggs said:
    Happens very often. Here is one I had last week when doing weekly ToW assignments.
    I'm watching this on my phone right now so maybe I'm missing something (e.g. I can't see their names), but I gave that several watches and I see no real evidence of teaming. (Nice win, BTW.)

Here's the thing: the nature of Firestorm creates a lot of circumstances that might look like potential teaming that simply aren't, especially in the endgame. I started piling up Solo wins by learning to hold my fire and let enemies go, even sometimes when the kill was guaranteed, because giving myself away unnecessarily can cost me my chance at winning. This is extremely true in the final three. Someone spectating me might see me let another player run past me **** and think, "He didn't shoot that guy! Is he teaming?" Nope. I'm just going for a prudent win rather than a blaze of glory that gets me killed. I know my ability level and I do better relying on tactics than raw skill. (I still average about 5.5 kills per win, it's just heavily bookended with very little action in the midgame.)

There's also a lack of motive to teaming in BFV, since Firestorm isn't that hard to win anyway and there's no incentive to winning other than seeing the V screen.

I'm certainly not saying teaming NEVER happens, but if this is the kind of thing people are submitting in cheat reports, it's no wonder DICE is having a hard time managing real cheaters. Kneejerk accusations of maybe-cheating are counterproductive; if you're going to accuse someone, the cheating should be blatant and without reasonable doubt. It shouldn't even be hard to prove with the game supporting spectating. Show me two players who are clearly aware of each other but not engaging, instead moving together and fighting other players while "ignoring" each other or maybe even splitting loot. Or something suspect with other evidence, like the two being from the same platoon or with a special incentive on the line.

Here's an example of what I would call blatant teaming. (You gotta watch it all the way to the end past when I die.)

Context - This is from H1Z1's battle royale. Specifically, this clip is from a match during a limited-time event. There was a special Solo mode with one Golden Skull in each round that made your character glow and ping loudly, but if you managed to win the round while holding it, you would earn an extremely rare and prestigious helmet cosmetic that couldn't be acquired any other way. It was incredibly tough, because you had to not only outlast 99 other players and win, but it only counted if you had the skull in your inventory at the moment the 2nd place player died. (If you won the round by killing the guy that was holding the skull, that didn't count.) So players had a real motive to seek advantages like teaming.

In the first part of the clip, you can see two players side by side shooting at me. Very suspicious, though perhaps not completely condemning from my angle. There's a short cut (I drove away to heal up and then came back), and even in the gas and with my score screen blocking some of the action, you can clearly see that they're working alongside each other, mutually aware but not shooting each other. That's teaming. There's no other reasonable explanation to the situation.
  • tempo_rarity
    1103 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The 'teaming' 'phenomena' IS evolving , but it's completely expected and entirely natural considering how long it's been allowed to live .
    'Teaming' IS a grey activity (due to 'Official' non-response) but it seems the securing of a Win by these means isn't quite as grey .
    The witnessed 'evolution' then?
    . . . 
    . . .  unfortunately , I'm NOT at liberty to describe such methodology ,  nor do I want to . . .

There IS sharing of Loot and doubling of firepower though , and now lately , evidence of clans involved too .
    (as far as I'm concerned , those four idiots painted both of their ENTIRE clans as cheaters by teaming in Solo)
    Wondering about those "incentive"-why's' just wanders off into the miasma of their mental illnesses though , and I ain't going there .

What WAS ; at one point not so long ago ; a rare occurrence of experiencing 'teaming' in Solo which equated out to be a one-in-ten-or-twelve rounds-occurrence , has now 'evolved' to be a one-in-four rate of occurrence - this , personally experienced by me .

+-7% , all the way up to +-25% , in just a few weeks .
    'Poor' BFV  :confused:
  • YourLocalPlumber
    jroggs said:
    jroggs said:
    Happens very often. Here is one I had last week when doing weekly ToW assignments.image
    I'm watching this on my phone right now so maybe I'm missing something (e.g. I can't see their names), but I gave that several watches and I see no real evidence of teaming. (Nice win, BTW.)

