Shorten 3 minute start in Firestorm

t1grizzly
5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Please shorten the wait in firestorm to no more than one minute. there’s no apparent good reason why 63 out of 64 players should wait three minutes for a single person to join. It’s even ridiculous to have 50 or more players wait three minutes for the lobby to fill up.

Comments

• Starlito45
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Interesting
  • ChickenTheTank
    264 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think the timer speed-up floor should be 55 people. That's 85% of a full game
  • akk_fin
    52 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Counter sometimes can jump from 1 minute to 10 seconds, so they are reducing waiting time . 
  • ChickenTheTank
    264 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    akk_fin wrote: »
    Counter sometimes can jump from 1 minute to 10 seconds, so they are reducing waiting time . 

Yea, but that rarely happens when I play firestorm. I'm even starting to get games where the round is beginning half full on xbox, which has never been an issue before the damage done by patch 4.0 :(
  • TheFieryHotSauce
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If they did that then we'd get loads of 10 player lobbies. It takes 3 minutes just to get lobbies of 20-30 people sometimes. 
  • t1grizzly
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I did not ask for the timer to be shortened for small or very small lobbies.  I used a random cutoff of about 50 players for the countdown to be shortened.  In my experience while trying to play squad Firestorm (my region is N.America, usually play evenings), the lobbies generally have 60 players or more in them and we have to wait 3 minutes for the the last few players to trickle in.  It seems ridiculous to wait several minutes to add a few more players.   Would it really make a big difference if the squad game started up with a few less players or squads?   The 3 minute wait in the hangar lobby is already on top of the time it takes to find squad members if they are needed and the time to find a game.

Games are to be played, and not to be waiting in lobbies and hangars or searching for games. 
  • Kongo030
    641 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I wish they'd add a rejoin button after death. Not rejoining the session but just starting the same mode with the same setup. That way I could do something else then waiting 10 minutes in front of my screen having to click here and there to get to the next game.
  • jroggs
    293 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The real frustration is when the lobby has 64/64 and still says "Waiting for more players" while counting down from three minutes. Once it hits 64, it should immediately go to the 10 second countdown.
  • barnesalmighty2
    1477 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    My main gripe with firestorm is too little gameplay to far to much waiting and loading. It's just boring.