Here's the thing: the nature of Firestorm creates a lot of circumstances that might look like potential teaming that simply aren't, especially in the endgame. I started piling up Solo wins by learning to hold my fire and let enemies go, even sometimes when the kill was guaranteed, because giving myself away unnecessarily can cost me my chance at winning. This is extremely true in the final three. Someone spectating me might see me let another player run past me **** and think, "He didn't shoot that guy! Is he teaming?" Nope. I'm just going for a prudent win rather than a blaze of glory that gets me killed. I know my ability level and I do better relying on tactics than raw skill. (I still average about 5.5 kills per win, it's just heavily bookended with very little action in the midgame.)

There's also a lack of motive to teaming in BFV, since Firestorm isn't that hard to win anyway and there's no incentive to winning other than seeing the V screen.

I'm certainly not saying teaming NEVER happens, but if this is the kind of thing people are submitting in cheat reports, it's no wonder DICE is having a hard time managing real cheaters. Kneejerk accusations of maybe-cheating are counterproductive; if you're going to accuse someone, the cheating should be blatant and without reasonable doubt. It shouldn't even be hard to prove with the game supporting spectating. Show me two players who are clearly aware of each other but not engaging, instead moving together and fighting other players while "ignoring" each other or maybe even splitting loot. Or something suspect with other evidence, like the two being from the same platoon or with a special incentive on the line.

Here's an example of what I would call blatant teaming. (You gotta watch it all the way to the end past when I die.)

Context - This is from H1Z1's battle royale. Specifically, this clip is from a match during a limited-time event. There was a special Solo mode with one Golden Skull in each round that made your character glow and ping loudly, but if you managed to win the round while holding it, you would earn an extremely rare and prestigious helmet cosmetic that couldn't be acquired any other way. It was incredibly tough, because you had to not only outlast 99 other players and win, but it only counted if you had the skull in your inventory at the moment the 2nd place player died. (If you won the round by killing the guy that was holding the skull, that didn't count.) So players had a real motive to seek advantages like teaming.

In the first part of the clip, you can see two players side by side shooting at me. Very suspicious, though perhaps not completely condemning from my angle. There's a short cut (I drove away to heal up and then came back), and even in the gas and with my score screen blocking some of the action, you can clearly see that they're working alongside each other, mutually aware but not shooting each other. That's teaming. There's no other reasonable explanation to the situation.
    I don't know what size phone do you have, but its clearly visible around 0:05 mark when I start shooting the first guy that they're teaming because second one is standing literally  10 feet away on his left and is visible on the screen. I highly doubt that they didn't see each other after Panzerfausting me to hell for good 15-20 seconds before I realised that they're teaming and began recording.
  • firechickenfan
    472 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 9
    So, I am on ps4. The last two solo matches I played, had 2 separate teams of two. Moving together, hiding together, and killing together. I was 5th place. I started spectating the guy whom killed me. He was sharing his med packs with another player. The second two man team slaughtered them while sharing med packs. That left just the last two. I spectate while they danced and teabagged the privuois team together. I watched for another minute or two as they interacted with each other, before one guy ran into the fire (on purpose) so his buddy would get the win.

It IS happening ALL THE TIME.
  • jroggs

I don't know what size phone do you have, but its clearly visible around 0:05 mark when I start shooting the first guy that they're teaming because second one is standing literally  10 feet away on his left and is visible on the screen. I highly doubt that they didn't see each other after Panzerfausting me to hell for good 15-20 seconds before I realised that they're teaming and began recording.
    Did you read the rest of my post, though? It's not a question of whether one saw the other, it's a question of whether BOTH saw each other and knew the other knew. You don't always shoot someone just because you can see them and kill them, especially in the endgame and ESPECIALLY especially in the final-three.

Let me demonstrate from a recent (silly) win.

The enemy is right in front of me. I see him, he doesn't see me. Pretty easy kill. But I don't take the shot. Why? Because that kill at that time won't help me win. I instead bide my time. If another player had seen this during the match, it could look like I might be teaming. I'm not. I'm just waiting for the right moment, because if I shoot first, then I draw all the attention from the other players down on myself. And my strategy kinda paid off, albeit in a ridiculous way in this instance. In final-three scenarios, I will often do everything I can to stay hidden until the other two start shooting each other.

Were the players in your video teaming? It's a possibility. Does your video prove it beyond reasonable doubt? Not even a little. If you say they were standing side by side shooting Panzerfausts at you, that's different, but that's not what's in the video. That second enemy looks like he could have just been waiting to make a fashionably late arrival and maximize his chance of winning against a weakened runner-up. The other problem is that both those guys were pretty dumb and reckless in just standing out in the open while you were in cover, and it's hard to accurately see a scheme in stupidity.

Bottom line, I think people need to be sure before they start throwing around words like "cheater," because otherwise it's easy to start seeing cheating everywhere and every time. If I'd seen something like this while playing, I would probably wonder if they might have been teaming, too. But if I was a dev who received this video in a cheating report, I wouldn't take any action against those two players.
  • Ameriken05
    451 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Last night on xbox I was playing a solo round and saw NO LESS THAN 8 players teamed up, killing everyone else and then at the very end they called in a V-1 on themselves.  It was ridiculous - I did not know such a thing was possible for firestorm solo.  

I have a video I can upload if I figure out how to get it off my phone.  I came over a ridge and saw 6-8 players just standing there, thought it was a glitch but then they all turned on me and shot me together.  I watched on the kill cam they all moved off together and hunted down the other players one by one.  Then again the suicide V-1 rocket at the end (of which I have the video).

This could be a very bad thing for firestorm if behavior like this somehow becomes the norm.

CPT CALIGULA
  • Ameriken05
    451 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 10
    DELETED
  • Ameriken05
    edited August 10
    DELETED
  • jroggs
    edited August 13
    I think I jinxed myself. I just had a match that was on track to be a personal best, and it fell apart when I ran into at least two (probably four) teaming cheaters.

There's a small chance those first two that I killed were innocent, though it's very suspicious. However, there's no mistaking that that last two standing were cheating. And they weren't even trying to hide it. They danced around with each other for two minutes at the end, and they even had their matching Platoon tags active. Completely brazen.

Firestorm really needs to go free-to-play. With the limited player base, it's just way too easy for people to get matched together in Solos.
    [vid removed for N&S]
    Post edited by ragnarok013 on
  • Ameriken05
    Yes my incident was the first time I experienced it.  Makes me wonder if it's not the new hack given the probable ease of joining the same server while waiting for players to join.  I too was having a great game and then crested a ridge only to find the 6-8 players all standing around looking for the true solo players.  It was surreal and bizarre.  If it becomes a common occurrence it could absolutely wreck the solo mode - and possibly even the squad mode?  I agree with @jroggs - maybe some free-to-play offerings similar to what Blackout did could help resolve some of the lower player counts.  Or we will just have to fight fire with fire and all become cheaters.

CPT CALIGULA
  • ElliotLH
    8655 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Last night on xbox I was playing a solo round and saw NO LESS THAN 8 players teamed up, killing everyone else and then at the very end they called in a V-1 on themselves.  It was ridiculous - I did not know such a thing was possible for firestorm solo.  

I have a video I can upload if I figure out how to get it off my phone.  I came over a ridge and saw 6-8 players just standing there, thought it was a glitch but then they all turned on me and shot me together.  I watched on the kill cam they all moved off together and hunted down the other players one by one.  Then again the suicide V-1 rocket at the end (of which I have the video).

This could be a very bad thing for firestorm if behavior like this somehow becomes the norm.

CPT CALIGULA
    If you recorded the video on your Xbox it should be on xboxclips.com.
  • Ameriken05
    No I only started recording on my phone once I entered spectator mode for the guy who actually killed me.  I ended up with a few clips of them all running together in a pack and then the V-1 suicide.  What's the best way to imbed videos in the forum?

CPT CALIGULA